Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Among the offensive coaching failures this one is getting overlooked

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I agree - the Ravens should no huddle a lot more than they do, especially when they have a superior run game. Defenses are going to have to leave in their run-stoppers in and that would open up the passing game a little bit more as get the DL gets tired and less likely to be effective pass rushers.
    Beyond that it just works. This offense moves so much better when they are up tempo. I think it keeps LJ from thinking too much.

let lamar cook

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I also didn't like the tempo of the game. Notice how in the two minute drill they drove right down the field. Why this team is so adverse to picking up the pace on offense is beyond me
    We've always done well with hurry up and sugar huddle. Flacco was normally fantastic while in a sugar huddle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    God Yes!

Same as 2008 - present

Slow play calling. Fucking terrible. Another thing Ex is right about.

Which position did he take on the nose guard nose tackle again? I think we might need to revisit it...
    This is now two QBs who play better at an up-tempo pace, stop over-thinking and let it flow. They have more control at the LOS and show that they are capable of handling the responsibility.

Yet, since it doesn’t mesh well with the ball control desires of John Schembechler.......

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I also didn't like the tempo of the game. Notice how in the two minute drill they drove right down the field. Why this team is so adverse to picking up the pace on offense is beyond me
    I've been preaching this for a while and started a thread about it. It defies logic when you see his two minute drills which are really successful coupled with the second half of the Colts game.

Lamar is golden when he's playing fast reactionary football. He doesn't let his mind over think the situation because he's simply going from play to play in rapid fire. Defenses can't slow him down when they're on their heels. It makes too much sense so Gro doesn't use it after the Colts