Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Film Study

Re: Film Study

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Here's as breakdown by JT O'Sullivan that's about as in depth as you can get

https://youtu.be/bS_FJwMOB4U

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Just finished watching this.

Pretty damning stuff from an outside perspective that knows what they are talking about. As much as some of you want to blame the WR’s and the play design/scheme, most of the plays have guys open.

He was pretty harsh on Lamars play and it was completely justified.

2. Re: Film Study

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Just finished watching this.

Pretty damning stuff from an outside perspective that knows what they are talking about. As much as some of you want to blame the WR’s and the play design/scheme, most of the plays have guys open.

He was pretty harsh on Lamars play and it was completely justified.
    Yep, really great vid. Some of the play design from a structural standpoint is rough but some of it was very good vs what we were facing. The one that really stood out to me was the cross by Hollywood and the Double Post going the other way, the first post got behind Tre White and Lamar NEVER saw it and like he said in the video, we came back to the play again, and it was open AGAIN and Lamar never saw it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    But it can't be on Roman if the SAME GUY is always open. Every time we ran it Hollywood was open. I work backwards with this, from the defensive perspective. Why is Buffalo continually leaving Brown open? Because they don't think you will come off the initial read and make a different throw. They watched the tape. They deciphered that Lamar doesn't read pressure well, he likes to throw deep and leave a lot of underneath stuff open. We ran this play a lot and Hollywood was always open because the defense felt comfortable of Lamar NOT making the throw. And he never did. All he would have needed to do is hit this pass one time for a big gain and the defense would have stopped leaving it open.

Lamar is my QB, but these are the growing pains. He's gotta mature as a passer.
    If you are a coordinator and you see that your QB is reacting that way over and over, are you going to keep running the same play expecting a different result? Or are you going to recognize that he's seeing things differently and try another way to work through it?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

4. Re: Film Study

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If you are a coordinator and you see that your QB is reacting that way over and over, are you going to keep running the same play expecting a different result? Or are you going to recognize that he's seeing things differently and try another way to work through it?
    Well this is where the communication from the sideline has come in and tell Lamar, we are coming back to this, but look at X player first next time. "They are giving us that." So, the communication from the sideline has to tell Lamar that. Who is he talking with on the sideline? They have to inform him and coach him up. So yes, you call the play because the defense is giving you that, but your assistants on the sideline has to inform your QB of what to look at and the HE HAS TO EXECUTE it. Bottom line. Yes some of the play designs are a mess. But on the ones that are not, Lamar is not living well in the drop back game.

Lamar is one of the greatest ATHLETES that have ever played in the NFL. At the moment, he need sto grow a bit to be a great QB.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Lamar is one of the greatest ATHLETES that have ever played in the NFL. At the moment, he need sto grow a bit to be a great QB.
    Seems like he regressed this season in terms of mechanics. Saw a lot more of the sidearm throws than last season and more passes like in the Tennessee game where he just throws them up and they either get picked or dropped by the DB.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Here's as breakdown by JT O'Sullivan that's about as in depth as you can get

https://youtu.be/bS_FJwMOB4U

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks for sharing. Great breakdown. Basically, soup to nuts on the offensive side. Big overhaul and a lot of hard work ahead. But the idea that the O line is some massive sieve is debunked if you watch that video.

Blog Entries

And I’m not even saying that Lamar does not have these issues. But it’s one thing for us to generally recognize that and say that. Say that he needs to improve upon these things. How does the team actually make that happen? They only throw about twenty times a game, the majority of their practice time is put toward their run schemes. They have a pass coordinator who has not made much of a visible difference at all. They do very little to help him get into a rhythm early in games. They don’t go up tempo enough. The only reason teams even bother with playing zone against us is, because of Lamar’s running ability. Otherwise, they’d play man all day and we have no one to consistently get open against Man.

This is not just a matter of him working with Jordan Palmer all of a sudden and because of that alone, the next time we’re in the playoffs he’ll look significantly better.

As LC said, a huge makeover is needed.

This is not just a matter of him working with Jordan Palmer all of a sudden and because of that alone, the next time we’re in the playoffs he’ll look significantly better.

The recurring theme about the lack of an Rb outlet is a great example. Is it the Rb coach? Is it the play design? Is it Lamar not finding it or just ignoring it? Is it the Qb Coach not drilling it enough? Is Lamar ignoring the coach because he figures he can dodge the rush and make a play that's better than a 4 yard checks down?

How many negative drive killing plays could have been avoided if we incorporated our Rb into the passing game more?

On like the 3rd one where Boykin is going down the middle. If he turns that out he is wide open. But he keeps running into dbl coverage. The WR has to see that. Dez would have broke off that route.

Ah nevermind until we see what the Biscuit does with coaching I am just going to go hide. lmao

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

And I’m not even saying that Lamar does not have these issues. But it’s one thing for us to generally recognize that and say that. Say that he needs to improve upon these things. How does the team actually make that happen? They only throw about twenty times a game, the majority of their practice time is put toward their run schemes. They have a pass coordinator who has not made much of a visible difference at all. They do very little to help him get into a rhythm early in games. They don’t go up tempo enough. The only reason teams even bother with playing zone against us is, because of Lamar’s running ability. Otherwise, they’d play man all day and we have no one to consistently get open against Man.

Agreed & big thanks to Justlovemybirds for posting.

We simply have to make our offense more qb-pass friendly.

Roman needs help because Lamar needs help. As Hollywood & Willie both said, this offseason is going to be huge. He has to tighten up his mechanics again & he needs a commitment to him as a passer coming from the OC/organization.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Seems like he regressed this season in terms of mechanics. Saw a lot more of the sidearm throws than last season and more passes like in the Tennessee game where he just throws them up and they either get picked or dropped by the DB.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    I'm thinking the restrictions on off season workouts with the team is a contributor to Lamar's shakier mechanics we saw this past season. Also I think Patrick Mahomes getting praised for his off balance and side armed throws is rubbing off on other QBs.

There is only one Mahomes in the NFL and just about every other QB is going to run into trouble making those circus throws.