Page 1 of 24 123 ... LastLast

2021 Ravens Draft Discussion Board

Alright Ravens Flock!

The seasons over.
    Off-season / Draft season is here.

Let’s talk NFL Draft!

Throw out your opinions on draft needs, prospects, ideal fits here. Let’s get hype!

Re: 2021 Ravens Draft Discussion Board

I’m not really feeling any of these mocked-to-late 1st round WRs. Bateman seems like a good one, but seems like his draft hype is only rising.

If the 2020 draft taught us anything, it’s that early 2nd round is the sweet spot. Sucks for us.

With that said, I’ve been trying to find names that could be there in the late 2nd.

Sage Surratt is a name we should keep an eye on. Prediction is late 2nd-Early 3rd. He opted out of the 2020 season, so maybe that hurts his stock a little bit. He does play a little stiff, but that’s why he’s a early 3rd.

He’s a big-bodied WR (6’3) X-type receiver.

https://primetimesportstalk.com/2020...e-surratt/amp/

3. Re: 2021 Ravens Draft Discussion Board

Could we trade back into the early 2nd round? Maybe even pick up another 2nd somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Shore_Fan View Post
    Could we trade back into the early 2nd round? Maybe even pick up another 2nd somehow
    Trading back into the early 2nd seems like the most ideal. Especially since we don’t have our 3rd round pick anymore (yannick trade).

Hard to predict a trade back though. Takes 2 to tango. Hopefully a QB prospect falls and forces a team to want to move up. Maybe a Trey Lance or Mac Jones

Blog Entries

looking at bigger body WRs that can stretch the field and are physical, and that we have a reasonable chance to draft.

Sage Surratt is one I posted in the seniorbowl thread

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Nico Collins

Blog Entries

Really like Trevon Grimes

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Really like Trevon Grimes

I don't at all trust the Ravens to draft a WR, lol. I'd rather they get the best available EDGE or iOL, then buy the WR in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I don't at all trust the Ravens to draft a WR, lol. I'd rather they get the best available EDGE or iOL, then buy the WR in free agency.
    It’s kind of a double-edge sword.

No young, in his prime, WR will want to come to this heavy run first offense. So either we gotta overpay for one or settle for a 30+ year old WR who’s just looking for one more big contract and not worried about his stats.

Best bet is to draft a young stud WR to grow with Lamar. But we suck so bad at drafting WRs.. it’ll probably blow up in our faces. Lol.

I think interior line is our biggest need. I’m hoping that we somehow bring in a Center and Guard this off-season to protect Lamar. With that being said, I really like Creed Humphrey, Landon Dickerson and Trey Williams. I think as long as we get one with our 1st or 2nd rounders, it will help Lamar a lot to grow along with him.

I’m also a huge fan of the idea of trading back into the beginning of the 2nd and picking up a 3rd to have a full cabinet of picks. Thanks for listening,

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    It’s kind of a double-edge sword.

No young, in his prime, WR will want to come to this heavy run first offense. So either we gotta overpay for one or settle for a 30+ year old WR who’s just looking for one more big contract and not worried about his stats.

Best bet is to draft a young stud WR to grow with Lamar. But we suck so bad at drafting WRs.. it’ll probably blow up in our faces. Lol.
    No difference makers will be available at 28. It’s a waste of a pick unless they’re getting Smith, Waddle Chase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    No difference makers will be available at 28. It’s a waste of a pick unless they’re getting Smith, Waddle Chase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a feeling Waddle may slide a little because of the injury. I think he’s a top 15 pick, but I wouldn’t be totally shocked if he was there at 28. Would love to have him.