Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RGIII Released

Blog Entries

Re: RGIII Released

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Boykin's not going to be released with 2 years left on his rookie deal, ya big dummy
    Even IF he was that thread will never die...

Thankful for what he did. He seemed humbled and was a good role model for Lamar. Wish him luck wherever he goes next.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So is he finished? Will another team take a chance on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Beezo View Post
    So is he finished? Will another team take a chance on him?
    AFC rival will bring him in to be their scout team Lamar, calling it now. Titans already grabbed Kizer right after they lost to us.

Is he finished as a legit backup? Yes. Is he finished as an NFL player? No. His speed and experience in the Ravens offense will make him a hot scout team option.

Blog Entries

RGIII was a great mentor and presence for Lamar. He's one of those guys that, IMO, even though he was only a Raven for a couple of years, he made an impact and is someone the organization thinks very highly of. I dont know what the future holds for him, but he seems like someone that could have a career in coaching.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

IIRC, Wolfe was thought to have a real shot at making the team. He started great last college season, but went down with an injury, so we sort of grabbed him as a cheap "future." He reported to camp OK, but went down with another injury. Can anyone confirm?

Also wonder about Warrior. We NEED to find a spot for this guy SOMEWHERE with that name. Seriously, he seemed to have some NFL skills.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Boykin's not going to be released with 2 years left on his rookie deal, ya big dummy
    It wouldn't surprise me, just to have an extra roster spot. If we add two receivers in free agency I don't see why we would keep boykin. Even a 7th round flyer would be more worthy of a look at this point

8. Re: RGIII Released

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me, just to have an extra roster spot. If we add two receivers in free agency I don't see why we would keep boykin. Even a 7th round flyer would be more worthy of a look at this point
    Boykin's yards per target - 8.1, which is pretty good. Gus Edwards had a 9.9, Willie Snead 9.0, then Boykin, and everyone else was below.

Boykin seems like either a starting X or a backup X. Generally, if people don't like him well enough, he should be a backup. No reason to get rid of him. 8.1 yards per target is solid. The QB passer rating when Boykin is targeted is 110.6. That's quite good. Shouldn't get rid of him. If Lamar is throwing a Hail Mary, I'd want him out there.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Boykin's yards per target - 8.1, which is pretty good. Gus Edwards had a 9.9, Willie Snead 9.0, then Boykin, and everyone else was below.

Boykin seems like either a starting X or a backup X. Generally, if people don't like him well enough, he should be a backup. No reason to get rid of him. 8.1 yards per target is solid. The QB passer rating when Boykin is targeted is 110.6. That's quite good. Shouldn't get rid of him. If Lamar is throwing a Hail Mary, I'd want him out there.
    He had less than 300 yards receiving because he can't get open. He. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    heisman package really taking a hit
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    About to lose RG3 and Ingram in the same offseason, 2 of the biggest locker room glue guys. It had to happen, we don't have a use for either at this point... but I hate losing guys that are beloved in the organization.
    Yeah I hate it, too. Ingram will always have a special place in my heart.

I would prefer the Ravens carry 2 QBs again and Jackson/Huntley are them. McSorley's injury sucks for him but I'd IR him next season.

I believe especially after a relatively normal off season that Huntley can be an effective backup QB. He will save the team quite a bit of money as an UDFA rookie contract.

Rob Griffin and Mark Ingram are two guys that should have a permanent invite to The Castle after they hang up the cleats. Salute to both of you guys, thanks for being a part of the Ravens organization.