Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl

Re: Seniorbowl

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    IMO, that is the biggest reason why the Bills have done so well this year - their OL was light's out. Did you guys notice their OL's PFF ranks? Jon Feliciano was ranked as the #1 RG or something in 2021. Darryl Williams was ranked as a Top-10 RT. Dion Dawkins was a Top-rated LT. Their whole OL had a great year.
    Fahey pointed that out too. Josh Allen doesn't play well when pressured, but his OL is so good he's never pressured.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    He said his receivers run all the routes.

That is not being vague, that is being blind to reality.
    Is it? What routes do you know of that the Ravens don't have in their playbook, or that their WRs don't run?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    The 32nd ranked passing offense is not sufficient to be a playoff contender.
    This year, the #4 and #5 -ranked passing offenses belonged to two 4-win teams, Houston and Atlanta. They were both middle-of-the-pack in scoring (16th and 18th).

Last year's Ravens offense that led the league in scoring was the 27th-ranked "passing offense".

Total Yards is a stupid, irrelevant and uninformative measurement.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    One thing that jumps out at you immediately is fluid athleticism for a bigger WR.
    Lot of contested catches on that highlight reel.

What's our take on contested catches for a college WR? Are they a good sign, indicating "catch strength" and scrappiness and authority at the catch point? Or are they a bad sign, indicating a player who can't separate?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Here is where Greg Roman ranks in passing attempts as an OC:

2011 SFO 31st
    2012 SFO 31st
    2013 SFO 32nd
    2014 SFO 29th
    2015 BUF 31st
    2016 BUF 32nd
    2019 BAL 32nd
    2020 BAL 32nd

This isn't about offensive lines or even being great at rushing. It's Greg Roman's philosophy.
    Let's add another column to that table:

Year Team Pass Attempts Points
    2011 SFO 31st 11th
    2012 SFO 31st 11th
    2013 SFO 32nd 11th
    2014 SFO 29th 25th
    2015 BUF 31st 12th
    2016 BUF (only 2 gms) (only 2 gms)
    2019 BAL 32nd 1st
    2020 BAL 32nd 7th

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I read here somewhere, no idea who to quote
    “Lamar is his own check down”
    JTO said that in a couple QB School vids last year. I think I quoted it in a thread.

Blog Entries

tried to rename the thread Bitch about the Offense. would really like to discuss the guys at the senior bowl but I digress

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    maybe start another thread? this one keeps getting trashed with offense complaints like most others
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Can’t have anything nice can we RWT? Lol. Usually this thread is great during the off-season. It’s when we get to hear from our great NCAA handicappers like GWNR and BPR.
    Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think it'll settle down soon.
    would really like to discuss the guys at the senior bowl but I digress
    I'm with QTR. Give it a page or so. It'll settle down.

I'll try not to do any more damage myself.

One player that I’ll have a red dot beside for the @seniorbowl
    is #OklahomaSt WR Tylan Wallace. He was required to do a lot in that offense (playing on the right side only, outside releases, etc.).

How will he handle the freedom away from that system? Excited to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Is it? What routes do you know of that the Ravens don't have in their playbook, or that their WRs don't run?

This year, the #4 and #5 -ranked passing offenses belonged to two 4-win teams, Houston and Atlanta. They were both middle-of-the-pack in scoring (16th and 18th).

Last year's Ravens offense that led the league in scoring was the 27th-ranked "passing offense".

Total Yards is a stupid, irrelevant and uninformative measurement.
    Yup it’s all about playoff points

tried to rename the thread Bitch about the Offense. would really like to discuss the guys at the senior bowl but I digress
    People talk about what they think they know.

One thing I vaguely associate the Senior Bowl with is, well two things actually:

- The Ravens usually use one of their draft picks on a guy who plays in the game. Usually more than one. In fact I read somewhere that the Ravens have drafted more Senior Bowl players in the last several years than any other team.

- Also the East West Bowl is a game the ravens dip into. It isn't happening this year but the E-W folks did name the players they would have picked so it is interesting to at least scan this name.)

- Last year the Ravens met with 40 players at the Senior Bowl.

- Although the Senior Bowl has future 1st round picks they have more mid round guys.

Add them up and you get the following recent Senior Bowl players on the Ravens: Nick Boyle, Jaylon Ferguson, Trace McSorley, Iman Marshall, Ben Powers and Daylon Mack. (Note: this isn't a comprehensive list.)

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I read somewhere (story for bio source) is that he is a classic Z receiver and we got Hollywood for that role. I haven't seen Wallace enough to agree or disagree with that. Otherwise I like Wallace's game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    People talk about what they think they know.

One thing I vaguely associate the Senior Bowl with is, well two things actually:

- The Ravens usually use one of their draft picks on a guy who plays in the game. Usually more than one. In fact I read somewhere that the Ravens have drafted more Senior Bowl players in the last several years than any other team.

- Also the East West Bowl is a game the ravens dip into. It isn't happening this year but the E-W folks did name the players they would have picked so it is interesting to at least scan this name.)

- Last year the Ravens met with 40 players at the Senior Bowl.

- Although the Senior Bowl has future 1st round picks they have more mid round guys.

Add them up and you get the following recent Senior Bowl players on the Ravens: Nick Boyle, Jaylon Ferguson, Trace McSorley, Iman Marshall, Ben Powers and Daylon Mack. (Note: this isn't a comprehensive list.)
    that's a nice walk down memory lane. Sadly no combine or east/west shrine game this year so seniorbowl is about all we get.

mock:

Ravens Pre-Senior Bowl 7-Round 2021 NFL Mock Draft

• Round 1, Pick 27: Creed Humphrey, OC, Oklahoma
    • Round 2, Pick 58: Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC
    • Round 4, Pick 123: Victor Dimukeje, EDGE, Duke
    • Round 5, Pick 153: Landon Young, OT, Kentucky
    • Round 6, Pick 186: Paris Ford, S, Pitt

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!