Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: I only have 1 issue with Lamar...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    I don’t understand posts like this. He doesn’t call the plays. How can the QB make them pay with outside passes when receivers aren’t running outside routes?

Slow to process where blitzes leave holes? Wtf are you even talking about.

This is another shit take from someone who doesn’t know football.
    LOL everyone knows Lamar can’t hit outside the numbers. That’s why neither the defense or the receivers go there. Don’t know football? You don’t grasp the obvious. Maybe you can show me one of those pass charts and show me all those outside passes you seem to think he hits.

Yes, when a LB or safety blitzes it leaves a hole. The defense may rotate to the vacated spot but a QB who can read and react can abuse this. Maybe Lamar can or can’t but he looked too panicked. You sound like the one who doesn’t know football but you put that on me so.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Except for last week.
    I mean you keep saying last week and he did the majority of the damage on the ground. Since you want to keep moving the goalposts... whatever.

Do you really want me to list the big games in which he has folded when tasked with leading a comeback?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    we had same issue with flacco here so im not sure if its him or the coaching staff just not working on these things and igving him control to change plays
    It has to be the coaching, because like Lamar, Joe was limited in what he could call at the line and played much better in the Sugar huddle where the tempo was better and he had more control at the line. Yet and still, they barely utilized it, because it went against the ball control offense they were aiming for.

4. Re: I only have 1 issue with Lamar...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    I mean you keep saying last week and he did the majority of the damage on the ground. Since you want to keep moving the goalposts... whatever.

Do you really want me to list the big games in which he has folded when tasked with leading a comeback?
    Sure. You can start with the NINE TOTAL GAMES HE'S LOST IN HIS CAREER. Let's ignore the 29 wins where he helped build a lead the team never looked back from, though.

Sure. You can start with the NINE TOTAL GAMES HE'S LOST IN HIS CAREER. Let's ignore the 29 wins where he helped build a lead the team never looked back from, though.
    I don’t give a fuck if they won 290 games. If they can’t win the most important ones. Who the fuck cares about their regular season wins when they fold like cheap lawn chairs in the playoffs?

Hopefully they let him into Canton for his ridiculous regular season while he continues to suck ass in the playoffs.

Everybody is talking about how Lamar "can't bring the team back in the playoffs" "he can't make the comeback with his arm" "he can't come from behind" "this team wasn't built to come from behind" etc........

Doesn't anybody realize that Lamar isn't playing well BEFORE they get behind? Don't people realize that right from the jump of certain playoff games Lamar is bad?

It's not about being behind or coming from behind or any nonsense like that, its just that Lamar gets out of his element before the game even starts. Lamar is about having fun and loving the game.
    When he gets too locked into winning he struggles and he struggles mightily. The OL was HORRENDOUS, but there were times where Lamar didn't help them out at all. There were times Lamar
    held the ball way too long trying to make something happen when he could just check it down and take 5 yards.

Until Lamar learns to let it go, relax in these games, trust his teammates, we will see crappy Lamar in the playoffs.

*and we need better OL. Nobody can win behind that crap.

7. Re: I only have 1 issue with Lamar...

I don’t give a fuck if they won 290 games. If they can’t win the most important ones. Who the fuck cares about their regular season wins when they fold like cheap lawn chairs in the playoffs?

Hopefully they let him into Canton for his ridiculous regular season while he continues to suck ass in the playoffs.
    LOL, so fucking entitled. You realize, in a normal year, 24 teams don't make the playoffs each year. We've done so three consecutive times with Lamar, but "who fucking cares?"

LOL, so fucking entitled. You realize, in a normal year, 24 teams don't make the playoffs each year. We've done so three consecutive times with Lamar, but "who fucking cares?"
    Ahh one of those, “we at least got to the playoffs, who cares if we continue to blow it and get second place” kind of guys.

I am sure you where the first in line for your participation trophy growing up. Some people actually want their team to win and not just settle for playoff appearances.

Lamar has shown me absolutely nothing yet to say he can lead this team to a super bowl. Hopefully that changes.

9. Re: I only have 1 issue with Lamar...

Ahh one of those, “we at least got to the playoffs, who cares if we continue to blow it and get second place” kind of guys.

I am sure you where the first in line for your participation trophy growing up. Some people actually want their team to win and not just settle for playoff appearances.

Lamar has shown me absolutely nothing yet to say he can lead this team to a super bowl. Hopefully that changes.
    Haha, "we got a badass over here!" And the fact you're bringing up "participation trophies":

1) convinces me you're a boomer, in spirit if not in body; and
    2) tells me you don't understand the mere principle. Participation trophies aren't given out to the small fraction of good teams that make the postseason. You're trying to make a point you're failing to make here.

Josh Allen had 209 yds of total offense through 4 qtrs and Lamar had 196 of total offense in a little over 2 1/2 qtrs. Lamar had a brutal int but he didn't ply terrible in this game. I said this in another thread. If the OL blocks and receivers catch the ball then Lamar is more than adequate. GRo also has to call plays that challenge teams outside the numbers. The Ravens #1 priority should be going to get a true #1 receiver Josh Allen went from being a a mediocre QB to being in the MVP discussion because he has a true #1. It was said in the broadcast that Allen said that if he sees Diggs 1v1 he is going to him. Hollywood is a pretty good receiver , but he isn't the complete receiver that Diggs is. They have to supply Lamar with weapons. The 2nd thing is they have to get him to recognize blitzes and the team needs to be able to identify the hot. This team will be ok its only year 3.

Just looked at his bowl games stats and he was godawful passing in those big games too. Think he just gets too hyped up and the adrenaline messes up his decision making. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is my issue when posters say that Lamar has to stop feeling like he has to do everything himself. While I understand the idea behind that, the reality is that he really does have to do everything himself. If he doesn’t, who does? Just look at last week. You can look at the interception and say that Lamar played a role in them falling behind. However, did anyone on offense really pick him up? Did anyone really have his back through their play? No. He had to score one of the most impressive running TDs I’ve seen, to rejuvenate the team.
    A lot of this but my god he’s so inefficient as a passer. While it’s not all Lamar it’s a lot of Lamar.

No way you pay him now. Can’t do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk