Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Allen Robinson for 15m a year or Curtis Samuel for 8m a year?

One of the general excuses has been that they shouldn’t pass more, because the personnel dictates that they run more. That excuse goes out of the window once you pair Robinson with Brown and Andrews.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I get what he's saying that 10 mil of space in absolute terms is not that much but the market is going to be severely depressed due to lack of cap space league wide - so they are still very well positioned relative to the rest of the league.

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/stat...768993794?s=20
    Relative to the rest of the league but won’t be able to compete for top end talent because there are still teams with astronomically more cap space than us. Jacksonville, Indy, New York, New England all have over $50 million in cap space. They can outbid us easily.

Also, with our passing offense, Cincy even comes into play because of just being a more attractive spot, (in terms of offensive passing ability and stats).

I still think we have enough to be able to take advantage of the crazy FA period and veterans being cut. But we don’t have the money to compete in the top end FA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Free agents this year have limited options:

1) Sign a big deal with a team that has shitloads of cap space. The problem is, most of those teams are pretty bad (Jacksonville, Jets, etc.)
    2) Sign a long term below-market deal, because of the limited league-wide cap space this year.
    3) Sign a reasonable one-year deal, and take another whack at FA next year when the dollars (presumably) will flow more freely.

Would ARob be up for option 3? Gives both parties a test drive. The only downside is that Baltimore is not a place for a WR who is going to go back into free agency to prove his worth.
    In general I think FAs will want a one year deal due to the cap likely going way up in 2022.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Agreed. Time to go all in. They can about being in cap space hell later. The window is now with Lamar on the final two years of his rookie deal and the defense playing at a high level.
    As has been pointed out by others in various threads about a quarter of the teams are either near the cap or way over. There are only 8 teams in the NFL with more cap space in 2021 than the Ravens. The only negative is that the Ravens only have 40 players under contract.

I'm with you. Now is the time to go for it and get the WR we need. Enough with the John Browns and Willie Sneads and Curtis Samuels. We've tried the value mid tier route and doesn't solve the problem. Pay up for Allen Robinson. There won't be a better time or better opportunity to get a true #1 WR while Lamar is still reasonably priced.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    I think there's a fair argument given in this thread for Robinson. I'll take it one further. Why not throw $$$ at Robinson or whomever the team thinks is the best market receiver, draft a receiver in round 1, and make Lamar play for a Mahomes sized contract without excuses. If he fails then the Ravens save money in the long term and have to look for a new QB in a couple years. If he succeeds there very well may be a Lombardi in Baltimore next year or 2.
    When Lamar Jackson won the MVP last year he guaranteed himself a second contract. Nothing short of a career ending injury will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    We need to stop fucking around and just pay Allen Robinson whatever he wants.
    ...so he can be used to block downfield 30 times per game.

The Ravens would buy a Ferrari and use it to tool around the parking lot.

They need a new scheme and coaching or it's a waste.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    When Lamar Jackson won the MVP last year he guaranteed himself a second contract. Nothing short of a career ending injury will change that.
    That's why I was specific as to a Mahomes sized contract or even a Watson sized one. If he can't play up to that MVP season over the next 2 seasons and he gets a 40m+ a year extension it could really hurt the team going forward.

8. Re: Allen Robinson for 15m a year or Curtis Samuel for 8m a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Robinson without a doubt. I feel like Samuel will flame out here and doesn't move the needle enough. He would be complementary but would be Snead ish
    I think Samuel will go to NE and flourish. Prefer Robinson for our situation and it’s not even close.

9. Re: Allen Robinson for 15m a year or Curtis Samuel for 8m a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I know we all really really want him, but we’re not getting A Rob. We won’t get Samuel either.
    Agreed, but it’s fun to play what if this time of year. I think we’re more likely to see Jones, Lazard, or Watkins.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    That's why I was specific as to a Mahomes sized contract or even a Watson sized one. If he can't play up to that MVP season over the next 2 seasons and he gets a 40m+ a year extension it could really hurt the team going forward.
    Mahomes is the only with a $40+ contract. Lamar isn't getting that without winning a Super Bowl he's smart enough to know it. He'll get something in the high $30s from the Ravens. It won't be some sort of Mahomes sized contract or he'll force his way out. They'll going to come to an agreement. It doesn't have to be record setting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    I don’t understand this logic at all. So because in your mind “you can’t win a super bowl” like this... which to me is not true. But winning a super bowl is hard period. Most QBs no matter how good they are never win one.

To qualify Denver had a trash offense and won. Giants had a trash Qb and offense and won 2. Ravens before that had a super trash offense and won.

Rams had a trash playoff offense and made it to the Super Bowl to score 3 points.

All of those offenses were worst than ours.

I think fans should really stop watching hot takes on ESPN and thinking that’s the reality of sports.

So you’d rather just not make the playoffs and at least compete for a chance to win? So just trade Lamar and have a bunch of losing seasons then you definitely have no shot at winning a Super Bowl.

This whole “super bowl or nothing” logic is so crazy to me and I really want to understand it.
    What? Of course winning a SB is not guaranteed, but every team aspires to that goal. The Ravens need to take active measures to improve their passing attack. Doing the same thing they have been doing but hoping for a better result is ridiculous. They are not going to get to and win a SB with the way this offense is currently constructed.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    We need to stop fucking around and just pay Allen Robinson whatever he wants.
    Besides, Robinson is a pretty damn good NAME to have on a Baltimore sports team. Put "ROBINSON III" on the back of his jersey right NOW!