Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just want to say thanks

It's been a pretty tough year for most, and I hope that those of you on here that share that feeling are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I just wanted to say thanks to this entire board. The convos, the disagreements, the shade, jokes, and speculation have really been a joy and a help in some lonely and tough times. This board gave me something to do. Read and think about. Distract. I'm truly appreciative to all of ya, and hope you're all well. RSR Forum rules. Can't wait for next season.

Re: Just want to say thanks

Good thread! Gotta have fun on here and in life in general which is why I try to make yall laugh even at my expense.

Rev. Jesse Jackson said it best:

“Keep hope alive!”

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Just want to say thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    It's been a pretty tough year for most, and I hope that those of you on here that share that feeling are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I just wanted to say thanks to this entire board. The convos, the disagreements, the shade, jokes, and speculation have really been a joy and a help in some lonely and tough times. This board gave me something to do. Read and think about. Distract. I'm truly appreciative to all of ya, and hope you're all well. RSR Forum rules. Can't wait for next season.
    RITW, your post reflects what many feel, but you've put it all into one post. Thanks for that!
    Take heart, warm weather is arriving soon, things WILL get better, and you'll be too busy to worry when the Ravens start to play their games. Then, like the rest of us, you will have something else to worry about (LOL)... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Appreciate you and your thoughts which I'm sure are shared by many. Thanks for putting them out there.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

I agree this is by far the best platforms I post on (and for everything not just sports).... there are so many Facebook groups and different forums/communities on the Web that are so toxic these days, yet this forum has remained the same since the day I joined and many of the same posters are still here posting.

It is important that we disagree on how the team and franchise should be built and operate otherwise it would be a very boring forum. This forum and the past football season has been part of what's got me through the past 12 months living in tyranny here in the UK. Respect to all the posters here (even the WR cult !)

Blog Entries

Well said Leachisabeast. I love all the differing opinions. The Ravens went from a very conventional play-action offense where the greatest success came from deep passes and plays to the most unconventional running offense in NFL history. If we all agreed on how to build something like that then we’d be wrong. I don’t even think the coach can agree on how to build this team.

This forum gives fans a ton to think about and has been a great education. Go check out a Browns forum or a Cowboys forum and its the complete opposite. It’s always about how things have changed and this is their year every offseason and then complete meltdowns and endless late for the team and other fans in the regular season. The creativity the posters show is in finding new ways to insult each other. There is very little football at that point. I’ve actually found the fantasy football communities to be more civil and knowledgeable in recent years than most team boards. Those guys only talk about offense and they’re still more insightful.

It’s great that this board has kept with initial concept of talking Ravens football and has only gotten better over the years. I’m looking forward to another decade of great Ravens talk with you guys.

This board definitely gives me a little bit of an escape during the working day. I was missing it a lot when some firewall prevented me from logging in and posting for nearly 3 months.
    As with any board or forum there are always a few hackers but compared to most forums I've seen out there this is by far the most knowledgeable and rational board on here sprinkled in with a few crazy takes. I'll take that any day of the week. The knowledge of the board really speaks out during draft talk. Absolutely awesome.

I won't lie. I've stolen some of the lingo and knowledge on here and passed it along to a few WhatsApp groups I'm part of. They all think I'm a genius. Shhhhhhh...let me just enjoy before they call me out.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

It has indeed been a tough year for all of us, some more than most. I usually take a break between the end of the season and late March(unless we've won the SB) just to decompress and let the more extreme posters among us have their usual run of outlandish posts on the board. Even with that, it's almost always a nice distraction to come on here and see some familiar names spouting off some familiar craziness and insight. Checking in on the board helps me to break up my workday a bit and provides my brain some respite at night. Sometimes after I have engaged in some heated back and forth on here, I don't even realize a few hours have passed and I have briefly forgotten about all the real-life bullshit we are all dealing with. That, and the fact that most of the posters on here genuinely seem like really cool folks, makes it a great board. Good post RITW. I wish all of us and our families the best in the coming weeks and months.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Good thread! Gotta have fun on here and in life in general which is why I try to make yall laugh even at my expense.
    Can we get a gif about that, ya know for a closer look I mean? You can even start a thread about it....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Can we get a gif about that, ya know for a closer look I mean? You can even start a thread about it....
    Well nothing I say is ever proven but it is open for interpretation. ;)

Great post. I love going through the season with this board. So many knowledgeable folks and hilarious comments and its a great reprieve from the day to day. I tend to get most of my sports news right here. Although I wish I could stay off of the gameday threads just because sometimes I lose my mind on game day lol. But in the past 4 years or so I've been posting here it has been enjoyable. I recently gave up all social media but I wont give up this board. Cheers to everyone here!