Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ex was right

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Ex was right

That is all.

Were seeing the exact same QB killing lack of aggressive passing game.

From the game thread.

"My 6 year old, who is asleep right now, can probably run this offense as well."

Blog Entries

Re: Ex was right

They are true #1 wide receiver in the worst way. Allen Robinson should be the priority this offseason. 102 catches for 1250 yards and 6 TDs playing with Trubisky and Foles and other other scrubs. It was great seeing the improvement in Josh Allen from last year to this but lets be honest. The biggest single factor in that improvement was Diggs. Allen went from pieces of WR corp with John Brown and Cole Beasley to a complete WR corp with the addition of Diggs. We're the before. Hollywood is a piece. Andrews is a piece. Snead is a piece. None of them are can be the #1 WR but they can certainly compliment and thrive if they had that guy.

We don't have to trade for Allen Robinson. He's a free agent and it's going to come down to money. Instead of $17 million for a complimentary pass rusher pay for the WR, bring back Bowser and McPhee, and look for some pass rush in the draft. Maybe they can find another vet on the cheap like McPhee was. Space is an issue and they are going to have to make a choice. Choose the elite WR for once.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They are true #1 wide receiver in the worst way. Allen Robinson should be the priority this offseason. 102 catches for 1250 yards and 6 TDs playing with Trubisky and Foles and other other scrubs. It was great seeing the improvement in Josh Allen from last year to this but lets be honest. The biggest single factor in that improvement was Diggs. Allen went from pieces of WR corp with John Brown and Cole Beasley to a complete WR corp with the addition of Diggs. We're the before. Hollywood is a piece. Andrews is a piece. Snead is a piece. None of them are can be the #1 WR but they can certainly compliment and thrive if they had that guy.

We don't have to trade for Allen Robinson. He's a free agent and it's going to come down to money. Instead of $17 million for a complimentary pass rusher pay for the WR, bring back Bowser and McPhee, and look for some pass rush in the draft. Maybe they can find another vet on the cheap like McPhee was. Space is an issue and they are going to have to make a choice. Choose the elite WR for once.
    Him and golloday both then draft three interior oline players.

Forget defense, if you can't score points and quickly in the playoffs you won't win

We need to address the C/WR positions and change the philosophy on offense. Protect your QB and really open up the passing game next year. It has to happen as this style of offense has peaked. We need to challenge Lamar to grow as a passing threat and give him all the weapons around him to be successful. I think a new OC is needed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They will have to recklessly overpay for Robinson.

Why would he come here with other options that actually do and can throw the ball? He's not coming here on a basic market deal to catch 55 passes and run block all game.

The approach to our passing game HAS to change first.

Oh...and Yes, Ex was 100% right early last year, even as we were running roughshod through the league offensively.

We are essentially the rushing version of the Run and Shoot offense. You need balance.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 01-17-2021 at 10:49 AM.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Why would he come here with other options that actually do and can throw the ball? He's not coming here on a basic market deal to catch 55 passes and run block all game.

Yeah I have been of the opinion they will probably have to trade for a legit guy because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Yeah I have been of the opinion they will probably have to trade for a legit guy because of this.
    Yeah they will have to trade or draft their WR's or drastically, and I mean drastically overpay if they want a legit UFA guy.

Edit...I don't even know if trading for a big name guy is the answer, I just don't see those guys wanting to come here...this is the only team in the league that has it's fanbase get mad when they throw the ball at all.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 01-17-2021 at 11:26 AM.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    That is all.

Were seeing the exact same QB killing lack of aggressive passing game.

From the game thread.

"My 6 year old, who is asleep right now, can probably run this offense as well."
    honestly what did Steve Smith say that most of us Ravens fan can see and have mentioned for long time now.

Look at the passing play formations the ravens run and then compare it to other teams and its like watching rec league vs NFL.

Last night the TD the Bills scored, yes it was poor coverage by Ravens but when do we ever see them run a play like that? Never

You constantly see teams like the Steelers, Packers run plays like that.

Face it, nothing is going to change until they blow this coaching staff up and that wont be happening.
    The owner will blame it on Covid or something else that makes no sense

Any year where a team with this much resources gets bounced from the playoffs after scoring only 3 points and the Browns are going further into the playoffs something should be done but it wont.

Agree. This isn't like the old days where you could win games 9-3 or 10-6 with stellar defense and no offense. If you can't score in crunch time you're never going to the promised land.

It will ONLY CHANGE when Biscotti loses his mancrush.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    It will ONLY CHANGE when Biscotti loses his mancrush.
    I agree 100% and I dont see any change coming with that.

There are alot of threads, we know Decosta reads these boards but not too much discussion on the fix starting with the Owner making the right decision to fix this team

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Oh...and Yes, Ex was 100% right early last year, even as we were running roughshod through the league offensively.

We are essentially the rushing version of the Run and Shoot offense. You need balance.
    Look at what DHop did in a similar offense. A true number one would make this offense impossible to stop. Defenses would then have to choose, do I stack the box and leave my corners 1v1 on a guy that is going to eat? Allen Robinson would absolutely get 80-85 catches in this offense or the running g game will run rough shod over everyone. At times last night there were 10 guys within 10 yards of the LOS. A guy like Diggs or ARob would absolutely feast against that look. Either slants to the house or 9 routes. If you had a guy that defenses were afraid of then you would be running against 7-8 man fronts instead of 9-and 10.

Leslie Frazier stopped this offense by shooting LBs as the OL were engaged with the DL. They couldn't get the combo blocks because the LBs were coming as soon as they engaged the DL. GRo adjustment was to hit Snead in the vacated area (they didn't do this nearly enough) Snead would get 5-6 yards and a true 1 would get 10-12 yards and occasionally it would be a house call.

Afain I think the Lamar can't throw narrative is way overblown. Does he occasionally miss a throw absolutely he does. Of the plays were called more i think he would hit them more consistently. I actually think a 1 would come here for. Market value deal and I think a 1would flourish in this offense because DC would have to be cognizant of the run 1st.