Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: We will NEVER win a championship with Lamar

Dude, we scored 3 points in a 2nd round playoff game. THREE. There is ZERO excuse for that. I can accept losing and going down giving it your all, even thought that still sucks. But to completely CHOKE, is pathetic.

Take Lamar out and put in an average NFL QB. We’re 4-12

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Ah, my favorite time of year, when posters I've never heard of with sub-100 post counts make threads to tell us how terrible they are and how they'll never win anything with x player or x coach.
    I was wondering who the hell this guy was. Never seen the name around here.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensReign620 View Post
    Do you realize that GREAT quarterbacks win in SPITE of drops by wideouts, poor O line and dumb coaching? Lamar is cool, I like him personally and he's very athletic, but he is NOT a great player. Great players win big games and take control of games. Lamar only does it against bad teams.
    Seriously? Who? Go ahead and name all of these QB's that win in spite of the other 10 offensive players on the field and I'll tell you why you're wrong. Literally, if your pass catchers drop the ball you're not moving down the field, and if your OL doesn't block you aren't going anywhere but down on the ground. I can promise you that every other QB thats "successful" in your eyes has help somewhere

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    If you think Lamar was infallible tonight then you're just a fan boy.

See how obnoxious such statements are?

Lamar hardly played a great game. He hesitated way too much and took several unnecessary sacks.

Collinsworth even called him out for taking a sack on a CB blitz that he had eyes on throughout the pre-snap and throughout the play. Lamar waits until the CB is within arms reach and just tries to spin out. CB gets his jersey and slings him down.

That kind of cute shit isn't going to work in the playoffs. He needs to watch some Aaron Rodgers film on how to anticipate and elude a pass rush to extend a play.
    Takes like this are annoying as hell. I hated it when fans cherry picked plays to blame Joe for a loss and I hate it now. Was LJ perfect? No, but he was far from the worst issue we had tonight. He alone didn't lose this game. He had a lot of help.

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    Seriously? Who? Go ahead and name all of these QB's that win in spite of the other 10 offensive players on the field and I'll tell you why you're wrong. Literally, if your pass catchers drop the ball you're not moving down the field, and if your OL doesn't block you aren't going anywhere but down on the ground. I can promise you that every other QB thats "successful" in your eyes has help somewhere
    Did I take a time machine back to 5 years ago with Flacco?

Here comes the troll threads...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    If you think Lamar was infallible tonight then you're just a fan boy.

See how obnoxious such statements are?

Lamar hardly played a great game. He hesitated way too much and took several unnecessary sacks.

Collinsworth even called him out for taking a sack on a CB blitz that he had eyes on throughout the pre-snap and throughout the play. Lamar waits until the CB is within arms reach and just tries to spin out. CB gets his jersey and slings him down.

That kind of cute shit isn't going to work in the playoffs. He needs to watch some Aaron Rodgers film on how to anticipate and elude a pass rush to extend a play.
    I think you're right. Lamar didn't play good by any means. He made some incredibly poor choices (even with his running he made some poor choices) and I'm starting to notice a trend in the playoffs of him making awful awful choices. For whatever reason he stops having fun and he tries to become some hero and it all blows up in his face. It's frustrating.

Blog Entries

The reflex response is going to be to blame Lamar, but that is wrong. Harbaugh can’t coach offense or defense, so he keeps going through coordinators. They need someone who knows how to design a passing offense. Andrews is a good TE, but he is not elite. They need to develop other receiving options. Also, desperately need a pass rusher. That may be their #1 need in the draft or FA. A WR and IOL coming in right behind that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Takes like this are annoying as hell. I hated it when fans cherry picked plays to blame Joe for a loss and I hate it now. Was LJ perfect? No, but he was far from the worst issue we had tonight. He alone didn't lose this game. He had a lot of help.
    I didn't cherry pick shit. I gave an example. You want me to go down the game log and post replays of each and every instance? That'd be a waste of my time because you wouldn't acknowledge it anyway.

Guys.

If your quarterback loses 17-3 he’s a major problem.

Think about this.

Offenses, especially ours, are dependent on the play of the quarterback.

Blog Entries

Lamar isn’t the issue. We saw tonight why Greg Roman was fired from Buffalo. How bad would this offense be if Lamar didn’t bail Roman out by running?

“Why was Greg Roman fired? The offense that finished first in the league in rushing last season and had a number of returning starters could not engineer any long scoring drives or give the defense a chance to rest. It all goes back to an issue that haunted the team last season.

With Roman calling the plays, Buffalo has not shown the ability to consistently convert third downs and sustain drives. In 2015, the Bills converted on 86 of their 227 third-down chances, a 37.9-percent rate, which was No. 21 in the NFL. In their first two games of the 2016 season, the Bills converted just six-of-23 third-down opportunities. The 26.1-percent conversion rate was No. 28 in the NFL prior to Sunday’s games.”

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2016/...ight-decision/