Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ceiling

Blog Entries

Re: The Ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    (a) Let's not forget Justin Tucker missed 2 first-half FGs that would have given us the lead going into the 3rd quarter.
    (b) R4R I do agree with you that LJ8 hadn't put up points earlier and that INT (returned for a TD) really broke the Ravens back as we were seemingly going to tie the score.

An ugly offensive game all-around for our Ravens... Bc
    yup. It takes a perfect storm to make it to the SB and wasn't in the cards this year.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-te-a...l-for-the-fire

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Weapons matter. I know we say it all the time but it’s so true. Look what happened to Watson’s numbers when he lost Hopkins. Let’s look at some of the weapons in the playoffs here:

Tyreek Hill
    Travis Kelce
    Stefon Diggs
    Michael Thomas
    DeVante Adams

These are the weapons great QBs get paired with across the league. I don’t know when we’ll ever get a player like that. It seems to haunt this franchise like nothing else. No pass catcher on this team, not even Andrews or Hollywood, can consistently win reps and bail out the QB.
    Watson actually had the best season of his career without Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    How many WRs here go somewhere else and go off? Answer: none ever. We’re just not hitting on the picks. If DaVante Adams was drafted here he’d be a baller just like he is in GB.
    Perriman is certainly doing better in New York than here. Although he’s not a world beater by any stretch. It’s all a “what if” though. We have no magic/crystal ball to see alternate dimensions to actually be able to say that Davante Adams would actually be the same in this offense. I can say with almost certainty that Davante Adam’s would not be the same player without Rodgers throwing him the ball. But that’s IMO.

Another what if would be how much does this organization just outright tanks the value of any of these receivers we even draft? Who wants to pick up WR’s that average 12 catches a year for 200 yards when we eventually let them go?

The ceiling will be limited until Lamar can consistently and reliably pass outside the numbers. Until then it will be too easy to defend the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Actually, your point of just assuming this team would 100% score 14 points when they managed 3 points for 3 quarters is idiotic, if anything.

You list a bunch of excuses for why the Ravens didn’t score points as if that somehow negates them not scoring the points.

Last I checked, you have to make FG’s to get 3 points. You have to not make horrific passes that don’t get returned for 6 points to get the 6 points for a touchdown pass.

I don’t give a shit if they gained 1500 yards on offense. They don’t give out points for moving the ball.
    More low IQ posts. So are you saying Lamar was for sure going to throw another pick in the end zone? The actual chances of that are 0.

Are saying if a team only scores 3 points on the first 3 qtrs it’s impossible to score touchdowns in the 4th?

Do you realize how stupid that is?

It doesn't really make sense to say that the Ravens "almost" had a lot more points because so did the Bills. IIRC Bills receivers dropped at least one TD pass in the end zone, they missed a FG of their own, and Allen just barely missed on at least one deep TD as well. If you're going to give points for effort it goes both ways

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    It doesn't really make sense to say that the Ravens "almost" had a lot more points because so did the Bills. IIRC Bills receivers dropped at least one TD pass in the end zone, they missed a FG of their own, and Allen just barely missed on at least one deep TD as well. If you're going to give points for effort it goes both ways
    Who said that? The 2 low iq posters are in this thread lol.

If Lamar plays the 4th we score more points. Period.

Josh Allen played the entire 4th and score 0 points

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Watson actually had the best season of his career without Hopkins
    Winning 4 games is the best season?

You think empty calorie numbers is better than winning?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    More low IQ posts. So are you saying Lamar was for sure going to throw another pick in the end zone? The actual chances of that are 0.

Are saying if a team only scores 3 points on the first 3 qtrs it’s impossible to score touchdowns in the 4th?

Do you realize how stupid that is?
    The chances of him throwing another pick in the endzone are 0? When he already had done it earlier in the game? But he was going to score two touchdowns when he had previously scored none?

I’m making the low IQ posts? Lol

I also never said it was impossible if you’d like to go back and read what I actually wrote. But it seems your reading comprehension is lacking.

It’s called making educated assumptions from what you have in front of you. This offense scored 3 points with Lamar at QB. 3 in 45 minutes.

The chances of him scoring 14 points in 15 minutes while the other team doesn’t score at all again is statistically low. Exactly what I said.

But carry on with your crusade trying to rationalize actual statistics to whatever you are trying to prove.

Holy shit are you clueless. Did you ever think Josh Allen didn’t even need to try to score more points because of how inept our offense was?

I know these are big brain thoughts for you but dear lord. See yourself out if you can’t form a proper argument.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    The ceiling will be limited until Lamar can consistently and reliably pass outside the numbers. Until then it will be too easy to defend the passing game.
    This right here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This is idiotic. We were “close to scoring” 3 different times.

The pick 6 was a pass into the end zone. 2 missed field goals.

We were moving the all fairly well. So the idea we couldn’t score in the 4th is retarded and stupid.

Titans scored 14 in the 3rd and only 3 points the other 3 qtrs. We couldn’t score 14 in the 4th? Your logic doesn’t even make sense.

Learn football kid

Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg