Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

M Brown again speaks our against our offense

"Whenever you're the No. 1 rushing [offense] and the 30-something passing [team], that's not right," Brown said a day after the Ravens' 17-3 loss to the Buffalo Bills in the AFC divisional round. "That's not balanced. We got to find a way to balance our game. Even with our great rushing attack, we got to be able to throw the ball and be able to move the ball through the air."

That’s what happens when you want your run 1st QB to carry the ball. 1/3 of the plays to passing, 1/3 to the RBs, and 1/3 to your running QB.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lanced-offense

Re: M Brown again speaks our against our offense

He's 100% correct.

You have to have a lot go wrong to be dead last in this league throwing the ball.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    That’s what happens when you want your run 1st QB to carry the ball. 1/3 of the plays to passing, 1/3 to the RBs, and 1/3 to your running QB.

They would pass the ball more if they could consistently catch the ball. Execute the opportunities you have.

I think you can interpret this as Lamar speaking. They're joined at the hip and it appears they clearly want to open it up

Blog Entries

If you're last you should work to improve. groundbreaking

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He's 100% correct.

You have to have a lot go wrong to be dead last in this league throwing the ball.
    I’m not so sure that I agree with your statement. They deliberately have built the offense around Lamar’s running. If you plan to run 2/3s of the time chances are your passing game is going to be at or near the bottom. Most team are at very least balanced but many are pass heavy.

I’m not so sure that I agree with your statement. They deliberately have built the offense around Lamar’s running. If you plan to run 2/3s of the time chances are your passing game is going to be at or near the bottom. Most team are at very least balanced but many are pass heavy.
    It can be bottom half, no question. But there are a LOT of bad QB's out there with shitty offenses. Just off the fact that everybody knows you want to run should make your passing game numbers at least towards the middle of the league. This passing offense should be living off of big chunks due to all the defenders constantly in the box. I'm not expecting top 10 passing numbers, but this offense should be efficient throwing the ball considering teams are daring them to throw every down and if it's efficient, even with the low attempts, it should be higher than bottom 5.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Keep that in-house.
    It’s true, but shut up to the media.
    Team first.

Poor Greg, last year got blamed for having Lamar pass against stacked boxes in the playoffs and failing, this year realizing that approach failed, he tried the running game against stacked boxes and that failed, almost sounds like a no win situation. Hell even the win in Tenn was because of the defense, and Lamar breaking off a run, passing game still sucked. They way teams are playing the Ravens, passes to the outside boundaries should be like taking candy from a baby

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    I think you can interpret this as Lamar speaking. They're joined at the hip and it appears they clearly want to open it up
    I don’t disagree with what you are saying here. I think the problem is two fold for the coaching staff. They want to run the ball with Lamar as much as possible and they want to limit the things he doesn’t do well. I’m not trying to have a debate over his passing. But, I think there are passes that he executes well and others that he doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    They would pass the ball more if they could consistently catch the ball. Execute the opportunities you have.
    No they wouldn't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It can be bottom half, no question. But there are a LOT of bad QB's out there with shitty offenses. Just off the fact that everybody knows you want to run should make your passing game numbers at least towards the middle of the league. This passing offense should be living off of big chunks due to all the defenders constantly in the box. I'm not expecting top 10 passing numbers, but this offense should be efficient throwing the ball considering teams are daring them to throw every down and if it's efficient, even with the low attempts, it should be higher than bottom 5.
    But, most teams pass 60+ percent compared to our 1/3. The numbers say bottom third no matter what. I don’t know how we can expect not to be at or near last. Plus, the pistol obviously bunches the middle and makes it easy to cover with zone coverage.