Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: EDC Failed Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yep. Henry ran all over them last year and the first thing they did was go out and get guys to stop him, leaving Lamar with scraps. Even trading one of his TEs, because for some reason they couldn’t find more targets for him in the passing offense.

Meanwhile, Josh Allen, whose passing looked horrible not that long ago, improves over the off-season and they actually incorporate that into the offense by letting him throw more and then giving him Diggs to throw to.
    hmmmm . . . Are you implying something?
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Blog Entries

Yep. Henry ran all over them last year and the first thing they did was go out and get guys to stop him, leaving Lamar with scraps. Even trading one of his TEs, because for some reason they couldn’t find more targets for him in the passing offense.

Meanwhile, Josh Allen, whose passing looked horrible not that long ago, improves over the off-season and they actually incorporate that into the offense by letting him throw more and then giving him Diggs to throw to.
    Ex knows what’s up, as much as it pains me to say

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    This offseason EDC is going to do his best Rick Harrison - "Best I can do is AJ Green"
    Oh yeah we won't be in on Robinson or Golladay. We'll bargain bin hunt like we always have, this shit has got to change and I've been saying it literally since 2013 on the old Ravens boards

The NFL is all about offense, how do you make a trade for 2 defensive Pro Bowlers and 0 on offense, it's such a joke what they asked of Flacco/Lamar to do with next to nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    This offseason EDC is going to do his best Rick Harrison - "Best I can do is AJ Green"
    I mean these are the geniuses who thought signing Dez was smarter than AB.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Ex knows what’s up, as much as it pains me to say
    Me and Ex have been grilling the Ravens for this for many many years and nobody wants to agree with us until the season is over

This has been a glaring weakness for many years, nothing new, many threads have been made about it, nobody seems to agree until things get dire and we're eliminated after the offense shits the bed

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Me and Ex have been grilling the Ravens for this for many many years and nobody wants to agree with us until the season is over

This has been a glaring weakness for many years, nothing new, many threads have been made about it, nobody seems to agree until things get dire and we're eliminated after the offense shits the bed
    But we can beat bad teams in the regular season without stud receivers so clearly we don't need them DERRRRRRRP.

Also imagine having Diggs and DJ Moore in your backyard and not drafting them. Like you just needed a television and eyeballs to watch them play in college with dog shit QB talent and recognize their talent.

DeCosta can't even execute his own vision correctly. Not enough scary pass rushers, not enough coverage defenders, running game centered around average OL, below average receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    I mean these are the geniuses who thought signing Dez was smarter than AB.
    I think AB was going to play with Brady no matter what, but signing AJ Green who is starting to look washed up is a total Ravens type fix for the WR group.

Blog Entries

Oh yeah we won't be in on Robinson or Golladay. We'll bargain bin hunt like we always have, this shit has got to change and I've been saying it literally since 2013 on the old Ravens boards

The NFL is all about offense, how do you make a trade for 2 defensive Pro Bowlers and 0 on offense, it's such a joke what they asked of Flacco/Lamar to do with next to nothing
    I think even if the Ravens were in on these guys they aren't coming here without a full on overhaul/change to how they run the offense.

Since that's unlikely to happen I think it'll have to be trade if they want to make any significant improvement.

Perhaps they'll revisit Adam Theilen...eh, why even bother getting my hopes up. It'll be Marvin Jones or AJ Green or someone else like that. Maybe the corpse of TY Hilton.

Blog Entries

I guess, for me, the issue isn’t the approach, so much as it’s the approach while drafting a QB in the first round and thinking it will somehow get the most out of his development. If this is the offense they want to run, then fine. Draft a QB in the mid-rounds and replace him every four years. Spend that money on the line and your defense and take your shots.

But don’t waste people’s time as fans, drafting a QB in the first round, if his development as a passer, isn’t top priority with a bullet. Because now, we’re heading into year four and as another poster said, we still don’t really know what we have in Lamar as a passer.

I've been on this wagon since Flacco was throwing to guys like Marlon Brown and Kamar Aiken.

Others would always say a FQB should be able to elevate those kind of guys.

Funny how nobody is saying that now.

I guess, for me, the issue isn’t the approach, so much as it’s the approach while drafting a QB in the first round and thinking it will somehow get the most out of his development. If this is the offense they want to run, then fine. Draft a QB in the mid-rounds and replace him every four years. Spend that money on the line and your defense and take your shots.

But don’t waste people’s time as fans, drafting a QB in the first round, if his development as a passer, isn’t top priority with a bullet. Because now, we’re heading into year four and as another poster said, we still don’t really know what we have in Lamar as a passer.
    I think we know. What we don't know is how he'd look in a different system/new playcaller.