Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2021 Free Agent Wide Receivers

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    THIS!

There will be options that are cuts this year. We may very well be able to get a WR of the caliber of Allen Robinson w/o dinging our comp pick formula.
    Adam thielen and cooper kupp would be awesome but neither player will see free agency

Too good to not be resigned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well put me on the record as saying that our top FA WR signing will be a player who gets cut. I'll take my lumps if I'm wrong. I very well might be. But that's my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    There’s only 5 names on that list that are even in the same universe as Arob- OBJ, Jones, Thomas, Kupp and maybe Lockett. And none are getting cut, all three have a trade value (value which will be much more than the comp pick) and its also much better for the team trading them from a cap perspective to avoid cutting.

I would love Odell but theres no way Cleveland is trading him to us. I will be shocked if they cut him, if they did he would become my no 1 target in a second
    Cutting and trading are the same from a cap perspective unless there is remaining guaranteed salary on the contract.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Cutting and trading are the same from a cap perspective unless there is remaining guaranteed salary on the contract.

Ya, I know. And most contracts that have been getting signed of late are set up with guaranteed salary in lieu of big signing bonus. Deshaun Watson for example will cost the Texans 21m to trade but would have cost 55m to cut. Without looking at the specific details of those players contracts, I am assuming most of them would fall into that category. And regardless, they all have good trade value and will not be cut.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Well put me on the record as saying that our top FA WR signing will be a player who gets cut. I'll take my lumps if I'm wrong. I very well might be. But that's my prediction.
    Then prepare to be very underwhelmed because none of the players worth a damn on that list are getting cut

Then prepare to be very underwhelmed because none of the players worth a damn on that list are getting cut
    Hey, if the Ravens end up trading for someone instead of picking up a cut player, I'm fine with that. Nobody would have guessed what they did to land Marcus Peters. Or Calais Campbell.

I didn't come up with those names just because they're names - I looked at the cap situation for each team and which players would save them cap space. Cooper Kupp has already been rumored on the trade block this past season. The Saints and Falcons are in deep shit and if they can move Michael Thomas or Julio Jones post June-1 they may have no choice.

One thing about bringing in a trade commodity - the guaranteed money / signing bonus doesn't count for your team. Any of that incoming salary can be restructured. From a cap perspective there will be a discount.

It doesn’t matter which big free agent WR we get if we don’t change our offensive philosophy.

This coaching staff is too comfortable running Lamar into the ground. Until we put more emphasis on our passing game and allow / teach Lamar how to win with his arm to go along with his legs, it won’t matter.

Not sure if letting Greg Roman go and hiring someone more adept in taking Lamar’s game to the next level or just hiring a new pass game coordinator.. something’s gotta change

I never claimed it would be for a player that the RSR board would love, but I'm not as down on that possibility as you are. I think there will be a surprise cut somewhere. If lots of teams are releasing players and/or offering up players for trades then it will become harder to get teams to give up draft picks for players that they know need to be cut to make cap room.

Based on that I could also see a discounted trade going down, as WNC said.

Blog Entries

I know it's just a presser but from how Harbaugh talked today it sure sounded like they are going to try and get a WR. Whether we can get one of the good ones or not I guess we'll see.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I know it's just a presser but from how Harbaugh talked today it sure sounded like they are going to try and get a WR. Whether we can get one of the good ones or not I guess we'll see.

Harbaugh disagrees with (Kurt Warner and Steve Smith) assessment of their passing scheme so what does that tell you? he says they run every route; lol. I guess he is watching a different team.
    He will make no changes and force Roman to improve.

Harbaugh expects both Wink and Roman to return. Great as Wink does not have much to change or improve.
    Roman needs to improve immensely in his passing scheme.

Harbaugh said he though his coaches did an excellent job across the board so he doesnt apparently have a problem with the 32nd ranked passing team.

Godwin is the player I would be most interested in.

Doubtful he gets to the FA market, and we'll have to overpay ANY potential WR in free agency (especially a young guy), because they simply won't get as many targets for the Ravens as they might elsewhere.

In any case, if Godwin became available, I would try hard to make a move.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Enough with the maybe guys who we can try and get cheap. Pay up for Allen Robinson. The guy has been great with crap QBs his whole career. He's a big and physical player who has no problem blocking down field. Robinson was made to be a Raven. Pay the money and get him
    G'man, on that note : Guys/gals I like to play poker. Before the breakout of COVID I played in two separate games. One (near my house) every other Thursday night, the other every week (had to drive 20 miles), usually on Wednesdays. There are times you may have the choice of going "All-In." When you go "All-In" you might win a huge pot or may have to end play because you have no chips left. Like rolling the dice so to speak. The Ravens, having been playoff participants 3 years in-a-row, are on the cusp of something great. It has happened to us before in 2000/01 and 2012/13. IMO it's time for DeCosta to do something bold to get us over the hump, otherwise we will be perennial playoff participants, but like brides (or grooms) left at the altar... Bc