Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ceiling

The Ceiling

I'm going to probably regurgitate lots of stuff in other threads....I don't know if Lamar will ever win the big game, but I would at least like to give him enough weapons and protection before I say the Ravens have reached a ceiling with his play. He is a great kid, the most dynamic runner since Gale Sayers, and super competitive; however, he sometimes gets in his own way by trying to do much on his own.

What I believe is though is that with Harbaugh the team and organization has reached a ceiling. He's a decent coach. Another team would pick him up in a minute if he was let go ; however, without Lewis and Reed he hasn't done much. In fact but for Lamar he wouldn't have made the post season the last three years.

From his doghouse, to keeping coordinators to long, to making questionable personnel decisions and poor game management, to undisciplined play have become a norm since the super bowl and the locker room purge. Harbaugh's loyalty to various non performing players and coaches continue to hurt this organization. We will continue to see the same each year as we have since 2012.

Making the playoffs is great. We were expected to do so this year. Playing undisciplined and schematically flawed football on the big stage is disappointing. We lost last night because of poor execution and poor in game adjustments. For national writers to suggest we were dominated defensively is absolutely wrong. We beat ourselves which has been the narrative with Harbaugh's post super teams.

Hats off to Wink Martindale. His defense played lights out since the Browns game without a pass rush. Roman called some decent games this year but too often failed to make in-game adjustments when games were on the line. Our offense could have scored had it changed the tempo through out the game and used more quick passes to the flat. I don't recall seeing the Ravens move the pocket at all yesterday.

I think we are at the ceiling with our coach. Lets get our QB some receivers and some route trees worth a shit.

Re: The Ceiling

Lamar couldn’t win the big game because he was injured in the 3rd qtr. We don’t know what would have happened if he had not get injured.

Why doesnt anyone mention that important fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Lamar couldn’t win the big game because he was injured in the 3rd qtr. We don’t know what would have happened if he had not get injured.

Why doesnt anyone mention that important fact?
    Because they had a whopping 3 points prior to that? Points don’t just magically appear on the scoreboard. The team actually has to acquire them through good play. Something that we were nowhere close to doing.

Was there a chance they could have put up 14 points in the 4th quarter? Yes.

But those chances were minuscule with how they looked the first 3 quarters.

Weapons matter. I know we say it all the time but it’s so true. Look what happened to Watson’s numbers when he lost Hopkins. Let’s look at some of the weapons in the playoffs here:

Tyreek Hill
    Travis Kelce
    Stefon Diggs
    Michael Thomas
    DeVante Adams

These are the weapons great QBs get paired with across the league. I don’t know when we’ll ever get a player like that. It seems to haunt this franchise like nothing else. No pass catcher on this team, not even Andrews or Hollywood, can consistently win reps and bail out the QB.

Agree. Replace Harbaugh with a coach who can actually coach and help us win. Wink can stay. Replace Roman with someone who can run a passing system.

Unfortunately the owner is BFFs so this is a moot point.

I think it will take another year of getting exposed in the playoffs until we replace Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Weapons matter. I know we say it all the time but it’s so true. Look what happened to Watson’s numbers when he lost Hopkins. Let’s look at some of the weapons in the playoffs here:

Tyreek Hill
    Travis Kelce
    Stefon Diggs
    Michael Thomas
    DeVante Adams

These are the weapons great QBs get paired with across the league. I don’t know when we’ll ever get a player like that. It seems to haunt this franchise like nothing else. No pass catcher on this team, not even Andrews or Hollywood, can consistently win reps and bail out the QB.
    Are any of these weapons even first round draft picks? It seems these “weapons” are either scouted or molded into weapons with great QB’s.

Something this team lacks both of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Because they had a whopping 3 points prior to that? Points don’t just magically appear on the scoreboard. The team actually has to acquire them through good play. Something that we were nowhere close to doing.

This is idiotic. We were “close to scoring” 3 different times.

The pick 6 was a pass into the end zone. 2 missed field goals.

We were moving the all fairly well. So the idea we couldn’t score in the 4th is retarded and stupid.

Titans scored 14 in the 3rd and only 3 points the other 3 qtrs. We couldn’t score 14 in the 4th? Your logic doesn’t even make sense.

Learn football kid

Your expected to win in Baltimore with below average offensive support.

It comes with the contract.

Lamar needs a Shanahan/ Kubiak scheme, roman is ass

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    This is idiotic. We were “close to scoring” 3 different times.

The pick 6 was a pass into the end zone. 2 missed field goals.

We were moving the all fairly well. So the idea we couldn’t score in the 4th is retarded and stupid.
    Actually, your point of just assuming this team would 100% score 14 points when they managed 3 points for 3 quarters is idiotic, if anything.

You list a bunch of excuses for why the Ravens didn’t score points as if that somehow negates them not scoring the points.

Last I checked, you have to make FG’s to get 3 points. You have to not make horrific passes that don’t get returned for 6 points to get the 6 points for a touchdown pass.

I don’t give a shit if they gained 1500 yards on offense. They don’t give out points for moving the ball.

Blog Entries

(a) Let's not forget Justin Tucker missed 2 first-half FGs that would have given us the lead going into the 3rd quarter.
    (b) R4R I do agree with you that LJ8 hadn't put up points earlier and that INT (returned for a TD) really broke the Ravens back as we were seemingly going to tie the score.

An ugly offensive game all-around for our Ravens... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    (a) Let's not forget Justin Tucker missed 2 first-half FGs that would have given us the lead going into the 3rd quarter.
    (b) R4R I do agree with you that LJ8 hadn't put up points earlier and that INT (returned for a TD) really broke the Ravens back as we were seemingly going to tie the score.

An ugly offensive game all-around for our Ravens... Bc
    Like I said above, to earn points, you have to make FG’s. Both kicks were ugly as hell by Tucker. Who is to say he doesn’t shank more? And didn’t the Bills miss some FG’s?

We needed two touchdowns. You really believe we had a chance of scoring a touchdown with what we were displaying on offense last night? I sure in the hell dont.

Like I said, there was a chance we scored 14 points last night. A small as hell chance. But that’s also saying in some far off ridiculous fantasy land that the Bills somehow didn’t score on us again.

Are any of these weapons even first round draft picks? It seems these “weapons” are either scouted or molded into weapons with great QB’s.

Something this team lacks both of.
    How many WRs here go somewhere else and go off? Answer: none ever. We’re just not hitting on the picks. If DaVante Adams was drafted here he’d be a baller just like he is in GB.