Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Allen Robinson for 15m a year or Curtis Samuel for 8m a year?

Quote Originally Posted by ovechkin69 View Post
    Gonna be a tough sell getting a top notch WR to turn down 12 targets a game elsewhere to get 5 targets here. And as always I caution people about our supposed little cap space, we've seen time and again the Ravens release, trade and restructure to add 20-30 more

Consider the fact that Robinson has already gotten a big contract and has made some money, so maybe if he going to a contender, he will take a little less. Probably naive to think this matters, but I digress.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ovechkin69 View Post
    Gonna be a tough sell getting a top notch WR to turn down 12 targets a game elsewhere to get 5 targets here. And as always I caution people about our supposed little cap space, we've seen time and again the Ravens release, trade and restructure to add 20-30 more
    Considering Arob liked a tweet mentioning the Ravens should get him, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Considering Arob liked a tweet mentioning the Ravens should get him, I don't think so.
    He liked other tweets about Miami and one other team too. Wouldn't read much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by NomadicRaven View Post
    Robinson. But what happens if we acquire him and teams double team and /or bracket him successfully? In what way does the 2021 passing game succeed if that’s the defense?
    Then the run game would run wild. With Robinson in the lineup defenses would have to pick their poison. Get gashed in the run game or be singled up on Hollywood and Robinson and truly see if Lamar can beat teams with his arm.

Blog Entries

Would Allen Robinson want to sign with the Ravens? With the way this offense is designed, its can't be an appealing place for WRs

While I could see some guys thinking they won't get as many opportunities here you also have to remember and consider 1) this is a perennial playoff team for the most part. 2) the organization has a phenomenal reputation among players as a top place to play 3) from an ego standpoint I can imagine that the opportunity to improve the Ravens passing game is attractive

I know we all really really want him, but we’re not getting A Rob. We won’t get Samuel either.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Consider the fact that Robinson has already gotten a big contract and has made some money, so maybe if he going to a contender, he will take a little less. Probably naive to think this matters, but I digress.
    Its possible that he sees himself as the last piece to the puzzle. If he indeed got a contract he could be now looking for a chance at a ring and what better place to do it then in this offense?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Would Allen Robinson want to sign with the Ravens? With the way this offense is designed, its can't be an appealing place for WRs
    The Ravens would have to commit to any prospective WR that they were going to move to a more balanced offensive attack. Otherwise, no good WR would want to sign here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    He liked other tweets about Miami and one other team too. Wouldn't read much into it.
    Agreed. I'm just saying I don't think it'll be a problem if the $$ is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If defenses double team Robinson, it should open things up for Marquise, Andrews, and Duvernay. Right now, the Ravens don’t have anyone that opposing defenses have to game plan for in the passing game.

Probably right. Because I think the Ravens WILL make the adjustments in their passing offense this off season. In the Bills game, when Andrew’s drew double coverage, Lamar threw it anyway. Lamar wasn’t throwing what the defense gave him on occasion (I’m not saying it’s his fault, btw). But in 2021, with a new passing attack, Lamar will also be better at his reads, timing, audibles and hot routes, so it should all pan out. It will be like 2019 all over again! (Sans the 2019 playoffs)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Ravens would have to commit to any prospective WR that they were going to move to a more balanced offensive attack. Otherwise, no good WR would want to sign here.

This is true, however, if I were a big time WR, I’d want to see it first...telling me something, especially with the way this roster is built wouldn’t move me at all.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.