Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: What was your first concert?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Big time show ..June ‘88 Monsters of Rock US tour at RFK Stadium. Van Hagar Headlined , Scorpions, Dokken , Kingdom Come and None other than Metallica opened the Show!

Metallica Blew them all away!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Metallica is the best live show I've seen

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Metallica is the best live show I've seen

Yes. I’ve seen them prob 20 or so times. Bad ass live band.

As a side note they are my Fav band but not my fav live show. That would be a four way tie. Elton John, Social Distortion , U2 ( pre- Zoo TV) and Chris Stapleton.

Each for different reasons but all just soo amazing live.

I remember seeing Metallica at monsters of rock in 88 I think. Was a good show by them.

One of my favorites was Tom Petty in Dover at firefly festival several years ago. Seen AC/DC several times those were always great shows.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Must video for Metallica fans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W7wqQwa-TU

Blog Entries

I went to most of the Beach Boys concert at the DC mall July 4th, 1980-85. Supposed to have been estimated at about 400,000 people there. It's the closest thing to Woodstock that I have attended. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrzHX9-dj88

They were banned from playing there for a year in 83. Why, you ask? Because the Beach Boys were a "rock" band and they wanted to go to a more family oriented act, replaced by Wayne Newton. Seems the Interior Secretary Watt said the Beach Boys "draw the wrong element, a mob of college age whites, drinking lots of beer and smoking Marijuana". (The Horror). Watt admits now that he hadn’t even heard of the Beach Boys at the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KYDc8cKxPM
    https://ew.com/article/1993/04/09/beach-boys-banned/
    My how times have changed.

The ban didn't last long, I attended this one in 84 with these bands.

America
    Hank Williams, Jr.
    Three Dog Night
    The Beach Boys
    The O’Jays

Also saw them in 85 with this lineup
    Jimmy Page
    The Oak Ridge Boys
    Katrina and the Waves
    The Beach Boys
    Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

6. Re: What was your first concert?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Must video for Metallica fans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W7wqQwa-TU

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Yes. I’ve seen them prob 20 or so times. Bad ass live band.

As a side note they are my Fav band but not my fav live show. That would be a four way tie. Elton John, Social Distortion , U2 ( pre- Zoo TV) and Chris Stapleton.

Each for different reasons but all just soo amazing live.

Social Distortion sounds like it would be a cool show. Mid 90s was hands down the best Era for punk rock.

Pink Floyd, Germany 81

Nirvana 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Football's over (at least our guys). Really tired of politics and Covid chat.......I know it's important, but getting to overkill.

So post here about your first concert; I remember mine vividly:

The Guess Who at Cole Field House at U of Md. Around 1970. Friend of mine had tickets for $4 each.

We got there and I thought he had said we were going to see The WHO, so was mildly disappointed, but a good show anyway. Warm-up band was "Ballin' Jack", they said their name described their personal life.

Guess Who did a great show, then it ended. Asked my friend why they never played their big hit "No Time"; he said "it's the encore", and sure enough, right on cue, they came back and played it.

Icing on the cake at the show was this very hot coed sitting in front of me. I was pretty young and had never seen anyone making out. She & her boyfriend were sucking face for most of the show.

Guess Who is a very underrated band that gets very little airplay on the classic rock stations.
    The Guess Who featured Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman, both Canadians. Cummings went solo as a singer for a while. Bachman left to create BTO (Bachman Turner Overdrive) and recorded “Looking Out For Number One”, one of my all-time favorites. Mellow rock, where have you gone? (I thought it would never fade.)

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    The Guess Who featured Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman, both Canadians. Cummings went solo as a singer for a while. Bachman left to create BTO (Bachman Turner Overdrive) and recorded “Looking Out For Number One”, one of my all-time favorites. Mellow rock, where have you gone? (I thought it would never fade.)
    So I was looking up the guess who on Spotify after this thread and was shocked they apparently had album releases in 2014 and 2015