Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2021 Free Agent Wide Receivers

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Do you think personnel at receiver is a bigger issue than scheme or ol at this point?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Well, thinking about it, we saw this offense with a great offensive line in 2019, and still ran into issues. It may have been an issue last year, but it was very good the year before and we saw how that went. So, I don’t think that improvement alone will cut it.

There are just too many times when the route combinations don’t utilize the entire field, guys are running routes into the same space and are effectively covered by one defender, route combinations look simplistic. I mean, when Steve Smith Sr. says ‘You two go short and you two go long’ or ‘Two verts and two stops’, when you look at the footage, you can actually see that. So, right off the bat, the scheme isn’t doing the WRs or the QB any real favors. Often times, ‘to me’, it even seemed as though route combinations were used to create running lanes for Lamar.

But, in spite of all that, if you stick Robinson at the X, that’s a game changer. He can beat one on one, he has the sideline awareness, you can trust him to run various routes, he has the hands, Jackson can feel comfortable throwing out there if it’s to him and that may help Jackson play looser and not feel as though he has to do everything himself. It also provides him with easy throws to get warmed up and an emergency outlet.

If we want Jackson to trust his guys then he needs guys he can trust. If we want him to stop playing as if he has to do everything himself, then we need to make it so that he actually doesn’t. If we want him to improve on the consistent effectiveness of his outside throws, we need to give him someone out there who can help.

Robinson solves an array of issues, before we even get into the scheme.

Blog Entries

No matter one’s opinion on Corey Davis, if I’m not mistaken, the highest salary a Ravens WR has ever had in a given season is still less than 10 million. Even a guy like Davis is going to top any thing the Ravens have ever paid to a WR.

So may disagree and that’s understandable, but that’s why I say just go and get the best. Go get Allen Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    No matter one’s opinion on Corey Davis, if I’m not mistaken, the highest salary a Ravens WR has ever had in a given season is still less than 10 million. Even a guy like Davis is going to top any thing the Ravens have ever paid to a WR.

So may disagree and that’s understandable, but that’s why I say just go and get the best. Go get Allen Robinson.
    I would rather conserve some of the money to address the OL. Ideally signing Corey Linsley from GB AND get Davis, i like Davis a lot and think he would pair nicely with Hollywood, kind of a Torrey Boldin duo. It wont matter if we get prime Randy Moss if Lamar cant get comfortable in the pocket
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I would rather conserve some of the money to address the OL. Ideally signing Corey Linsley from GB AND get Davis, i like Davis a lot and think he would pair nicely with Hollywood, kind of a Torrey Boldin duo. It wont matter if we get prime Randy Moss if Lamar cant get comfortable in the pocket
    Not just OL damn near all the outside linebackers may need to be replaced as well and all three of their starting defensive lineman are over 30 and on the last.year of their contracts.
    I'll take Corey Davis and Tyrell William's outside with Hollywood and Duvernay in the slot with an improved OL any day over pouring all their cap space into a $20m wideout.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Everyone on this board is in love with Allen Robinson...it’s fcukin weird already...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Everyone on this board is in love with Allen Robinson...it’s fcukin weird already...
    That's because most people on this board watch NFL football

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Not just OL damn near all the outside linebackers may need to be replaced as well and all three of their starting defensive lineman are over 30 and on the last.year of their contracts.
    I'll take Corey Davis and Tyrell William's outside with Hollywood and Duvernay in the slot with an improved OL any day over pouring all their cap space into a $20m wideout.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Nailed it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Well yeah... he's one of the top 10 WR's football. But I think most of us have also acknowledged he will cost way too much and highly doubt we'll be in on him

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Well yeah... he's one of the top 10 WR's football. But I think most of us have also acknowledged he will cost way too much and highly doubt we'll be in on him
    Damn it why should we want a legit #1 WR, instead let's bring in the next over the hill Jeremy Maclin type. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Damn it why should we want a legit #1 WR, instead let's bring in the next over the hill Jeremy Maclin type. SMH
    That's been this fanbases mindset forever, they want premium talent when it comes to the defense but are fine with the WR core consisting of nothing but JAGs, rookies, and guys ready for the retirement home

I've given up on wrs here

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, thinking about it, we saw this offense with a great offensive line in 2019, and still ran into issues. It may have been an issue last year, but it was very good the year before and we saw how that went. So, I don’t think that improvement alone will cut it.
    Exactly. There's no-one they could possibly add to the line that will be better than Yanda and even he couldn't block all the bodies opponents brought down to stop the run in the playoffs. People are delusional if they imagine it's even possible to build a line that can overcome those kind of defenses.

They have to upgrade the personnel at both O Line and WR if next season is going to end differently.