Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar Jackson or Greg Roman?

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Then cut every receiver then because they also didn't produce.
    Brown says hello

2. Re: Lamar Jackson or Greg Roman?

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Roman might be fools gold

I look at how Duvernay was used this year and just roll my eyes. Absolute waste of talent in his offense, this WR core was weak but Roman absolutely failed at making the best out of what he had
    If Lamar didn't throw that INT, the Ravens would've won, on to the next round.

Nothing else but that is really relevant. Duvernay could've caught passes that went elsewhere, and, still, if Lamar didn't throw that INT the Ravens win. Unless you can explain in what way Duvernay

I've said a number of times before that the Ravens need to avoid big mistakes in the pass game. I've said that run run run punt is fine. run run run run run points is better. The Ravens are good enough to go run then points enough times to win. Catastrophic mistakes in the pass game cause losses. That's what happened last year. And it's what happened this year.

Generally red zone passes are not pick 6s, and it was just bad luck or something to go -7 when it should've been +7.

But that's all it was. The Bills are a good team and, except for the one crushing play, the Ravens played about the same, probably a little better.

The oline is a bigger problem than WRs.

3. Re: Lamar Jackson or Greg Roman?

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    Yeah, the Buffalo Bills' offense wasn't explosive at all this year, nor did they win a playoff game for the first time in 25 years — let alone make the AFC Championship. Clearly, they got WORSE since Greg Roman left, I guess . . .
    You don't know when Greg Roman left the Bills.

The Bills had (almost) 2 full years of Tyrod Taylor and Anthony Lynn after Greg Roman. And the year after that, the Bills got worse in Josh Allens first year.

When talking about Greg Roman with the Bills, we're comparing Greg Roman with Tyrod Taylor for about 1 year with Tyrod Taylor without Greg Roman for about 2 years.

We're not comparing Roman + Taylor in 2015 to Josh Allen in 2020.

In 2015, the Bills were the top rushing team, and they had a .500 record, Roman goes, then were the top rushing team again, then they weren't, and were .500 over that period. So, the Bills didn't get better in the 2 years after Roman went, and they got worse for a year after Taylor, then better.

Well one thing is for sure Justice Hill should not be the back blocking when the OLINE is letting everything up the middle. At least have Ricard blocking shit.

Harbs failed to have the players motivated and sure as shit did not get Roman to get his head out of his own ass. They even said it on TV. Screen passes. Round HOLE SQUARE PEG. jeesh.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

I hope Lamar actually hires a QB coach for this off season. A actual coach who have experience playing the QB position.

I understand he’s loyal to his childhood friend, but there’s only so much a HS English teacher can teach you about playing the quarterback position.

The insane mental gymnastics to blame anyone but Lamar is laughable to me.

He reached, or likely surpasses his ceiling a s a passer last year. Keep Roman, ride it out, run him into the ground, perhaps Frqnchise him once and cast him aside to be someone’s backup elsewhere after we get the “best” from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    If Roman could implement a passing game, he would've done it by now. Why was he run out of SF and Buffalo?

We can't expect anything to change if we make no changes. Let's see how Lamar does with someone with a more balanced offensive attack.
    Oh! This one's easy! Because Harbaugh was fired, and then because Ryan was about to be fired so he tried to save himself.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Well one thing is for sure Justice Hill should not be the back blocking when the OLINE is letting everything up the middle. At least have Ricard blocking shit.

Harbs failed to have the players motivated and sure as shit did not get Roman to get his head out of his own ass. They even said it on TV. Screen passes. Round HOLE SQUARE PEG. jeesh.
    I have been saying this for months now. Every time Justice HIll and Boykin see the field its a liability.

Why in the hell was Hill on the field blocking near the goal line? You mean to tell me Skura wouldnt have been a better option????

This is where it 100% falls on Harbaugh and Roman. Who designed the formation and players? the coaches

You have the smallest RB and player in Hill on the field blocking a defense that was killing it up the middle all night, Why????

Blog Entries

Lamar Jackson or Greg Roman?

Roman’s passing play design sucks. Even on the quick pass in the flat to Ricard, they had Gus stay in to block and threw the ball to Ricard. Why not the other way around? Gus could run with ball after the catch.

The check down pass to the RB used to be a staple of the Ravens offense. How about now, but do it quickly.

Those short passes the Ravens used on the drive to get into the red zone were there all game, but they just started going to them in the third quarter.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The insane mental gymnastics to blame anyone but Lamar is laughable to me.

He reached, or likely surpasses his ceiling a s a passer last year. Keep Roman, ride it out, run him into the ground, perhaps Frqnchise him once and cast him aside to be someone’s backup elsewhere after we get the “best” from him.

Did Jackson play his best game? No. But you need to start with the guys up front. Lamar was running for his life on every play. How many bad snaps did you count? That happened all season. Wind was a major factor but both teams had to deal with it. The play before the game changing INT might of been the most horrific pass protection I’ve ever seen, should of been and easy touchdown. This is what happens when you lose one of the best LT in the game and have to start a rookie converted guard at tackle. We’ve been rotating guys at center bc no one can actually do the number one job requirement which is snap the fucking ball. To look at this game and put it all on Lamar is just being lazy.

Dump Roman. The passing game is keystone cops bad. How many times do they end up with 2 receivers in the same spot? Awful.

They won't do it though. #1 rushing offense, no way Harbs is giving that up

Lamar mechanics went backward this year, and if he wants a big extension, he's going to have to show improvement and more consistency next year. That said, I'd get rid of Roman. This version of the offense is not going to get us to the next level and it's only going to get worse as Lamar's athletic skills decline. Might as well rip the band-aid off