Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Jackson or Greg Roman?

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    It's a tough call, you want to keep continuity when possible. I hate switching OC's on a young QB.... but I really do question if the offense can ever evolve even with better WR's in Roman's scheme
    Listen to top NFL WRs, what do they say?

Plus your line spends so much time run blocking they don't have the proper training or practice to pass block.

Roman's ability (or lack thereof) to develop the passing Offense puts a cap on Lamar's development. He ran a more complicated passing game in college than he's running now smh

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, after Lamar leaves in Free Agency, are you giving the new QB to Harbaugh or is he gone as well by then in your scenario?
    Trade Harbaugh and Roman to the Jets for flipping draft classes. Ravens get all Jets picks, Jets get all Ravens Picks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    But Roman is the best at running QB into the ground and getting lots of wins. If the plan is to ruin Lamar into the ground, you'll get the most wins out of Roman by doing that.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Exactly.

The passing game coordinator we have is right out of Andy Reids tree and yet the route concepts/passing scheme is the same as it ever was. I've had my doubts about Roman's ability to develop a decent passing game and I had hoped Culley would have enough of an influence to mitigate those concerns. Nope

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I had hoped that David Culley could help as well but that doesn't mean he was the right guy. It also doesn't mean he was the wrong guy either. The Ravens just need to really focus on developing the passing game and maybe that wasn't the main focus last off season after the season The Ravens had in 2019.

Blog Entries

I don’t know where to start ......

1) Lamar is a very streaky football player. When the team is ahead and/or he’s playing confident he blows teams (usually the bad ones)out.

2) When the games are tight he makes boneheaded mistakes. Forgetting about last year for a minute, he was intercepted twice in two weeks when the game was close. The picks weren’t bad luck or circumstances like a tipped balls. They were god awful throws!

3) The Bills came into the game telling everyone that they were going to take away the run. They bunched the center of the field and blitzed like crazy. For a fast guy he sure does get sacked a lot in big games! When teams do what the Bills did last night guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers pick they apart with the quick passes in the short and intermediate range. They begged Lamar to beat them and he simply couldn’t. It’s interesting to me that Huntley was able to attack their defense with those passes and be successful despite little experience, very little preparation, and little time to warm up before going in.

I’ve said up to now and guys scoffed that Lamar’s high winning streak in the regular season and the MVP was great. But, the passing success hinges on the run being successful.

4) I don’t know if it’s that he’s putting too much pressure on himself and choking or thinking on his feet that he doesn’t do well. Obviously with his feet he excels at a super human level on the run first plays. But, when you take that away he’s pedestrian.

5) Ismail said after the game.... I’m quoting the best I can by memory, “ Lamar does some things great but obviously has holes in his game, those things are starting to be written in permanent ink rather than Just in pencil.

You simply can’t extend a guy for mega money unless he’s elite!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Well one thing is for sure Justice Hill should not be the back blocking when the OLINE is letting everything up the middle. At least have Ricard blocking shit.

Harbs failed to have the players motivated and sure as shit did not get Roman to get his head out of his own ass. They even said it on TV. Screen passes. Round HOLE SQUARE PEG. jeesh.
    Justice Hill was in on at least two critical third down plays late in the game and they targeted him once. This is bananas crazy. Give him a token play early and then get him on ST.

Best Roman can ever do is come close like when we killed him in the SB.

Blog Entries

We really need a better passing game coordinator.

G-Ro puts together a damn good rushing attack. But we need someone that can introduce more innovative passing routes and concepts.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Easier to find a OC who can bring a passing game out of the archaic ages than it is to find a QB like Lamar. Lamar has his flaws throwing, but I still think he is such an incredible talent that there's no way you give up on him for a while.

Unfortunately, in order for Roman to not be here next year, a team will have to do us a solid like the Lions did when we had Caldwell.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Roman has to go. This offense with Lamar’s talent can run all over the lesser teams. But it will not get past playoff caliber teams. They lost twice to a Steelers team that just was never really that good. The Kurt Warner video that is floating around is pretty damning. Roman was run out of Buffalo and San Fran for a reason. He can coordinate a run game, but not a total offensive package. He’s the reason I don’t care for hiring retreads that were fired multiple times.

None of the coaching stuff matters if Lamar can’t consistently and accurately throw outside the numbers. If he can’t or won’t do that then there is always going to be a cap on the passing game.

Need a better OL and some better receivers. Run game is fine but that’s all they can do and that’s the problem. I say bring a new offensive coordinator with better WR and OL. All this will make Lamar way better against good teams like the Bills. Pretty easy.