Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Reopening the Discussion: Perceived or Real Limitations on Lamar as a Passer and its Impact on the Offense

A heavy dose of RPO plays would have done wonders for Lamar's passing, especially this year with injuries turning our OL into a pass protection clown show.

Re: Reopening the Discussion: Perceived or Real Limitations on Lamar as a Passer and its Impact on the Offense

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    This is probably what they should do, just to say "Hey, we did everything we could and he just couldn't make the leap" if things don't improve. This is actually a pretty solid take because there's no denying what we have from Lamar's legs, his MVP pedigree is something unique.
    This is the type of silly trolling takes I’m referring to when I say “low iq posts”.

Every post in every thread is the same trolling garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Be a man bro. Stand on what you say. You were trying to take a “shot”, because one of my post put your panties in a bunch.

Passive aggressive isn’t a manly trait at all bro.
    I'm just talking like I would with one of my bros. I noticed how you missed the part where I said I agree with most of what you posted.

The thing I disagree with is the idea, there's like some pre-ordained simple solution for a complex problem

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    This is the way I’ve been looking at it:

If Alex Smith (low end NFL Starter) was our starter in this offense we’d win how many games

If Baker Mayfield (middle of the road NFL Starter) was our starter in this offense we’d win how many games?

If Aaron Rodgers (high end NFL starter) was our starter in our this offense we’d win
    how many games?

We can talk about how Lamar is as a passer and nitpick his fundamentals and that’s all important. We bitch about the coaching staff and the weapons and the o line. But ultimately, Lamar is winning games at a HISTORIC rate. And I don’t really care how it happens, I just want to win. I think if you put Smith or Mayfield in this offense we’re a sub .500 team easily. This offense is absolutely nothing without our QB1. Andrews and Brown are shrinking violets, capable of totally disappearing in games. We have a really good LT (IR) a really good RT, and a really good blocking TE (IR). We also have a promising rookie RB but he has yet to really take over a game. Call it scheme, call it personnel, but I can’t blame Lamar Jackson. Yeah his footwork could be better, yeah he has some errant throws but he is one of the few QBs in this league that truly can and does win games all on his own. It’s time to stop fucking around, get him some help, and really put him in a position to succeed. Overpay for Allen Robinson, or trade up for a big time receiver. This dragon needs to be slain at all costs. We have a window and it will close.
    This offense only works with a running qb. It cuts both ways.

You put Lamar on green bay and they are a 500 team.

Same with the redskins.

Id argue Lamar would be a perfect fit for the Browns scheme, but our oc is a fucking moron

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    I'm just talking like I would with one of my bros. I noticed how you missed the part where I said I agree with most of what you posted.

The thing I disagree with is the idea, there's like some pre-ordained simple solution for a complex problem
    You’re doing it again. Man up bro.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

Same with the redskins.

Id argue Lamar would be a perfect fit for the Browns scheme, but our oc is a fucking moron
    I more meant personnel than scheme. Obviously I wouldn’t be calling designed runs with Alex Smith lol. I shoulda been more clear that’s on me.

Blog Entries

Same with the redskins.

I disagree.

Lamar doesn’t need to run *this* style of offense. The *team* needs Lamar’s rushing and run threat for the offense to work. Lamar lifts *them* up not the other way around. Lamar would bring his rushing and run threat to any team. You add Lamar to any team that doesn’t have a dynamic QB like him and that team instantly improves their run game.

You put Lamar on Green Bay with those weapons and passing game scheme?
    👀 Look out

Yea you would screw up their offense also
    Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I disagree.

Lamar doesn’t need to run *this* style of offense. The *team* needs Lamar’s rushing and run threat for the offense to work. Lamar lifts *them* up not the other way around. Lamar would bring his rushing and run threat to any team. You add Lamar to any team that doesn’t have a dynamic QB like him and that team instantly improves their run game.

�� Look out

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I disagree.

👀 Look out
    It would be a major upgrade for him to have that talent around him. The more I watch, the more I doubt his ability to anticipate wrs.

I think that mostly falls on our scheme, and what feels like regression.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    His limitations as a passer are:

1) He’s stuck with a poorly designed passing game;

2) He spent too much time running for his life, especially against the Bills. The pass blocking was horrendous.
    I agree with the first two points but to sit there and try to persuade yourself that there isn’t more problems than just those two is wrong.

Blog Entries

There’s just a hesitance from some who support Lamar more than others, to emphasize what’s wrong with him, when you compare it to what all else is going wrong above him, because so much is going wrong above him, before we even get to him.

As a huge Flacco fan, I went through this exact same thing.

That should tell you this is an organizational issue.

Blog Entries

It would be a major upgrade for him to have that talent around him. The more I watch, the more I doubt his ability to anticipate wrs.

I think that mostly falls on our scheme, and what feels like regression.
    I think the issue is clearly fundamentals and mechanics in a rhythm passing game. I’ve been following it closely and it’s an important but also difficult to recognize. But Lamar’s footwork precision (3, 5,7 etc) rhythm-timing linked with footwork, getting the ball out at the top of his drop back, not taking extra hitches, throwing in balance, through with good form, staying in the pocket to throw downfield....or bailing to early to run or be a playmaker.

Most people ignore this view and don’t respond or other agree but claim the QB Coach doesn’t bare much responsibly for Lamar’s lack of improvement/regression.
    Last edited by edromeo; 01-18-2021 at 02:06 PM.