Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Lamar Jackson or Greg Roman?

Well, what’s it gonna be folks? The two-three year window several posters knew we’d have to make it work with this offense has just about passed. Do you want Lamar to reach his ceiling as a passer or do you want this offense? Which one do you want? You can’t have both.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-17-2021 at 02:43 AM.

2. Re: Lamar Jackson or Greg Roman?

Yes.

Re: Lamar Jackson or Greg Roman?

Can I cop out and say neither? Or both? Whatever the question is.

No play calling was going to save the offense with the way the line played tonight. Lamar obviously had a few big mistakes but put a better line in front of him and it's a completely different showing. Fix the line and watch both of them look brilliant again.

If Roman could implement a passing game, he would've done it by now. Why was he run out of SF and Buffalo?

We can't expect anything to change if we make no changes. Let's see how Lamar does with someone with a more balanced offensive attack.

Blog Entries

I don't see the team progressing further than this under Roman. Just my opinion. I think its pretty similar to Cameron in that both guys were the right guys to start the job developing the young QB, but not the guys to finish it. They are capped out under this OC and I think they'll likely need a change there, whether now or in a year, or two years, to get over the hump.

Blog Entries

Firing Greg Roman first thing Monday morning should be a no brainer

Roman might be fools gold

I look at how Duvernay was used this year and just roll my eyes. Absolute waste of talent in his offense, this WR core was weak but Roman absolutely failed at making the best out of what he had

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Roman might be fools gold

I look at how Duvernay was used this year and just roll my eyes. Absolute waste of talent in his offense, this WR core was weak but Roman absolutely failed at making the best out of what he had
    he has no idea how to use Hollywood or Boykin either

Hollywood is a downfield receiver and he had him running 5 yard outs most of the year

Boykin should be in the slot playing a Michael Thomas type of role not playing outside

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Can I cop out and say neither? Or both? Whatever the question is.

No play calling was going to save the offense with the way the line played tonight. Lamar obviously had a few big mistakes but put a better line in front of him and it's a completely different showing. Fix the line and watch both of them look brilliant again.
    Roman could have called plays where Lamar would get the ball out of his hands quicker but Lamar also shouldn't have done wacky things. Not having undersized clumsy OL would be great though.

The offense needs to grow as Lamar and his weapons grow. We gotta roll with what works and with what Lamar can do. I want his weapons to be reliable pass catchers that can work the underneath stuff and get YAC. High percentage stuff. With 1 deep threat. Cut boykin.

Quote Originally Posted by GullyGill View Post
    he has no idea how to use Hollywood or Boykin either

Hollywood is a downfield receiver and he had him running 5 yard outs most of the year

Boykin should be in the slot playing a Michael Thomas type of role not playing outside
    It's a tough call, you want to keep continuity when possible. I hate switching OC's on a young QB.... but I really do question if the offense can ever evolve even with better WR's in Roman's scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The offense needs to grow as Lamar and his weapons grow. We gotta roll with what works and with what Lamar can do. I want his weapons to be reliable pass catchers that can work the underneath stuff and get YAC. High percentage stuff. With 1 deep threat. Cut boykin.
    Yes cut the only real X receiver we have based on....?