Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: What They're Saying About the Ravens

Kurt Warner pretty much rips the ravens passing game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgfB_4DgnEQ

The real question is why is it a simple passing scheme, is it Roman, Culley and Urban or is it Lamar???

Blog Entries

I think it is a combination.

I think Roman is more focused on run designs and controlling the clock and the ball, which is something Harbaugh likes.

I think Lamar is trying to make big plays rather than taking what the defense is giving him. Someone posted a YouTube video showing several examples from the Buffalo game where Lamar had options to throw to open receivers, but he wasn't looking at them or took off from the pocket too quickly.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    that's the way it works Bc.

EDC greatest in the league until now he's done LJ wrong...
    Coach and coordinator of the year to fire the bums
    MVP to a running back
    and so the over reaction continues....
    Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Sports media on major outlets like ESPN and FS1 is all hot takes, all the time now with little room for nuanced and thoughtful analysis.
    This is one of many reasons that I post here. Intelligent posts and replies. Sure we know the Ravens passing game should be improved, but with all the negativities awash since our loss to the Bills, the Ravens still have made the playoffs 3 consecutive years and LJ finally won his first. This is still a talented team and I am not only proud of their accomplishments, but to be a Ravens fans as well. The "Talking Heads" can bash us, but watch how quickly they reverse course if the Ravens go even further next season... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This is one of many reasons that I post here. Intelligent posts and replies. Sure we know the Ravens passing game should be improved, but with all the negativities awash since our loss to the Bills, the Ravens still have made the playoffs 3 consecutive years and LJ finally won his first. This is still a talented team and I am not only proud of their accomplishments, but to be a Ravens fans as well. The "Talking Heads" can bash us, but watch how quickly they reverse course if the Ravens go even further next season... Bc
    Peyton Manning was going through all of this twenty years ago and it took him until his sixth season for the Colts to win a playoff game.

As bad as the Lamar hot takes are now, Peyton would be getting even worse being the number one pick in the draft with today’s media spotlight.

Most QBs aren’t going to win a Super Bowl their first few years in the league, and to hear the experts declare certain players are incapable of winning while on their rookie contract is tiresome.

Peyton Manning was going through all of this twenty years ago and it took him until his sixth season for the Colts to win a playoff game.

As bad as the Lamar hot takes are now, Peyton would be getting even worse being the number one pick in the draft with today’s media spotlight.

Most QBs aren’t going to win a Super Bowl their first few years in the league, and to hear the experts declare certain players are incapable of winning while on their rookie contract is tiresome.
    Drew Brees won 1 in his 20+ year career. It's really hard to win one. If you were to place a blind bet on "X QB never wins a Super Bowl," 95% of the time you'd be right. Doesn't mean you're some QB savant who saw what no one else could see.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Drew Brees won 1 in his 20+ year career. It's really hard to win one. If you were to place a blind bet on "X QB never wins a Super Bowl," 95% of the time you'd be right. Doesn't mean you're some QB savant who saw what no one else could see.
    And for as great as Aaron Rodgers is he has one Super Bowl appearance and victory for his career. That might change this year, but he's been the Packers starting QB since 2008. It's cliche but the NFL is truly a team game and you can have an all world QB, DE, WR, etc., but it doesn't mean you are going to win a championship.

Even if a team does everything right their season can be derailed by injuries.

Sports media on major outlets like ESPN and FS1 is all hot takes, all the time now with little room for nuanced and thoughtful analysis.
    Right. And it’s not that their hot takes are totally wrong, it’s just that they’re not very helpful. They’re like back seat drivers, when what you actually need is GPS nav.

Quote Originally Posted by NomadicRaven View Post
    Right. And it’s not that their hot takes are totally wrong, it’s just that not very helpful. They’re like back seat drivers, when what you actually need is GPS nav.
    I don't even think the television talking heads always really believe what they're saying. I bet many times Shannon Sharpe is given a talking point by his producers and Skip Bayless' role is to advocate the opposite side of the argument.

It's all about getting eyeballs and ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think it is a combination.

I think Roman is more focused on run designs and controlling the clock and the ball, which is something Harbaugh likes.

I think Lamar is trying to make big plays rather than taking what the defense is giving him. Someone posted a YouTube video showing several examples from the Buffalo game where Lamar had options to throw to open receivers, but he wasn't looking at them or took off from the pocket too quickly.
    This is why you get an OC capable of constructing an NFL calibre passing game. Then, if Lamar is still under producing as a passer, you know you have a different issue. It is also why I would not extend Lamar yet. He could be following the same trajectory as Michael Vick but it's hard to know as long as we have Roman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Drew Brees won 1 in his 20+ year career. It's really hard to win one...
    And for as great as Aaron Rodgers is he has one Super Bowl appearance and victory for his career. That might change this year, but he's been the Packers starting QB since 2008...
    Dan Marino was in the NFL for 17 years, having one Super Bowl appearance (a loss)... Bc

I don't even think the television talking heads always really believe what they're saying. I bet many times Shannon Sharpe is given a talking point by his producers and Skip Bayless' role is to advocate the opposite side of the argument.

It's all about getting eyeballs and ratings.
    Exactly. The average viewer wants a water cooler conversation starter—not the boring details that matter. (sic)