Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar Jackson or Greg Roman?

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    Dump Roman. The passing game is keystone cops bad. How many times do they end up with 2 receivers in the same spot? Awful.

They won't do it though. #1 rushing offense, no way Harbs is giving that up
    It's not an easy decision. They've lost about 7 games since 2018 with Lamar as Qb in this offense. Hard for an Organization to pull the plug on that type of success. But it's painfully obvious after 3 bad playoff losses that they can't win with this in the postseason

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Lamar mechanics went backward this year, and if he wants a big extension, he's going to have to show improvement and more consistency next year. That said, I'd get rid of Roman. This version of the offense is not going to get us to the next level and it's only going to get worse as Lamar's athletic skills decline. Might as well rip the band-aid off
    Totally agree. Lamar isn’t going to get any better as a runner, so that leaves improving as a passer. Roman isn’t the OC to help him get there. Lamar is as good as he will ever be under Roman. They need a creative coach who can scheme a good passing offense.

What an incredible situation Harbaugh has with the Ravens. When things go well, he gets the credit and Bisciotti throws millions of dollars at him. When things go poorly, he just hires new coordinators. It’s NEVER Harbaugh’s fault. Great gig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    If Lamar didn't throw that INT, the Ravens would've won, on to the next round.

But that's all it was. The Bills are a good team and, except for the one crushing play, the Ravens played about the same, probably a little better.
    That's a weak argument. The game was only close because the defense were playing at an incredible Superbowl worthy level. With any kind of offensive production, the last two games would have been blow-outs and we'd be going to KC full of confidence.

I know you love the run game and running QBs but these last two games have showed us the limit of that system; if you don't punish them with passes, even a bad run defenses can slow/ almost stop the run game if they commit enough bodies to it.

Roman has shown he can't develop the passing side of the sysytem, and without the element of surprise, his offense will get progressively worse. Next season we'll see the Titans/Bills blueprint every week. We better hope the defense keeps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    If Roman could implement a passing game, he would've done it by now. Why was he run out of SF and Buffalo?

We can't expect anything to change if we make no changes. Let's see how Lamar does with someone with a more balanced offensive attack.

He got ran out of San Francisco because Jim Harbaugh was fired and he got fired by The Buffalo Bills because Rex Ryan was on the hot seat and needed a scape goat. In other words none of his previous coaching experience with The 49ers or Bills is telling on how good of coordinator Roman has been. Roman run game and the way he uses tightends is so awesome. In this game against The Bills you could tell that The Bills would have had trouble stopping the run if only the passing game was more successful.

If i'm The Ravens i'm really just looking for a better passing game coordinator to help develop the passing game with Greg Roman because this offense is not bad at all. Roman also has only been a coordinator for The Ravens for two years. I think he deserves a chance to have a offseason to focus on advancing his passing concepts and I don't think he is stubborn enough to accept or do that especially if John Harbaugh makes that a main focus.

Quote Originally Posted by DelaWhereRaven View Post
    Did Jackson play his best game? No. But you need to start with the guys up front. Lamar was running for his life on every play. How many bad snaps did you count? That happened all season. Wind was a major factor but both teams had to deal with it. The play before the game changing INT might of been the most horrific pass protection I’ve ever seen, should of been and easy touchdown. This is what happens when you lose one of the best LT in the game and have to start a rookie converted guard at tackle. We’ve been rotating guys at center bc no one can actually do the number one job requirement which is snap the fucking ball. To look at this game and put it all on Lamar is just being lazy.
    All? Who said all?

Most? Damn straight, again make all the mental gymnastics you want but until Lamar threw his only Td pass of the game when he hit Taren Johnson right between the numbers we were in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    He got ran out of San Francisco because Jim Harbaugh was fired and he got fired by The Buffalo Bills because Rex Ryan was on the hot seat and needed a scape goat. In other words none of his previous coaching experience with The 49ers or Bills is telling on how good of coordinator Roman has been. Roman run game and the way he uses tightends is so awesome. In this game against The Bills you could tell that The Bills would have had trouble stopping the run if only the passing game was more successful.

If i'm The Ravens i'm really just looking for a better passing game coordinator to help develop the passing game with Greg Roman because this offense is not bad at all.
    I think this approach is doomed to fail because Roman will retain final authority esp with playcalling, but sadly the most likely outcome.

I think this approach is doomed to fail because Roman will retain final authority esp with playcalling, but sadly the most likely outcome.

it could be but Roman doensn't give me the vibe that he's too stubborn to change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    All? Who said all?

Most? Damn straight, again make all the mental gymnastics you want but until Lamar threw his only Td pass of the game when he hit Taren Johnson right between the numbers we were in this game.

and honestly the play before was the scoring play if they had just blocked it up. and I still see those images of Andrews WIDE OPEN in the end zone. is that coaching?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, what’s it gonna be folks? The two-three year window several posters knew we’d have to make it work with this offense has just about passed. Do you want Lamar to reach his ceiling as a passer or do you want this offense? Which one do you want? You can’t have both.
    Lamar - axe Roman, maybe even Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Roman might be fools gold

I look at how Duvernay was used this year and just roll my eyes. Absolute waste of talent in his offense, this WR core was weak but Roman absolutely failed at making the best out of what he had
    Roman must go

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, what’s it gonna be folks? The two-three year window several posters knew we’d have to make it work with this offense has just about passed. Do you want Lamar to reach his ceiling as a passer or do you want this offense? Which one do you want? You can’t have both.
    Do you trust the greatest WR to play for the Ravens, Steve Smith?

Watch this video

"My 6 year old, who is asleep right now, can probably run this offense as well."

"I think Greg Roman probably needs to start looking for a new job."

Exactly.

The passing game coordinator we have is right out of Andy Reids tree and yet the route concepts/passing scheme is the same as it ever was. I've had my doubts about Roman's ability to develop a decent passing game and I had hoped Culley would have enough of an influence to mitigate those concerns. Nope

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk