Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Must watch Lamar vs Bills analysis

We played without our 60 million dollar LT and our backup TE, who is probably more valuable than Mark Andrews who regressed in 2020
    We need a WR, TE and G/C.
    Your not supposed to win a superbowl when you lose a 60 million dollar player

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    We played without our 60 million dollar LT and our backup TE, who is probably more valuable than Mark Andrews who regressed in 2020
    We need a WR, TE and G/C.
    Your not supposed to win a superbowl when you lose a 60 million dollar player
    Not even g/c. After watching the snaps the past season we need c.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NomadicRaven View Post
    Regarding the simplicity and JV—If it’s really true then I wonder: Was it intentional, to make Lamar’s reads easier? Or was it just poor design? I guess we would have had to been in the coaches room last summer to know the answer.
    It was by design. It is based on Roman’s history. Both as the OC in San Francisco and Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It was by design. It is based on Roman’s history. Both as the OC in San Francisco and Buffalo.
    Then he inadvertently did Lamar a disservice by over-protecting him from his weaknesses. It’s going to be interesting to see what Harbs and Roman do next, and to watch the story unfold...

Must watch Lamar vs Bills analysis

Pre draft bump of this thread containing the illuminating JT O'Sullivan you tube dissection piece of our offense vs the Bills. Not to beat a dead horse or reopen wounds, but to remind us that the passing game deficiencies are not a receiver issue alone.

O’Sullivan’s piece is long . . . I encourage you to watch with the sound off. Not because O'Sullivan's comments aren't helpful, they are, but so that you're not influenced by them and can see with your eyes what's there to be seen. What I saw is all manner of failures . . . receivers not getting open, receivers failing to sit down in open spots in the zone when they do get open, the ball not being delivered when receivers are open, not making the easy plays that are there to be made in favor of much more difficult completion attempts, dropped passes, inaccurate throws, missed blocks and blocking assignments, poor route schemes, general inconsistencies and lack of precision, etc, etc, etc.

DeCosta and the Ravens impressed me last off season when they identified what they saw as a pressing problem, the run defense that let us down so badly in the playoff game against the Titans, and, with focused attention, went out and solved the problem.

They know! Their various public comments notwithstanding, the Ravens are too smart not to know that our passing game is holding us back. I expect the same focused problem solving this year. We've seen glimpses with the Zeitler signing and the two new offensive coaches with specific route-running and receiver responsibilities.

What will be interesting is to see just how they perceive our pass game deficiencies (Lamar, the line, the receivers, coaches . . . all of the above?) and what they do to fix them. This draft will tell us a lot.
    Last edited by ravensromp; 04-27-2021 at 07:52 AM.