Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2021 Ravens Draft Discussion Board

I like Terrace Marshall, Rashod Bateman, or Kardarius Toney with the 1st rounder.

If none of those guys are there trade down into the 2nd and take the best player of of Joseph Assai, Carlos Basham Jr., Alex Leatherwood, or Wyatt Davis if any of them are there depending on where we pick.

Then take the best WR at the 2nd 2nd rounder whether that be Rondale Moore, Marquez Stevenson, Amon-Ra St. Brown, or another guy the Ravens like. If none are there repeat the trade down.

A few guys I'd be fine with taking at 27 (within a degree of reason) that aren't WR are Christian Barmore, Zaven Collins, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Kyle Pitts, and Rashawn Slater, but I expect all those guys to be gone by our pick.

A wildcard in the 2nd would be one of the top safeties in Paris Ford or Andrew Cisco if either make it to our pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    looking at bigger body WRs that can stretch the field and are physical, and that we have a reasonable chance to draft.

Sage Surratt is one I posted in the seniorbowl thread

His highlight reel you obviously love his size and catching but he did not get much separation and not much of a route tree. All I saw was a go route where he beats the defender on size alone and a crossing route.

He is appealing but doesn't look much different than Boykin.

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    I like Terrace Marshall, Rashod Bateman, or Kardarius Toney with the 1st rounder.

If none of those guys are there trade down into the 2nd and take the best player of of Joseph Assai, Carlos Basham Jr., Alex Leatherwood, or Wyatt Davis if any of them are there depending on where we pick.

Then take the best WR at the 2nd 2nd rounder whether that be Rondale Moore, Marquez Stevenson, Amon-Ra St. Brown, or another guy the Ravens like. If none are there repeat the trade down.

A few guys I'd be fine with taking at 27 (within a degree of reason) that aren't WR are Christian Barmore, Zaven Collins, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Kyle Pitts, and Rashawn Slater, but I expect all those guys to be gone by our pick.

A wildcard in the 2nd would be one of the top safeties in Paris Ford or Andrew Cisco if either make it to our pick.
    you think roman will know how to use Rondale Moore?

Blog Entries

2021 Ravens Draft Discussion Board

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    No difference makers will be available at 28. It’s a waste of a pick unless they’re getting Smith, Waddle Chase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t know why we think this way. The problem isn’t that talented WRs won’t be available in the late first round, the problem is the Ravens inability to identify and develop those players. They are good at developing players at almost every other position other than WR.

We are talking about the Ravens signing the following #1 WRs:

Allen Robinson- 2nd round pick
    Kenny Golladay- 3rd round pick

These guys weren’t first round picks.

Last edited by Dirt1; 01-20-2021 at 09:44 PM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Not to mention Chris Godwin, Juju Smith Schuster, Jarvis Landry, Anotinio Brown, AJ brown, DK Metcalf, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallop, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, etc. Etc. All drafted after the 1st

Kadarius Toney is too small for what we need, except if you team him with Hollywood and maybe Duvernay our enire offense could become as potent as our ground game.

We definitely need to bolster the OL, WR's, and maybe get another TE for the offense. For the defense it's just edge and safety, maybe a nickel CB since Young can't stay healthy.

I've been doing lots of mocks on TDN's mock draft machine. Its plausible to trade out of the 1st and get extra capital.

I would prefer a mock done by TDN just the other day:

Rd 1: Wyatt Davis OG Ohio St.
    Rd 2: Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma
    Rd 4: Patrick Johnson, Edge Tulane
    Rd 5: Austin Watkins, WR UAB
    Rd 6: Matt Bushman, TE BYU
    Rd 6: Mustafa Johnson, DT Colorado

I don't know much about most of these picks, but getting Davis and Humphrey in the first 2 rounds would be a homerun. It's also plausible. Everyone on this board has been loving and hyping up Creed. He's a good player, but he didn't have a great year individually this year and he's cemented himself as a nd rounder at best. I could see him being available there in the 2nd. Davis has also fallen outside of the top 15 because of Ohio States weird year and his championship game injury. I think this is realistic! And it's awesome! I would like to see better later round picks, but I only say that because I don't know the rest of these prospects.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    Not to mention Chris Godwin, Juju Smith Schuster, Jarvis Landry, Anotinio Brown, AJ brown, DK Metcalf, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallop, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, etc. Etc. All drafted after the 1st
    The Ravens have been in Baltimore for 24 seasons. The closest they have come to developing a WR was Torrey Smith. You would think that they would have stumbled onto one great WR in that time just out of dumb luck. They have always sucked at developing an effective passing attack.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    We definitely need to bolster the OL, WR's, and maybe get another TE for the offense. For the defense it's just edge and safety, maybe a nickel CB since Young can't stay healthy.

I've been doing lots of mocks on TDN's mock draft machine. Its plausible to trade out of the 1st and get extra capital.

I would prefer a mock done by TDN just the other day:

Rd 1: Wyatt Davis OG Ohio St.
    Rd 2: Creed Humphrey OC Oklahoma
    Rd 4: Patrick Johnson, Edge Tulane
    Rd 5: Austin Watkins, WR UAB
    Rd 6: Matt Bushman, TE BYU
    Rd 6: Mustafa Johnson, DT Colorado

I don't know much about most of these picks, but getting Davis and Humphrey in the first 2 rounds would be a homerun. It's also plausible. Everyone on this board has been loving and hyping up Creed. He's a good player, but he didn't have a great year individually this year and he's cemented himself as a nd rounder at best. I could see him being available there in the 2nd. Davis has also fallen outside of the top 15 because of Ohio States weird year and his championship game injury. I think this is realistic! And it's awesome! I would like to see better later round picks, but I only say that because I don't know the rest of these prospects.
    Don’t know about the rest but those first two picks for sure. Fixing the line should help mechanics (less running for your life) and then if they’re lucky enough to get Allen or golladay and improve route combinations and have better plans to get after specific things in the passing game suddenly that’s a dramatic difference.
    Just win baby...

Before really taking a look at what film is available for this draft class, this is my general feeling:

Rd 1 - get a big buy. First priority is OL, it's a great spot to draft OL especially IOL. Barring that, DL/EDGE.

Rd 2 - would strongly consider trading down here for two 3rds, similar to what EDC did in 2019. OL is deep so Ravens can draft from positional scarcity (read: DL) and let a guy fall to them.

Rd 3 - looking again at IOL, where someone may easily fall to a value position. Need another young DL. Would explore other positions of need, namely WR, TE and S.

Day 3 - by this point you just want the team to get guys that can play. They've got a great history in Rds 4-6 so I'm not worried.

I'm addressing two spots in free agency: WR and EDGE.
    - WR from outside the organization, and perhaps bringing back Willie Snead.
    - EDGE resigning at least two of their five free agents (Judon, Bowser, Ngakoue, McPhee, Ward), preferably three.

Blog Entries

Sign Corey Lindsley and draft Wyatt Davis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missingweblink View Post
    I have a feeling Waddle may slide a little because of the injury. I think he’s a top 15 pick, but I wouldn’t be totally shocked if he was there at 28. Would love to have him.
    He won’t be but you can dream.