Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Paying a receiver top money might not be a great idea

YACs are very dependent on getting the ball thrown on time and accurately , so as not to have to break stride, things Lamar has struggled with all year

No reciever is going to come out and complain about Lamar, why do you think they are 70/30 run pass, they tried to be more balanced and failed miserably. Had to go back to a run heavy offense just to make the playoffs. You think Hollywood and Miles are happy running down the field open and Lamar cant get it to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    What receiver is unhappy playing with Lamar? I must've missed that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    No reciever is going to come out and complain about Lamar, why do you think they are 70/30 run pass, they tried to be more balanced and failed miserably. Had to go back to a run heavy offense just to make the playoffs. You think Hollywood and Miles are happy running down the field open and Lamar cant get it to them?
    Pretty much why I don’t see a top WR agreeing to play here for an offer close to what he can get elsewhere. First, there are limited opportunities (the 30%) and then you have to split with Brown and Andrews. And if that’s not bad enough you have to block which most receivers don’t care to do and even if they don’t mind do they really want to do it 70% of the time.

IF the Ravens signed a bid $ #1 wr it would show that ED is more concerned with passing stats than winning. Ravens have a ton of holes that are more important than using majority of your cap space on a wr. Ravens have a need for a C, RG and LG. It doesn't matter if you have the best WR in the world if the interior oline is a sieve the QB is not going to have time to get the ball to him.

The Ravens also do not have any starting quality OLB signed for next year. Ravens going to go into the season with Ferguson and a couple of draft picks at OLB?

If the Ravens want to upgrade the WR position outside of the draft they are going to have make a trade. They could trade for Julio Jones and extend his contract a couple of years and take large portion of his 11m base this year and convert it to a signing bonus.

The only way for the Ravens to have any success next year they really need to focus on Oline and OLB first. This team's only shot of success the next two years is to go all in on running the ball and defense. The reason why they lost this year was a terrible interior Oline and lack of execution. It wasn't because they did not have DeAndre Hopkins who by the way was at home during the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    IF the Ravens signed a bid $ #1 wr it would show that ED is more concerned with passing stats than winning. .
    Careful with that kind of talk around here, the pitchforks are coming...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only way for the Ravens to have any success next year they really need to focus on Oline and OLB first. This team's only shot of success the next two years is to go all in on running the ball and defense. The reason why they lost this year was a terrible interior Oline and lack of execution. It wasn't because they did not have DeAndre Hopkins who by the way was at home during the playoffs.
    That's too one sided for me. They NEED upgrades at both IOL and WR this off season.

Those O Lineman they draft will need to be really good if they're going to win their blocks at the LoS and then get downfield to block all the linebackers, safeties and even corners filling in the gaps that we're going to see every play without an improved passing game to back them off.

If they intend to quadruple down on the single wing offense there's absolutely no reason to spend anything significant on another WR. Boykin is a great blocker at WR, and Hollywood being on the field always threatens the jet sweep, so they're good the way they are.

I wish I was kidding but I'm not. I'd just go best OL available early, they can get another big-bodied WR who run blocks well in the mid or late rounds.

Blog Entries

IF the Ravens signed a bid $ #1 wr it would show that ED is more concerned with passing stats than winning. Ravens have a ton of holes that are more important than using majority of your cap space on a wr. Ravens have a need for a C, RG and LG. It doesn't matter if you have the best WR in the world if the interior oline is a sieve the QB is not going to have time to get the ball to him.

The Ravens also do not have any starting quality OLB signed for next year. Ravens going to go into the season with Ferguson and a couple of draft picks at OLB?

If the Ravens want to upgrade the WR position outside of the draft they are going to have make a trade. They could trade for Julio Jones and extend his contract a couple of years and take large portion of his 11m base this year and convert it to a signing bonus.

They do not have need for a LG C AND RG give me a break. Bozeman and Powers are good starting options and theres a lot of good depth. They’re clearly in need of a upper end Center and I fully believe that will be a priority in this draft. Also a depth tackle

Why pay top money in an offense that the wr only runs 2 routes

IF the Ravens signed a bid $ #1 wr it would show that ED is more concerned with passing stats than winning.
    They're getting back an All-Pro LT and have a 1st and 2nd round pick to take a plug-and-play iOL

OLB is what it is. They're going to have to look for value FA's and the draft. Judon/Yannick COMBINED for 9 sacks... they invested all that tag money in Judon and a 3rd into Yannick for no production. Re-sign Bowser and let your "Young guys step up" like they've done at WR every year since 2013. How about the defenses' "young guys step up" this year, lets stop only making that a slogan reserved for the WR situation.

I'd rather lose with a WR1 in the playoffs than watch this shit happen for a 4th straight year:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    3 if you count jet sweeps

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Yup, let's just sign Kendrick Bourne and run zone read & power bash into a brick wall in the playoffs for the 4th straight year

Or.... hear me out. Evolve the offense and incorporate modern passing concepts with talented WR's/TE's