Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I only have 1 issue with Lamar...

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    A lot of this but my god he’s so inefficient as a passer. While it’s not all Lamar it’s a lot of Lamar.

No way you pay him now. Can’t do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I wouldn’t.
    I know but damn I love the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    If you can even call it an issue. He knows he's the main reason this team's offense works from the offensive coordinator on down to the receivers, running backs and the offensive line. He knows that he HAS to make something happen or else NOTHING will happen.

Every team in the league calls itself a contender, has a weapon on offense that needs to be game planned for. For this team, Lamar is the weapon but he literally has no help.
    I tend to agree. IF the main issue is a lack of support from his teammates, then EDC better find the help before his rookie contract expires. Lamar’s new contract will be a MAJOR hit against the salary cap. Too many star QBs in the NFL draw too much money against the cap to allow team-rebuilding OR remain as perennial contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Here the 1 problem with Lamar and the 1 problem that he still hasn’t answered....

When the cards are flipped over and shit isn’t going our way in at least one aspect of the game (losing, defense isn’t playing well, run game not working)...

Can we rely on his arm to bring us back into games?

I don’t think I need to answer that for anyone at this point.
    What's his arm going to do when no one is kind enough to be open?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    I tend to agree. IF the main issue is a lack of support from his teammates, then EDC better find the help before his rookie contract expires. Lamar’s new contract will be a MAJOR hit against the salary cap. Too many star QBs in the NFL draw too much money against the cap to allow team-rebuilding OR remain as perennial contenders.
    Yep! Even if he doesn't get the biggest deal ever it's still going to be a whale of a contract. I don't think you can pay him top dollar. It would be nice if he decided to go the meritocratic route and take a huge discount because he hasn't done anything yet, but I doubt he will. Either way if we can get some sort of team friendly kind of structure that would be helpful too.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I know but damn I love the dude.

This is going to a major dilemma for this team. The city loves him, his team mates love him, and most importantly if we really want to get bottom line, is the dude sells a ton of seats/jerseys. How can you part with that kind of player without also parting with the HC and OC and basically starting over again. Because I doubt Harbs would let LJ go.

We are on this train ride whether we like it or not, and LJ is either going to up his game with regards to passing outside the numbers and decision making in the big games or he is not.

He has to get paid, and to those hating on the Flacco deal...well get ready and buckle up.

That all said, this game is not 100% (or even 50%) his fault. The OL is trash and has been all season, and so are most of our WRs. We were 6-5 and the dude put the team on his back to even get us to this game.

We lost or OL star, our best blocking TE and still got here.

Him getting paid means he has to learn to win without the "stud" WRs and TEs unless we get them through the draft, so better it happens now.
    Last edited by KingSerg; 01-17-2021 at 03:04 AM.

Lol one issue. It’s end of year three, dude still needs to read plays on arm band, can’t read defenses, can’t throw open receivers, takes bad sacks, can’t/won’t audible, lacks above average accuracy, out but there is only one issue

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Lol one issue. It’s end of year three, dude still needs to read plays on arm band, can’t read defenses, can’t throw open receivers, takes bad sacks, can’t/won’t audible, lacks above average accuracy, out but there is only one issue
    I am afraid you could be right. NFL QBs mature at different rates. Lamar is so unique. That uniqueness may be retarding his development UNLESS the right coaching can recognize and adjust to his uniqueness.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Patrick Mahomes couldn't read defenses (he admits this) and he can make plays. Guess Lamar is that special.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    Him getting paid means he has to learn to win without the "stud" WRs and TEs unless we get them through the draft, so better it happens now.
    Has he not already learned to do this? The only reliable pass catcher he'd had through his first three years is Andrews, and even then he's not Kelce or Kittle.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Patrick Mahomes couldn't read defenses (he admits this) and he can make plays. Guess Lamar is that special.
    Is he wrong though? Stop getting so defensive and ask yourself is he actually wrong?

You mind linking to mahomes can’t read defenses