Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: First Ravens Game?

October 1998 vs. TENNESSEE OILERS at PSINet. Ravens lost 12-8.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Shore_Fan View Post
    Glad you enjoyed yourself. I still say the kick was good lol
    Hahaha it must have been reviewed

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Shore_Fan View Post
    How old were you when you attended your first Ravens game? Who was the opponent and score?

Ironically my first Ravens game was against the Steelers. It was the game Tommy Maddox got hurt and Big Ben made his debut sadly but it was a blowout and very enjoyable! 30-13
    My first live game was Tim Couch waving to the crowd after a Ravens loss to the Browns. I knew that day I loved the Ravens and the city and the fanbase. Became a season ticket holder the next year in 2003. Still am. I was so impressed by the gameday experience and the hard-nosed football.

Blog Entries

1997 Ravens vs. Jets at the old Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands. The rain was so bad the stadium started flooding. Everyone ran for the corridors but we stayed out there in that monsoon. Finally the weather breaks and the Ravens score late in the 4th leading to overtime! I remember Parcells who coached the Jets not moving at all. He just stood there in that weather and coached. The Ravens finally fell to a shortish field goal. Parcells said he was so impressed with Vinny Testaverde that game that he made sure to sign him in free agency after the season. Vinny threw for almost 300 and Bam Morris ran for 130 but they just couldn't get it in the endzone with that weather. The Jets could barely move the ball but kicked a bunch of field goals and won 19-16.

Maybe it was the rain and the ordeal we went through to watch it but it was one of the best games I ever saw live. Just awesome!

Blog Entries

1997 vs Seattle I was 16. Jermaine Lewis had a heck of a game, he had 2 punt returns for TD (might have been a 3rd called back on penalty, if memory is correct) and another receiving TD. I just looked up the stats and Matt Stover missed 2 XPs in that game

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalRaven View Post
    Im from Mexico and love the Ravens, in 2018 i was on vacation in NYC so taking a bus to the bank was a must. Attended to the game vs Saints; even though Ravens lost i had a heck of a time, enjoyed Ravens walk, i found shake shack at the bank ; beer couldnt be left out, a lot of friendly people, i even chatted with a cheerleader (but my girlfriend was also there ). It was a tough and exciting game, i remember the first LJ career TD (rushing) and a last minute TD Pass from Flacco to tie the game, i was getting ready for Overtime and looking for more beer when i saw in the screens the unthinkable: Tucker missing the extra point
    Mexico! Love hearing about fans in other countries. Welcome to the flock :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Very first game in 96 vs the Raiders and I was a month shy of 12. I really didn't care or have an interest in football, though was a big O's fan. My dad taught me the rules and even though it took me a while to grasp them, I had fun!

I remember the parking being terrible with how they crammed everyone in!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

First in person game was the wild card game against Indy because my wife and I had just started following the NFL and wanted to go to Ray's last home game.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

12/10/2000. A cold rainy day game vs. the Chargers. 24-3 win to clinch first Ravens playoff game in their history. I was 29. I had moved to Baltimore in 1997.
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 01-21-2021 at 03:01 PM.

1998,new stadium vs Colts, 40 years old.
    Jim Harbaugh quarterback, down 17 to 3 after one quarter, won 38 to 31

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    1996 First game. Ravens vs Raiders at the old Memorial Stadium. Vinnie Testeverde ran in the Ravens first TD. I still have the game day program. It costs $4.

Ravens 19
    Raiders 14
    Same. Still have the ticket stub too. I'm going to pass on the age thing though lol
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

12. Re: First Ravens Game?

It was Nov 3, 1996 against the Cincinnati Bengals at Memorial Stadium. I was 16 and I still remember it well. My first NFL game ever. I had been to Camden Yards a few times, but I had never seen a game at Memorial Stadium. Coming from a "modern" stadium experience like OPACY, it struck me how old, dark & cramped the concourses felt. The one thing it had though that Camden Yards didn't, was a sense of History and Grandeur. Walking in, you could feel the ghosts of the legendary games played there and all those great athletes. The atmosphere was night & day compared to Orioles games I had attended. The cussing was non-stop. Fans were drunk off their asses. I actually heard Baltimore accents in the crowd, something I never heard in the 4 or so Orioles games I had attended at Camden Yards. There was also random fans from other NFL teams & it made 0 sense for them to be there. It was a legit group of Jets fans in a nearby section, like wtf The Esskay hotdog I had was hot, fresh & tasted good AF! Lol. I'll never forget how loud it seemed to me, it was deafening. I sat on the bleachers about 15 rows above the field, 25-30yard line towards the open endzone. All of the fans around me stomped on the bleachers when the Ravens were on defense and it created such a racket. I couldn't even tell how loud I was cheering because the noise I was making just blended into the general den of noise in the stadium. It took 2 days for me to get my voice back. Viewing angles were TERRIBLE! Even though I was 15 rows above field level, it was still hard to see the field clearly above the players heads. The damn NBC camera man on his podium was also constantly blocking our views. The Ravens lost 21 to 24. In those days they would jump out to big leads, but the defense couldn't get off the field to save their life. I froze my ass off. The forecast was for temps in the 40's & sunny, but in the stadium I was in the shade, and it felt 20 degrees colder. I was shivering. Not being from Baltimore, we parked on Gorsuch ave because they only had 5,000 parking spaces for 62,000 fans. The cops directing traffic after the game acted like they had never heard of that street in their lives, fans too. They were totally useless. So It took 30 minutes of me & my mom wandering around Waverly lost and cold before we found our car to go home. Took about an hour and a half to make it back to Hyattsville, Md. M&T is way better located for us that travel up from the D.C area. There's also not the 6,000 obstructed seats Memorial Stadium had. It was a fun experience.
    Last edited by Ravens Renegade; 01-21-2021 at 10:07 PM.