Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2021 Ravens Draft Discussion Board

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Yeah, but Gee Wilikers, my dog could make a better pick blindfolded. Did he mean UNC WR Dyami Brown maybe? That would be a reach still, but not a reach around the planet to draft Deonte.

PFF has Brown ranked literally 100 spots lower. Tannenbaum has the Ravens drafting him 100 freaking spots higher than PFF's ranking.

The consensus ranking on Deonte Brown is 104. Coincidently, pick one 104 is the Ravens third round comp pick, and I'd be okay taking him there maybe.

The highest rank given by anyone not named after a Christmas tree coming in at 49. And yet Tannenbaum has the Ravens taking him at 27.

You're right. No wonder the Jets suck.
    Shas, first off I hear your dog is pretty smart

PFF is right, I was going to Draft him for the Packers (I had 2nd round pick #62), but thought that was too high. Maybe perhaps in the 3rd (pick #92)?

The Jets continue the trend. Look at how much draft capital they spent to move up to take Sam Darnold just two years ago. Now he's been discarded for less, and will undoubtedly select another QB in 2021. SMH... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Aaron Crawford was an UDFA last year who will probably contribute.
    He may need to. If people haven't figured out by now, I have been ice cold on Washington since he was drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    He may need to. If people haven't figured out by now, I have been ice cold on Washington since he was drafted.
    Everyone was baffled by that pick. It looks like a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Everyone was baffled by that pick. It looks like a miss.
    That’s not what I recall at all, at least besides people pissed off that we drafted literally any IDL with Bradlee Anae on the board. Iirc he was generally regarded as good value at that spot. If he’s a miss it’s because he dumbass-ed his way out of the NFL, not because he was a teacher at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    That’s not what I recall at all, at least besides people pissed off that we drafted literally any IDL with Bradlee Anae on the board. Iirc he was generally regarded as good value at that spot. If he’s a miss it’s because he dumbass-ed his way out of the NFL, not because he was a teacher at the time.
    No he was not good value, he was headed for UDFA land. Not that there's much difference between a 5th round pick and an UDFA.

Perhaps you recalled board members that talked themselves into it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    No he was not good value, he was headed for UDFA land. Not that there's much difference between a 5th round pick and an UDFA.

Perhaps you recalled board members that talked themselves into it.
    That's what I remember. A lot of rationalizing that he must have some qualities everyone had missed but EDC had spotted. He was #342 on the Consensus Big Board before the draft.

Blog Entries

I am more excited about this round than any other round so far with the value left on the board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I am more excited about this round than any other round so far with the value left on the board.
    I meant to post this in the rsr mock draft discussion thread, oops

I meant to post this in the rsr mock draft discussion thread, oops
    haha

Well you're right, in fact in the real draft I know EDC is going to attempt to trade down to get that extra 3rd. Whether he does, we won't know until it happens.

10. Re: 2021 Ravens Draft Discussion Board

18 days out and here is my board for pick #27
    Guys I would turn the card in for at 27:

Kwity Paye
    Azeez Ojulari
    Christian Barmore
    Christian Darrisaw
    Tevin Jenkins
    Zaven Collins
    Trevon Moehrig

Guys I might want to trade back just a little (with the Bucs or Chiefs or even Jacksonville if they would want to come up) to gain some capital and see how the board shakes out.

Rashod Bateman
    Terrace Marshall Jr
    Jaelan Phillips
    Landon Dickerson
    Caleb Farley

This is my Ravens 1st round board. You just start crossing them off as the first round moves and if they are taken. Even though Phillips is my #1 Pass Rusher, I have him in that second category because I'm taking the medicals more seriously. As you see I have three guys in that spot that are all going to come down to their medical evals. I think all three are easily 1st round grade players, but I'm a little cautious.

On Zaven Collins. Yes, I think when people talk about him as a pass rusher it is all projection. And yes, initially when we re-signed Bowser I did not see why we would have interest in Collins. However, in the Ravens defense, I'm not sure Collins is necessarily going to be required to win 1 v 1s like a typical edge rusher is required to do. At least I probably wouldn't use him that way initially. With the way we blitz and try to get free runners I like the flexibility Collins would give Wink in this defense. We can go Even and Odd fronts with our personnel (although we already do this some). I just think Collins would bring a lot to the table coverage wise and he's just a jack knife that's always around the ball and making plays.

Do I think any of the guys in my turn it in at 27 will be there?

I think, just playing out the scenarios with what I think other teams will do that at least three of them have a good shot of being there at 27. This is where I am today.

Blog Entries

If Phillips is on the board at 27 no way am I trading back. I think the guy will be long gone before that.

If Phillips is on the board at 27 no way am I trading back. I think the guy will be long gone before that.
    Will be interesting to see where he goes in real life. I'm a pass on him at 27.
    "That's what."
    — She