Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar Jackson or Greg Roman?

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Don’t worry, most people reading know who the stupid one is here
    lol you aint lying

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Baldy it's 2021 try.something different for a change.
    pot meet kettle jazz LOL

maybe @OC has the number but doesnt anyone know how much we threw deep?

seems like we are seeing less throws deep compared to prior years. when we had torrey we took a few shots deep every game. now we have a guy that might be faster and doesnt seem like we even try it.
    even to just stretch the D.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    pot meet kettle jazz LOL
    Nah I don't get on here to play games or laugh at other Ravens fans opinions. We not buddies and we don't know each other. So I don't know why you playing with me or laughing at my opinion like I'm a comedian or something. Play with someone else not me but at the same time I ain't gonna allow your silly ways to take me out of character. It ain't nothing personal but I hope it's understood..Respect to you though but carry on with your silly ways but know I ain't entertaining it no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Nah I don't get on here to play games or laugh at other Ravens fans opinions. We not buddies and we don't know each other. So I don't know why you playing with me or laughing at my opinion like I'm a comedian or something. Play with someone else not me but at the same time I ain't gonna allow your silly ways to take me out of character. It ain't nothing personal but I hope it's understood..Respect to you though but carry on with your silly ways but know I ain't entertaining it no more.
    just love hearing your ravens love. great PR and best part its free. much love

6. Re: Lamar Jackson or Greg Roman?

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    You don't know when Greg Roman left the Bills.
    I knew precisely when he left. You didn't specify time frames, just said they got worse, which in the short term was true. Eventually, things worked out for the better. Sometimes it takes some down years to eventually get to where you want to go. I'd almost be for that right now versus the same old results when sticking with this dude, similar to how Cam Cameron overstayed his welcome by several seasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    They'll never get it.

They refuse to accept Roman's scheme always runs its course. It only works if you have an elite run game and elite defense to bleed clock.

We are 1 dimensional, more so than maybe any other team in the playoffs. We cannot win, if we have to play a drop back passing game

You could argue Cleveland and tenn are in similar situations but at least they have elite skill players.

Roman and this offense will continue to be a good offense in the regular season 9 to 12 wins every year.

And every year in the playoffs teams will force us to a drip back game where Roman's scheme is flat out ass, our weapons are below average as a whole at best, and our qb is either fantastic or shit.
    It’s interesting to think about how so many people stressed the importance of not becoming some one dimensional passing team.

We’re now a one dimensional running team, yielding the same playoff results that a contingent of posters here used to poke at from passing teams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Add Baldy to the evergrowing list of analyst that recognize the limitations of Greg Roman's Offense

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1350841975533154306
    And part of the reason why Brown was open was likely, because the tape shows where the ball is more likely to go in that scenario. Just because Lamar sometimes forces it to Brown, doesn’t mean he does it in every spot. The only reason for them to keep leaving Brown open is because they are convinced that if they pack the box, the ball’s not going there when they run that play. Lamar sees the stacked box and is ready to look outside, where they are luring him into a pass for a minimal gain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Also this video seems to be an indictment of Lamar not Roman. “Roman drew up a play where Hollywood Brown was wide open 4 times and he only got the ball once.” Sounds like guys are open Lamar just has to see it.
    I think the issue is that defenses know that, if the Ravens run that play, and they give a certain packed look, they know where the ball is going to go. However, as often as Roman runs that play, he isn’t seeing that, and him running the same plays over and over and over, does nothing to alleviate concerns.

So, while Lamar’s getting fooled, if you see that your QB is getting fooled on the same play and the same way, over and over, why do you keep running the same play?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DelaWhereRaven View Post
    This times 1000x. There is zero creativity in our passing schemes. pack the middle of the field and wonder why Lamar doesn't have options elsewhere. Last game they actually schemed up Richard in the flats and we though Roman cured fucking cancer. It ridiculous.
    I laughed at this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It’s interesting to think about how so many people stressed the importance of not becoming some one dimensional passing team.

We’re now a one dimensional running team, yielding the same playoff results that a contingent of posters here used to poke at from passing teams.
    Yup.

I'm going to keep saying it...the offense is the rushing version of the Run and Shoot of the early 90's...innovative, very unique for the time and fun to watch during the regular season. Even running the offense during the year, if you looked at the numbers, they were solid/efficient running the ball too...Lorenzo White and Gary Brown had 1,000 yard seasons and had averages over 4 ypc. However, when playoffs and big games came and teams could keep their passing game in check and/or need to run in the red zone or with a lead, they couldn't do it. We seem to be the exact opposite.

Roman no doubt IMHO had times this year where you wonder where his head is at in the flow of the game, but there were routinely people who basically bitched anytime the number of passes remotely came close to the same number of rushes. You HAVE to be able to throw the ball in this game to win big. You won't always be ahead 10 points and if you flood the box with enough defenders, the run game will be limited. You have to be able to throw it. No reason why you have such a dominant rushing attack that teams are loading the box that you also have the absolute worst passing game unless there's a lot wrong with the passing scheme/investment in the passing game and the players. Things need to change or this will be a constant issue in the playoffs.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

By the time roman is out, we will have to listen to how we wasted 5 plus years of qb development for our first round pick.