Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 383940
  1. Re: 2021 Free Agent Wide Receivers

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The need for a high-priced FA WR is hard to determine because we don't even know the WRs we already have on our roster. This is due to their underuse. For Example...

from baltomoreravens.com :

" The fact that Devin Duvernay was targeted just 26 times as a rookie last season (never more than three times in a game) tells me we haven't begun to see the full extent of what he can produce. Ramping up his targets should be a high offensive priority in 2021. "

from baltimorebeatdown.com :

" The Baltimore Ravens traded up to select wide receiver James Proche out of SMU in the sixth round of the 2020 NFL Draft. The Ravens clearly valued Proche, as they gave up a 2021 fifth-round pick to move up to draft him. It was honestly surprising that Proche was still on the board in the sixth round. He was extremely productive at SMU. As a junior, he had 93 receptions for 1,199 yards and 12 touchdowns. He then topped those numbers in his senior season with 111 receptions for 1,225 yards and 15 touchdowns. He is an excellent route runner and has great hands. Many draft experts took notice. In fact, Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network stated that Proche had the best hands in the entire draft class.

However, Proche rarely saw the field as a rookie, which is still puzzling. The Ravens were actively searching for help at the wide receiver position, but Proche was only targeted three times last season and played a total of 25 offensive snaps. "

Apparently DeCosta and Co. thought highly enough of these two, spending a 3rd on Duvernay and trading a 5th to move up and select Proche. I wonder if Harbaugh and/or Roman can explain? ... Bc
    I think due to it being a very unusual offseason and season, they just limited the pressure on those two honestly. As a fan I would have certainly liked to have seen a lot more from them, but I think given the situation and Snead already knowing what to do, they just did their best to take a lot of pressure off of them since they both have quite a bit to learn. I think we'll see both in a more extended role this coming season.

Re: 2021 Free Agent Wide Receivers

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    I think due to it being a very unusual offseason and season, they just limited the pressure on those two honestly. As a fan I would have certainly liked to have seen a lot more from them, but I think given the situation and Snead already knowing what to do, they just did their best to take a lot of pressure off of them since they both have quite a bit to learn. I think we'll see both in a more extended role this coming season.
    Wasn’t an issue for Jefferson shenault Mooney lamb claypool Higgins Davis ayiuk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Wiz, that's a possibility, but by mid-season it seemed obvious that Duvernay was explosive.
    He had 895 all-purpose yards on 75 touches (11.9 YPT). Proche was pretty good @ punt returns, but more telling were his final two years @ SMU : 2,424 yards - 204 catches - (11.9 YPC) plus a whopping 27 TDs! all this prospect got in 2020 were 3 targets, 1 catch for 14 yards.
    Add Baldy's post (#470) to the mix too. Seems a pretty flagrant under or mis-use of two possible offensive weapons... Bc

For some reason I think its going to be John Ross (not the oil baron). Followed up with a big-body TE to pair with Andrews. Maybe Everett or Ertz or Njoku or Brate. Followed by a WR trade-up target in the draft.

Speedy smurfs with Lamar Jackson between the 20s. Open-when-covered TEs for the third-downs and RZ.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Wasn’t an issue for Jefferson shenault Mooney lamb claypool Higgins Davis ayiuk
    Been hearing that about any rookie that under performed for this team like Queen and yet rookies succeeded elsewhere. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Wiz, that's a possibility, but by mid-season it seemed obvious that Duvernay was explosive.
    He had 895 all-purpose yards on 75 touches (11.9 YPT). Proche was pretty good @ punt returns, but more telling were his final two years @ SMU : 2,424 yards - 204 catches - (11.9 YPC) plus a whopping 27 TDs! all this prospect got in 2020 were 3 targets, 1 catch for 14 yards.
    Add Baldy's post (#470) to the mix too. Seems a pretty flagrant under or mis-use of two possible offensive weapons... Bc
    46% of Duv's touches resulted in a first down....

Sent from my U325AC using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart