Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Off-season moves in these four areas

The personnel is average at best (talking about receiving corps)

The passing game is vanilla/underdeveloped at best.

The execution in clutch games is poor, specially on the offensive side. That the offense is relatively young (Lamar, Andrews, Brown...) probably has a lot to do with it, which is one of the reasons why I wouldn't draft another WR in the early rounds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Golladay & Godwin will get tagged if not extended.
    I dont think the Bucs can afford to tag Godwin. I mean, I guess they could...they look like they'll have around $25 mill in cap space, but they're also losing Shaq Barrett, Lavonte David, Gronk, Suh, Antonio Brown, Fournette, etc.

In 2022 they're looking at Carlton Davis, OJ Howard, Ron Jones, Tom Brady, Ryan Jensen, Alex Cappa, JPP, and Donovan Smith as FA's...guys like Carlton Davis, Ronald Jones, and Alex Cappa could definitely want contract extensions because they're pretty good players and underpaid in comparison to others in their respective caliber...especially Carlton Davis.

Anyway...if Brady comes back, I could see the Bucs opting to keep Antonio Brown and letting Godwin walk and collect the comp pick because he'd bring a 3rd round comp for sure.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Looks like John Harbaugh agrees with you. In his presser today he called improving the offensive line a "major priority...priority one."

He also said Roman would be back and they just need to become more efficient in the passing game.

I'll wait to see what changes are coming among assistants. We know two have already left for college jobs (Minter, Macdonald)...and at least two more are in play (Hewitt, Cullen and possibly Culley, which is the one I am most interested in replacing).
    "More efficient in the passing game?" - sort of like Jim Jones saying we just need "better tasting coolaid."

Does Harbaugh not understand - the RAVENS HAVE NO PASSING GAME!
    Last edited by Cleo&Dilly; 01-20-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont think the Bucs can afford to tag Godwin. I mean, I guess they could...they look like they'll have around $25 mill in cap space, but they're also losing Shaq Barrett, Lavonte David, Gronk, Suh, Antonio Brown, Fournette, etc.

In 2022 they're looking at Carlton Davis, OJ Howard, Ron Jones, Tom Brady, Ryan Jensen, Alex Cappa, JPP, and Donovan Smith as FA's...guys like Carlton Davis, Ronald Jones, and Alex Cappa could definitely want contract extensions because they're pretty good players and underpaid in comparison to others in their respective caliber...especially Carlton Davis.

Anyway...if Brady comes back, I could see the Bucs opting to keep Antonio Brown and letting Godwin walk and collect the comp pick because he'd bring a 3rd round comp for sure.
    Beggars can't be choosers and all but...I'm really kind of down on Godwin. He's a good player but a lot of drops down the stretch and in the postseason.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Beggars can't be choosers and all but...I'm really kind of down on Godwin. He's a good player but a lot of drops down the stretch and in the postseason.
    I noticed that too. He was being outplayed by Antonio and Tyler Johnson to a certain degree.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I think he’s playing with a broken finger though. He’s fighting through it.

Prior seasons, he was catching everything pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    The personnel is average at best (talking about receiving corps)

The passing game is vanilla/underdeveloped at best.

The execution in clutch games is poor, specially on the offensive side. That the offense is relatively young (Lamar, Andrews, Brown...) probably has a lot to do with it, which is one of the reasons why I wouldn't draft another WR in the early rounds.
    Fair assessment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Looks like John Harbaugh agrees with you. In his presser today he called improving the offensive line a "major priority...priority one."

He also said Roman would be back and they just need to become more efficient in the passing game.

I'll wait to see what changes are coming among assistants. We know two have already left for college jobs (Minter, Macdonald)...and at least two more are in play (Hewitt, Cullen and possibly Culley, which is the one I am most interested in replacing).
    Good news to me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk