Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: 2021 Free Agent Wide Receivers

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Yes you are correct. I have no idea how Philly and NWO are going to field teams this year. I do think NWO and Atlanta would be willing to trade Jones and Thomas because they are both going to be rebuilding and can at least get something in return. It would have to be after June 1 due to the dead money and accelerated cap hit prior to June 1. The only way the Ravens get an upgrade at WR is really through a trade because the cost in free agency would be tough on the cap.
    Agreed. The trade compensation won’t be cheap in either case because neither team has much benefit in moving on from their best player. If it helped bail them out of cap jail they would be much more enticed to pick up the phone and accept marginal deals. As of now, they can hold out for a super-offer. They can quickly and adult hang up on lowballs and tell teams to wait until after the draft when they may have use for the savings. There is no tangible, immediate benefit to either NO nor ATL to rush the trades, and if we know the Ravens, they won’t get into a market value bidding war, they will wait for a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Both sets of rumors come from people that don’t understand the cap. Neither is going anywhere.

While I would err on the side of them both staying, you definitely can't say that with absolute certainty.

The Julio rumors have solid sources, Jeremy Fowler is legit and reported that it's been internally 'discussed'. It's just a matter of if any team is going to pony up their asking price on him. I expect their bottom line to be too lofty to get anything done realistically but I guarantee they will field calls on him this offseason to at least test the water.

Thomas is the one that is more speculation and less credible in terms of concrete reports of trade talks... but again would anybody be shocked if they flipped him for picks after the shit show season he had in 2020 and loss of Brees? That's a marriage that is festering. They absolutely do stand to save money by moving him as well. It's again just a matter of somebody loving him enough to pony up a mini-haul of picks for him, don't find that super likely.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    While I would err on the side of them both staying, you definitely can't say that with absolute certainty.

The Julio rumors have solid sources, Jeremy Fowler is legit and reported that it's been internally 'discussed'. It's just a matter of if any team is going to pony up their asking price on him. I expect their bottom line to be too lofty to get anything done realistically but I guarantee they will field calls on him this offseason to at least test the water.

Thomas is the one that is more speculation and less credible in terms of concrete reports of trade talks... but again would anybody be shocked if they flipped him for picks after the shit show season he had in 2020 and loss of Brees? That's a marriage that is festering. They absolutely do stand to save money by moving him as well. It's again just a matter of somebody loving him enough to pony up a mini-haul of picks for him, don't find that super likely.
    Well, in that sense, everything is always for sale it’s just a matter of price. It’s not like either team really benefits from moving their best player in any tangible way besides draft capital: thus, the draft capital is the “only” reason to make the trade so it must be substantial. I would imagine laughing, hanging up on anything that doesn’t begin with multiple firsts for either guy...

Blog Entries

Well, in that sense, everything is always for sale it’s just a matter of price. It’s not like either team really benefits from moving their best player in any tangible way besides draft capital: thus, the draft capital is the “only” reason to make the trade so it must be substantial. I would imagine laughing, hanging up on anything that doesn’t begin with multiple firsts for either guy...

Again, the Saints gain a lot in MUCH needed cap space by trading Thomas, cap space they will need post June 1, seeing as that is your only real contention. Trading him gives them everything they will need to sign their draft picks and ERFAs in order to stay under the cap. And that’s without considering that the guy is on Twitter talking about being stabbed in the back and PFT reporting they’ve had trade talks throughout the year. That team is going to get torn down to the bone for a rebuild and I will be very surprised if Thomas isn’t a part of that teardown. He also isn’t their best player, or even close to being a center piece for a rebuild. His trade value is also a lot lower than it was a couple years ago, for obvious reasons.

I don’t buy the Jones trade ideas though.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Hows his blocking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Problem Solved! And I was worried that the Ravens would just ignore the problem and kick the can down the road. Boys we can all relax - our wide receiving future has been secured

FYI Proche had 1 catch this year. Just checkout his highlights before you share your opinion on our HC. Same thing for over 7 years now...nothing to see here tho.

Quote Originally Posted by NVMR View Post
    FYI Proche had 1 catch this year. Just checkout his highlights before you share your opinion on our HC. Same thing for over 7 years now...nothing to see here tho.
    His highlights in college or as a pro? Cause he basically just caught punts all season.

Out of the draft Proche was one of my top day three WR prospects along with Tyler Johnson and John Hightower. Like the Ravens however I consider my WR eval a weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Enough with the maybe guys who we can try and get cheap. Pay up for Allen Robinson. The guy has been great with crap QBs his whole career. He's a big and physical player who has no problem blocking down field. Robinson was made to be a Raven. Pay the money and get him
    Agreed. Was disappointed we couldn't get him in the draft.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

His highlights from college...and today I was reading up on our mock drafts and see stuff like this: ### WR makes guys miss 99% of the time blah blah blah and this guy had the best hands in all of FB lol I'm like none of this ever matters I read the same thing EVERY YEAR! We don't and won't develop them or even give them a CHANCE to show their talents. It's mind boggling almost like their doing it on purpose...

Why pay ARob to come here and catch 50 balls lol my crystal ball says Ravens make the playoffs on the back of Lamar and the DEF... our opponent takes away the 2 plays we have for ARob; Harbs is dumbfounded we go 1-5 on 4th down and lose by 2 points.

I think both of those trades are a lot more reachable than somebody offering multiple 1sts. 2021 1st and 2022 2nd seems like plenty to think about for either Julio or MT

With Brees gone I don't see substantial value in MT sticking around and being a headache in a down year.... and in a rebuild with a younger Calvin Ridley emerging as a WR1 I don't see substantial value in Julio

There's a solid case to move on for some high picks in both situations

If I were a betting man I would say both stay, but wouldn't be surprised at all if either are dealt