Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RGIII Released

Re: RGIII Released

I thing BOB loved BOB more than anyone in the organization did, ol Bob was pretty proud of ol BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    About to lose RG3 and Ingram in the same offseason, 2 of the biggest locker room glue guys. It had to happen, we don't have a use for either at this point... but I hate losing guys that are beloved in the organization.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I would prefer the Ravens carry 2 QBs again and Jackson/Huntley are them. McSorley's injury sucks for him but I'd IR him next season.

I believe especially after a relatively normal off season that Huntley can be an effective backup QB. He will save the team quite a bit of money as an UDFA rookie contract.

Rob Griffin and Mark Ingram are two guys that should have a permanent invite to The Castle after they hang up the cleats. Salute to both of you guys, thanks for being a part of the Ravens organization.
    If you are going to IR McSorley why not just cut him so he can find him another opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    If you are going to IR McSorley why not just cut him so he can find him another opportunity.
    Torn ACL in December - will he be ready for camp with another team?

It would be extremely difficult for Trace to find another team especially after tearing his ACL. He'd probably rather stay even if it meant IR

Blog Entries

RG3's days were numbered when McSorely and Huntley both completed crucial passes in critical games. Huntley looks like the main #2 moving forward. I thought he did really well vs Buffalo.

Edit - RG3's contract ends after this season. But the NFL season doesn't end until March I believe. So I think technically he was released. There must be an advantage to releasing him instead of letting his contract expire.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It would be extremely difficult for Trace to find another team especially after tearing his ACL. He'd probably rather stay even if it meant IR
    Yes, he'd get paid while he healed... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    RG3's days were numbered when McSorely and Huntley both completed crucial passes in critical games. Huntley looks like the main #2 moving forward. I thought he did really well vs Buffalo.

Edit - RG3's contract ends after this season. But the NFL season doesn't end until March I believe. So I think technically he was released. There must be an advantage to releasing him instead of letting his contract expire.
    in theory these guys are free to sign with another team right away, including a team in the playoffs. just highly unlikely but they get a head start on the process

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    cuz he might find that opportunity in Pittsburgh?
    IIRC he is a Penn State guy, sure he's on their radar.

for that matter the Steelers might kick the tires on RGIII. low risk. at least pick his brain a bit.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    cuz he might find that opportunity in Pittsburgh?
    IIRC he is a Penn State guy, sure he's on their radar.

for that matter the Steelers might kick the tires on RGIII. low risk. at least pick his brain a bit.
    With what money exactly? They are so far over the cap there is no way they have the coin to pick the brain of a former player of a team they swept this year.

Do you even follow football?

Blog Entries

I am not a RGIII fan and was not happy with this signing. However, I do want to say that the biggest reason I didn't like RGIII was the RG-Me persona which up until he joined the Ravens had been a issue everywhere he played. Griffin finally grew and accepted the backup role. There was no trouble with teammates and he did a good job in mentoring Lamar Jackson. It's a positive step and something I'm glad to see happen

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    With what money exactly? They are so far over the cap there is no way they have the coin to pick the brain of a former player of a team they swept this year.

Do you even follow football?
    I follow enough to know that they're real shaky at QB. Ben might walk (or be pushed out). RGIII would be much cheaper (and younger). they might get him for vet minimum (not sure how much demand there would be for him).
    and McSorley would be cheap.
    they sure won't go into 2021 with Mason and whatever.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I don't think the Pittsburgh defense needs any more info on how to defend the Lamar led Ravens. Love Lamar, but he's struggled in every match up he's faced them.
    Last edited by Balbirdsfan; 01-19-2021 at 06:23 PM.