Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

I only have 1 issue with Lamar...

If you can even call it an issue. He knows he's the main reason this team's offense works from the offensive coordinator on down to the receivers, running backs and the offensive line. He knows that he HAS to make something happen or else NOTHING will happen.

Every team in the league calls itself a contender, has a weapon on offense that needs to be game planned for. For this team, Lamar is the weapon but he literally has no help.

Re: I only have 1 issue with Lamar...

Did you see how much time Allen had vs Lamar. Oline is a major factor. Routes can’t develop with no time.

I don't disagree. That's why they need to address O-line and WR so Lamar doesn't have to be a hero every game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    If you can even call it an issue. He knows he's the main reason this team's offense works from the offensive coordinator on down to the receivers, running backs and the offensive line. He knows that he HAS to make something happen or else NOTHING will happen.

Every team in the league calls itself a contender, has a weapon on offense that needs to be game planned for. For this team, Lamar is the weapon but he literally has no help.
    This is my issue when posters say that Lamar has to stop feeling like he has to do everything himself. While I understand the idea behind that, the reality is that he really does have to do everything himself. If he doesn’t, who does? Just look at last week. You can look at the interception and say that Lamar played a role in them falling behind. However, did anyone on offense really pick him up? Did anyone really have his back through their play? No. He had to score one of the most impressive running TDs I’ve seen, to rejuvenate the team.

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    I don't disagree. That's why they need to address O-line and WR so Lamar doesn't have to be a hero every game.
    And they'd still get embarrassed by KC because their coaches aren't morons.

No help. Hollywood is literally just Mecole Hardman with WR1 reps

EDC fucking sold us out, trades for Calais/Yannick who do nothing tonight while Lamar throws to JAG's behind an average OL

He lost his cool. That’s an issue. The defenses give him outside passes and he rarely makes them pay. He is inconsistent and mainly poor at working through progressions. He is slow to process where blitzes leave holes.

Play calling has problems but these issues limit the available plays.

Here the 1 problem with Lamar and the 1 problem that he still hasn’t answered....

When the cards are flipped over and shit isn’t going our way in at least one aspect of the game (losing, defense isn’t playing well, run game not working)...

Can we rely on his arm to bring us back into games?

I don’t think I need to answer that for anyone at this point.

Blog Entries

It's the same as it has been for most of the last decade, at least since 2012. It is what it is. Until the organization changes it's overall philosophy on how they build the team, nothing is going to change. We will continue to rely on the QB making chicken salad out of chicken shit.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

10. Re: I only have 1 issue with Lamar...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Here the 1 problem with Lamar and the 1 problem that he still hasn’t answered....

When the cards are flipped over and shit isn’t going our way in at least one aspect of the game (losing, defense isn’t playing well, run game not working)...

Can we rely on his arm to bring us back into games?

I don’t think I need to answer that for anyone at this point.
    So now he has to bring the team back from two scores down when the rest of the team's shitting the bed? Once he does that, where are you going to move the goalposts next?

"Clearly, you can't trust Lamar to win from 3 scores down during the heat death of the universe and fire rain murdering half his receivers. Until he does that..."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    He lost his cool. That’s an issue. The defenses give him outside passes and he rarely makes them pay. He is inconsistent and mainly poor at working through progressions. He is slow to process where blitzes leave holes.

Play calling has problems but these issues limit the available plays.
    I don’t understand posts like this. He doesn’t call the plays. How can the QB make them pay with outside passes when receivers aren’t running outside routes?

Slow to process where blitzes leave holes? Wtf are you even talking about.

This is another shit take from someone who doesn’t know football.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    So now he has to bring the team back from two scores down when the rest of the team's shitting the bed? Once he does that, where are you going to move the goalposts next?

"Clearly, you can't trust Lamar to win from 3 scores down during the heat death of the universe and fire rain murdering half his receivers. Until he does that..."
    How about just do it a couple times in big moment? When has he ever brought this team back in a big game with his arm?

And yes, big time QB’s bring their teams back. That’s why they make the big bucks. That’s why they win championships. Because they are capable.

What is Lamar to you if you think bringing the team back from two scores is some kind of far fetched notion?