Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: EDC Failed Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Boykin/Duvernay/Proche did fuck all tonight and did fuck all for the entire season

They suck at evaluating/developing WR talent, always have
    Hard to tell what the problem is with this team and WRs. They are great Special Teamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    How many lineman have they given him? And technically they did give him two early picks at TE but it seems kind of disingenuous to point that out when they literally traded one of those TE in the offseason.

4 wrs by round 3? Thats a nice effort, again a little disingenuous when one of them was cut before LAST season.... also in Ravens history how many WRs drafted by the Ravens would you add to your all time Ravens team at WR? My answer is none, if your answer is the same as mine, I rest my case.
    People love their rose colored glasses when looking back...
    Hollywood will be the best WR in Ravens history before his rookie deal is up. Look at Boldin and Masons stats and compare them to his,I think you will be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

They never do when the season ends.

Been down this road many times before, everybody agrees with the offensive ineptitude in the heat of the moment but as soon as the offseason starts everybody reverts back to "Running game and defense is all we need!"

Sick off this shit. Sick of losing from out of touch GM's that keep trying to build elite defenses and fail miserably
    Yep. There’ll be threads within a week, talking about how analytics show that what we just saw with our own eyes, wasn’t as bad we really thought it was, and that we just need to tweak a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yep. There’ll be threads within a week, talking about how analytics show that what we just saw with our own eyes, wasn’t as bad we really thought it was, and that we just need to tweak a few things.
    If we just shore up the oline we'll be in great shape. Totally ready to beat KC in the playoffs next year.

Blog Entries

There are only two differences I see between how Joe was handled and how Lamar was handled.

1. The draft. It took them four years to spend a high pick (First two rounds) on a WR for Joe. They didn’t take that long with Lamar. However, at this point, it’s pretty clear that they drafted Marquise to do the same thing they drafted Torrey and Breshad to do: Take the top off of the defense, keep them honest and keep bodies out of the box so that they can run the ball better. It’s clear that they never had any intention on using Marquise to the fullest extent of how he was used in college.

2. As someone else said, Flacco was at least fortunate enough to already have Mason here.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Nah, Taren Johnson was the only one hit in the numbers in the end zone tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I said the Ravens should draft Keenan Allen/Diggs/Adams/DJ Moore/Gabriel Davis/DPJ but hey.... what do I know

Clearly have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to evaluating WR talent, said Boykin/Proche would be busts all offseason and nobody was interested in hearing about it

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Hard to tell what the problem is with this team and WRs. They are great Special Teamers.
    Well you just said it. They suck at evaluating WR talent.

I do like Duvernay, but the guys they've passed on in the last 6 drafts at WR will make your stomach turn

Blog Entries

The rest of the league drafts WRs to hopefully make them #1 guys or draft specific talents to compliment the #1 guys they already have. That’s not how the Ravens think about the position. To them, a number one is a guy who can just beat the defense deep once a game or keep them from loading the box to stop the run. Hence, why they take the wrong Brown in the draft, when one had #1 WR written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    You realize he got the concussion on a snap that was 5 feet over his head
    Yes! That's my point. He'd been doing that and allowing pressure since the second or third series. Dude clearly needed help and it was a matter of time before another big game changing play. Hopefully there's a new - good starting center next season.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    "How do we know he is not Mel Tormé?"

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    If we just shore up the oline we'll be in great shape.
    This but unironically.

11. Re: EDC Failed Lamar

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...-WR&highlight=

Literally called it all along, since 2013 to now. Keep getting out managed by fucking fans, EDC. Diggs was the acquisition of the entire offseason while you sat on your hands and waited on Boykin to turn water into wine over night. You trade for Calais/Yannick who do dick with the season on the line and never make a single attempt to give Lamar the weapons he needs to succeed.

Give him a 3rd round WR and a washed up Dez Bryant... For fucking shame. Keep trying to win a championship with a mediocre offense and only a star QB. Bullshit effort, bullshit offense, bullshit team building. If they don't overhaul the offense this offseason then we are in deep deep trouble.

I can handle losing, what I can't handle is a garbage effort combined with garbage team building, it's an offensive driven league get with the fucking times
    The Lamar INT, was that the fault of the receiver?

The Ravens move the ball effectively on the ground, and then Lamar makes mistakes in the pass game.

The Ravens playoff loss here and last year were both due to mistakes in the pass game.

The best way to avoid mistakes in the pass game is to run. The Ravens should be able to dominate all teams with the run, with Lamar. If they aren't dominating with Lamar and the run, make the necessary corrections so that you do and always will. The most important part, Lamar, is there already and putting up huge rushing numbers. If much of the oline is mediocre or worse, look at the oline for solutions. If your TEs were Andrews, Hurst and Boyle in 2019 and just Andrews at the end of 2020, there's a solution.

Seems like the WRs did ok to me. They passed too much, sacks come from pass plays not run plays. It seems like the pocket for Lamar is extremely small and hard to get around in, and out of.

12. Re: EDC Failed Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The rest of the league drafts WRs to hopefully make them #1 guys or draft specific talents to compliment the #1 guys they already have. That’s not how the Ravens think about the position. To them, a number one is a guy who can just beat the defense deep once a game or keep them from loading the box to stop the run. Hence, why they take the wrong Brown in the draft, when one had #1 WR written all over him.
    We need a new #1 LG, a new #1 C, a new #1 RG.