Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112
    Blog Entries

Re: Reopening the Discussion: Perceived or Real Limitations on Lamar as a Passer and its Impact on the Offense

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I mean the tapes out there. But k.
    agreed, but let's turn every thread into the fall of the #RomanEmpire

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Reopening the Discussion: Perceived or Real Limitations on Lamar as a Passer and its Impact on the Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    agreed, but let's turn every thread into the fall of the #RomanEmpire
    That's not even what we were arguing. All we were debating on that particular point, was what Harbaugh meant when he told Lamar to get back to being who he was.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-22-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I would think that you're being rather disingenuous yourself. It is clear that defenses were taken aback by the offense in 2019, and focused in on the Ravens as one of the teams they had to deal with in 2020. There wasn't much tape to go off of and teams didn't really understand their tendencies. This year, teams had a much better understanding of their tendencies, those tendencies were glaring, and now they have to work on changing those tendencies. Which means more emphasis on it. That comes in practice and then in the gameplan.

Yes, what I'm suggesting is largely subjective. However, the, I guess philosophy, I am expressing, is not something exclusive to football. It's universal to life. To improve on aspects of certain things, you need to spend more time on those things and give them more focus. Otherwise, you may see some initial improvement (Though, not a given), but any improvement will be difficult to retain over time. If Jackson works with Palmer, but is not met with the same emphasis on those issues by the coaching staff and offense as a whole, is he really going to retain what he learned from Palmer, to the point of being able to execute it in a game at a moment's notice?
    It's not subjective to see the opposition can't stop you doing x and then you switch away from it and they stop you. Game after game.

Imagine Lamar with Shanny or the hoody

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Imagine Lamar with Shanny or the hoody
    Shanny would try to bring in his own guy to run his system. He wouldn't be a good fit for Lamar at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I would think that you're being rather disingenuous yourself. It is clear that defenses were taken aback by the offense in 2019, and focused in on the Ravens as one of the teams they had to deal with in 2020. There wasn't much tape to go off of and teams didn't really understand their tendencies. This year, teams had a much better understanding of their tendencies, those tendencies were glaring, and now they have to work on changing those tendencies. Which means more emphasis on it. That comes in practice and then in the gameplan.

Yes, what I'm suggesting is largely subjective. However, the, I guess philosophy, I am expressing, is not something exclusive to football. It's universal to life. To improve on aspects of certain things, you need to spend more time on those things and give them more focus. Otherwise, you may see some initial improvement (Though, not a given), but any improvement will be difficult to retain over time. If Jackson works with Palmer, but is not met with the same emphasis on those issues by the coaching staff and offense as a whole, is he really going to retain what he learned from Palmer, to the point of being able to execute it in a game at a moment's notice?
    It's pretty clear his mechanics are worse compared to 2019. Defenses adjusting to Lamar isn't an excuse to play worse. No matter what scheme or philosophy, players have to execute and Lamar was one of the several people at fault. If people can't admit what they're seeing with Lamar's flaws as a passer then you can't start talking about the surrounding talent or the system.