Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl

Re: Senior Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Nope. Back to Clemson for next season to (hopefully) get healthy and up his draft stock.
    Hope you're doing well Miz! Always look forward ot your draft posts my guy.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Nope. Back to Clemson for next season to (hopefully) get healthy and up his draft stock.
    Word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Another consideration is if you wanted to do this 4-3 approach you could also cut Brandon Williams and save 7.5M to go into the Marvin Jones fund (;))

Add Basham in R1, trade up for Creed Humphrey in R2.

Hot diggity dog what an approach!
    There will be talk about cutting BWill in this forum up until the day he retires as a Raven, lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    There will be talk about cutting BWill in this forum up until the day he retires as a Raven, lol.
    He's expensive. May be worth asking him to take a pay cut or test FA.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Extension is more likely, imo. He's not that old and is still integral to the effectiveness of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Extension is more likely, imo. He's not that old and is still integral to the effectiveness of the defense.
    What he said. The one guy that exposes the Ravens run defense when he's out, you just know the Ravens aren't cutting him, with their almost pathological fear of being run over.

No replacement for him in the roster either.

I think the lack of replacement is the real thing. Justin Ellis sucks.

The big thing is if they cut him, they'd have to either A) replace his skillset in the draft (not necessarily the hardest thing ever) or B) amend the scheme, which is easy on paper, but not necessarily easy in practice.

That said, an extension could make sense. An extension for Boyle could also clear up some cap space, but I do expect people to suggest cutting him. I will not be one of them.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I think the lack of replacement is the real thing. Justin Ellis sucks.

The big thing is if they cut him, they'd have to either A) replace his skillset in the draft (not necessarily the hardest thing ever) or B) amend the scheme, which is easy on paper, but not necessarily easy in practice.

That said, an extension could make sense. An extension for Boyle could also clear up some cap space, but I do expect people to suggest cutting him. I will not be one of them.
    There are some legit lane-cloggers in this draft.

Tedarrel Slayton, Marvin Wilson, Jordan Davis, Tyler Shelvin, Khyris Tonga, etc.

There are some legit lane-cloggers in this draft.

Tedarrel Slayton, Marvin Wilson, Jordan Davis, Tyler Shelvin, Khyris Tonga, etc.
    How many of those are plug and play, specially when you consider how the Ravens value run defense?

The Ravens are losing quite a few players this offseason, I just can't see them adding to that by cutting BWill or Boyle to get some cap space and find yourself with a couple of positions to fill anyway.

I think they will re-structure a couple of contracts and bide their time and get some vet cuts in FA or through a trade. Nothing flashy.

Re: Seniorbowl

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I read somewhere (story for bio source) is that he is a classic Z receiver and we got Hollywood for that role. I haven't seen Wallace enough to agree or disagree with that. Otherwise I like Wallace's game.
    I think Wallace has good long speed, and is pretty good at the catch point, but he doesn't get much separation throughout his route, and I don't like that. He also isn't good at stacking or route development in general. I would pass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    How many of those are plug and play, specially when you consider how the Ravens value run defense?

The Ravens are losing quite a few players this offseason, I just can't see them adding to that by cutting BWill or Boyle to get some cap space and find yourself with a couple of positions to fill anyway.

I think they will re-structure a couple of contracts and bide their time and get some vet cuts in FA or through a trade. Nothing flashy.
    Wilson is considered a late-1st round prospect that may fall into round-2.

Slayton and Shelvin are highly thought of as well in terms of being a 2-down, run-stopper/lane clogger. These guys are built like Snacks Harrison...6'3"-6'4" 335-350lbs.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!