Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 2021 Free Agent Wide Receivers

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I know it's just a presser but from how Harbaugh talked today it sure sounded like they are going to try and get a WR. Whether we can get one of the good ones or not I guess we'll see.
    I was happy he seems to be on the same page as the fans, mentioned a big physical WR.

Now the only question is whether Harbs is thinking Robinson/Golladay/Godwin or... Lazard/Reynolds/Conley

The Ravens evaluation of what constitutes a "good WR" is often very different than ours, lets just put it that way

2. Re: 2021 Free Agent Wide Receivers

The WR I would want is Godwin. He'll be out of our price range most likely. I'm hoping the Bucs let him hit FA since they are grooming Tyler Johnson. Doubtful, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    The WR I would want is Godwin. He'll be out of our price range most likely. I'm hoping the Bucs let him hit FA since they are grooming Tyler Johnson. Doubtful, but we'll see.
    Not so much about budget, rather what positions we value and which we don't. They will spend 15M+ a year on a defensive player like Judon/Calais but not a WR. Only offensive guy we're paying big to is Stanley and as the franchise LT that was a no-brainer

They can easily afford a big contract with a little maneuvering, it just comes down to whether they want to do that for a WR. It feels more likely they give Yannick 15M rather than a guy like Godwin/Golladay 17M. Until we change the way we value positions, the results in the playoff won't change.

We just lost a playoff game where we allowed 17 points against a top offense, clearly the roster construction isn't working, make a change or suffer the same fate next year

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Not so much about budget, rather what positions we value and which we don't. They will spend 15M+ a year on a defensive player like Judon/Calais but not a WR. Only offensive guy we're paying big to is Stanley and as the franchise LT that was a no-brainer

They can easily afford a big contract with a little maneuvering, it just comes down to whether they want to do that for a WR. It feels more likely they give Yannick 15M rather than a guy like Godwin/Golladay 17M. Until we change the way we value positions, the results in the playoff won't change.

We just lost a playoff game where we allowed 17 points against a top offense, clearly the roster construction isn't working, make a change or suffer the same fate next year
    I am not sure they are going to be in a position to be able any one player 15m a year unless it is ridiculously back loaded. Article on front page says that the adjusted number really only gives them 10m in cap space. There are a ton of holes that need to be filled with starter caliber players. IOL and OLB. If you cut a Williams or Campbell or Peters you still have ti fill those spot with starter capable players. Cap will probably be tight again next year. It is supposed to go way up after 2022 with new TV agreement. That is assuming the economy is not in the crapper post COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I am not sure they are going to be in a position to be able any one player 15m a year unless it is ridiculously back loaded. Article on front page says that the adjusted number really only gives them 10m in cap space. There are a ton of holes that need to be filled with starter caliber players. IOL and OLB. If you cut a Williams or Campbell or Peters you still have ti fill those spot with starter capable players. Cap will probably be tight again next year. It is supposed to go way up after 2022 with new TV agreement. That is assuming the economy is not in the crapper post COVID.
    They can re-structure Stanley or Marlon and backload on to the higher cap years and instantly open up space, I would also cut Boyle and save an additional 5M.

Space is there if they want it. Question is:

A: Do they want it?

B: Do they want it for a WR? Are they going to open up space but spend it on defense yet again (Yannick)

The OL will instantly get better with Stanley back + a high pick at iOL. The OLB's they stand to lose barely produced at all to begin with, they can be replaced for cheaper.

Buy the WR, draft the iOL, find cheaper alternatives at OLB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Adam thielen and cooper kupp would be awesome but neither player will see free agency

Too good to not be resigned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mentioned this in another thread. The Vikes are over the cap like most teams and have a #1, 1400 yard WR on a rookie deal. Cutting or moving Thielen saves them over 7M against the cap. If I was the Ravens that is the guy I would try to get one way or the other. He's a bigger guy, big catch radius, sticky hands, tough, great in the red zone. Gonna keep pimping this one.

Mentioned this in another thread. The Vikes are over the cap like most teams and have a #1, 1400 yard WR on a rookie deal. Cutting or moving Thielen saves them over 7M against the cap. If I was the Ravens that is the guy I would try to get one way or the other. He's a bigger guy, big catch radius, sticky hands, tough, great in the red zone. Gonna keep pimping this one.
    $11/12/13/14m years left on the deal isn’t awful at all. If we are not retaining Snead this is a reasonable option.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    $11/12/13/14m years left on the deal isn’t awful at all. If we are not retaining Snead this is a reasonable option.
    Sounds good to me. Would be 34 at the end of his contract though. Would anticipate 2-3 years and then cut.

I really like Theilen as well, question just becomes what is his trade value? Ravens already down a 3rd round pick. We're really going to start gutting our draft class by trading a 2nd that it would likely take to pry him out of there. Still has like a 13M cap hit, it's not going to save us much over just signing a FA out right and holding on to our picks.

Then also factor in that he's 30 and probably nearing the end of his prime... I would clutch those high draft picks for dear life and just sign a top WR FA

The only WR trades that I think make sense are flipping our 1st to NO for Michael Thomas or ATL for Julio. Those are both guys that are so undoubtedly elite that the juice is worth the squeeze to gut our draft over... but those are more pipe dreams

Blog Entries

Godwin was playing with messed up fingers. Godwin would be on my short list as well.

Blog Entries

Am I missing something or is their rumours about the Vikings wanting to trade Thielen? I dont really get it. If gonna aim at a trade go for like Michael Thomas, whom is most certainly going to be on the move

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I really like Theilen as well, question just becomes what is his trade value? Ravens already down a 3rd round pick. We're really going to start gutting our draft class by trading a 2nd that it would likely take to pry him out of there. Still has like a 13M cap hit, it's not going to save us much over just signing a FA out right and holding on to our picks.

Then also factor in that he's 30 and probably nearing the end of his prime... I would clutch those high draft picks for dear life and just sign a top WR FA

The only WR trades that I think make sense are flipping our 1st to NO for Michael Thomas or ATL for Julio. Those are both guys that are so undoubtedly elite that the juice is worth the squeeze to gut our draft over... but those are more pipe dreams
    Neither team saves any cap space trading their stat WR... keep looking...