2021 Futures Contracts

Figured we should take at least a cursory look at the players we know the Ravens are bringing back to camp for next season:

LB Aaron Adeoye - we talked about the former Birmingham Iron standout as potential depth this season, but next season the EDGE depth chart is much thinner. So much of this game is about opportunity and this summer is going to be crucial for Adeoye's career.

DT Aaron Crawford - there were a couple games this season where I thought Crawford would be a call up. He had one of the best run defense grades in the NCAA for UNC in 2019. I'm wondering if he can take Justin Ellis' spot on the active roster next season.

DT Braxton Hoyett - 24 year old from Mississippi St. Was on Kansas City's practice squad and was activated for one game before Baltimore took him. Don't know much about him yet. 6'2" 302.

QB Tyler Huntley - I believe the Ravens have their next Tyrod Taylor in Huntley. I like him more than Trace McSorley as a quarterback, and I would prefer they not carry three next season (put McSorley on IR).

WR Jaylon Moore - hung around the PS all season; not that high on his prospects to stick around. Ravens not only have holes in the WR room but they're pretty thin right now with inactive depth.

LS Nick Moore
    - will replace Morgan Cox if and when he retires. Hopefully he'll be close to as good as Cox was. We don't need more snapping issues.

DE Chauncey Rivers - activated and played 15 defensive snaps against Pittsburgh in the COVID game. Another Mississippi St guy, a big DE-DT type that would play in the Campbell/Ward role. Crawford, Hoyett and Rivers may all be counted on in some capacity as young defensive linemen, as Madubuike is the only young DL with a resume of any significance at this point.

DB Nigel Warrior - your guess is as good as mine as to why Warrior never played at any point this season. Profiles similarly to Geno Stone as a productive leader in college (All-SEC) with some athletic limitations for the NFL level. There should be room at the S position for him next season. I think he can at least take over for Anthony Levine who will be 34 next season.

CB Chris Westry - was on Dallas' PS, protected twice and activated twice for both defense and special teams snaps. Kentucky product who is a 6'4" CB. Six foot four. 200 lbs. And an unofficial 4.31 forty yard dash. So the height/weight/speed is there. But can he develop?

RB Ty'Son Williams - impossible to get time with a loaded RB room in front of him. Ingram will be out however so he may stick another season. Six ft, 220 lbs out of BYU. Matt Waldman was high on him, comparing him to Isaiah Crowell.

TE Eli Wolf - TE will be one of the most scrutinized positions in the off season with Mark Andrews and a gimpy Nick Boyle the only returnees with NFL experience. Wolf will join Jacob Breeland in a legit competition to earn an active roster spot, and those two may be joined by more. Elite speed for an adequately sized TE (unofficial 4.43), he may be the most promising name on the list, but like Chris Westry, can he play?

---

One other name was quietly added to a futures contract a few days ago

WR Binjimen Victor - the Ohio St product spent his time on the Giants PS. He is 6'4" 199 lbs, but ran just a 4.60 at the combine. He is somebody that NCAA fans should know. Senior season, he caught 35 passes for 573 yards and 6 TD.

Re: 2021 Futures Contracts

The Aarons (Adeoye & Crawford) looked really good when they had to play. Have heard some players say Adeoye is impossible to block at practice.
    Huntley - give that man a contract! With RG3 gone & Trace being average....I love the athleticism that Huntley brings.

Here's another one:

WR Deon Cain
    - this is a pleasant surprise as Cain has a lot of talent; he was drafted by the Colts in 2018 but tore his ACL after rookie training camp and has struggled to make it back. He was most recently on the Steelers practice squad. The Clemson product is listed at 6'2", 202 lbs and has legit NFL potential. Here is his draft profile from NFL.com:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/deon-c...6-543135057eaa

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Figured we should take at least a cursory look at the players we know the Ravens are bringing back to camp for next season:

LB Aaron Adeoye - we talked about the former Birmingham Iron standout as potential depth this season, but next season the EDGE depth chart is much thinner. So much of this game is about opportunity and this summer is going to be crucial for Adeoye's career.

DT Aaron Crawford - there were a couple games this season where I thought Crawford would be a call up. He had one of the best run defense grades in the NCAA for UNC in 2019. I'm wondering if he can take Justin Ellis' spot on the active roster next season.

DT Braxton Hoyett - 24 year old from Mississippi St. Was on Kansas City's practice squad and was activated for one game before Baltimore took him. Don't know much about him yet. 6'2" 302.

QB Tyler Huntley - I believe the Ravens have their next Tyrod Taylor in Huntley. I like him more than Trace McSorley as a quarterback, and I would prefer they not carry three next season (put McSorley on IR).

WR Jaylon Moore - hung around the PS all season; not that high on his prospects to stick around. Ravens not only have holes in the WR room but they're pretty thin right now with inactive depth.

LS Nick Moore
    - will replace Morgan Cox if and when he retires. Hopefully he'll be close to as good as Cox was. We don't need more snapping issues.

DE Chauncey Rivers - activated and played 15 defensive snaps against Pittsburgh in the COVID game. Another Mississippi St guy, a big DE-DT type that would play in the Campbell/Ward role. Crawford, Hoyett and Rivers may all be counted on in some capacity as young defensive linemen, as Madubuike is the only young DL with a resume of any significance at this point.

DB Nigel Warrior - your guess is as good as mine as to why Warrior never played at any point this season. Profiles similarly to Geno Stone as a productive leader in college (All-SEC) with some athletic limitations for the NFL level. There should be room at the S position for him next season. I think he can at least take over for Anthony Levine who will be 34 next season.

CB Chris Westry - was on Dallas' PS, protected twice and activated twice for both defense and special teams snaps. Kentucky product who is a 6'4" CB. Six foot four. 200 lbs. And an unofficial 4.31 forty yard dash. So the height/weight/speed is there. But can he develop?

RB Ty'Son Williams - impossible to get time with a loaded RB room in front of him. Ingram will be out however so he may stick another season. Six ft, 220 lbs out of BYU. Matt Waldman was high on him, comparing him to Isaiah Crowell.

TE Eli Wolf - TE will be one of the most scrutinized positions in the off season with Mark Andrews and a gimpy Nick Boyle the only returnees with NFL experience. Wolf will join Jacob Breeland in a legit competition to earn an active roster spot, and those two may be joined by more. Elite speed for an adequately sized TE (unofficial 4.43), he may be the most promising name on the list, but like Chris Westry, can he play?

---

One other name was quietly added to a futures contract a few days ago

WR Binjimen Victor - the Ohio St product spent his time on the Giants PS. He is 6'4" 199 lbs, but ran just a 4.60 at the combine. He is somebody that NCAA fans should know. Senior season, he caught 35 passes for 573 yards and 6 TD.
    I think Huntley has potential to be better than Taylor.

It might be folly, but if Lamar didn't exist, we might be clamoring to see what he could do as a starter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I think Huntley has potential to be better than Taylor.

It might be folly, but if Lamar didn't exist, we might be clamoring to see what he could do as a starter.
    I like Huntley but he doesn’t have a lot of zip on his throws. Maybe a more athletic Teddy Bridgewater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I though Rivers played really well in the PIT Covid game. 97 seemed to always be hustling, and he has nice size.
    Keep an eye on him.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Here's another one:

WR Deon Cain
    - this is a pleasant surprise as Cain has a lot of talent; he was drafted by the Colts in 2018 but tore his ACL after rookie training camp and has struggled to make it back. He was most recently on the Steelers practice squad. The Clemson product is listed at 6'2", 202 lbs and has legit NFL potential. Here is his draft profile from NFL.com:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/deon-c...6-543135057eaa
    GOTA also pointed this one out, here:
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I like Cain in the draft a couple of years ago. I didn’t realize he wasn’t still on the Colts. He’s got good size to speed. With Deshaun Watson as his QB he was an excellent deep threat
    I like this acquisition a lot. Some notes on his last couple years:

Indy loses promising rookie WR Deon Cain to torn ACL
    Aug 10, 2018
    https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-lose-...p3000000947046
    "We know we've got something special in Deon Cain," Reich said. "He's a young guy who can develop into a great player. This is obviously something that will be a setback. But that's not uncommon. Good players have a way of overcoming those obstacles. And we're counting on Deon overcoming this one as well."
    The former Clemson star had been a standout in training camp on top of an eye-catching performance in offseason practices. When NFL Network's Stacey Dales visited Colts camp earlier this month, Cain received praise from multiple team sources as a "massive steal" late in the draft. The Indianapolis Star recently wrote that Cain has been "flat-out hard to ignore."
    Steelers Release WR Deon Cain
    September 5, 2020
    https://steelersnow.com/steelers-release-wr-deon-cain
    The Steelers have released wide receiver Deon Cain, the team announced on Saturday.
    Cain, 24, joined the team on Nov. 16, 2019, when the Steelers signed him from the Indianapolis practice squad.
    Cain made five catches for 72 yards for the Steelers in 2019 ... He is the 14th player to be released by the Steelers since the end of training camp on Friday
    They then re-signed him to their practice squad, where he was stuck behind Diontae Johnson, Juju, Claypool, James Washington and Ray-Ray McCloud.

In his 2018 draft report, Waldman called Cain "A smooth deep threat that makes catching the ball and dodging defenders look easy. He's not a safepick here, but could be a great one." Also said he projected as a "Big-play WR2 / WR1B".

Great guy to take a flyer on.

[TJ Houshmazilly voice] Championship! [/TJ Houshmazilly voice]

Holy shit! Adeoye is 6-6 tall!

I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like Huntley but he doesn’t have a lot of zip on his throws.
    I noticed that too. Stood out this last game. Not great.