Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: We will NEVER win a championship with Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Especially after sitting back watching Harbs and Roman run her son into the ground I don’t blame her. We better back up the brinks truck.
    This is the same person who promptly called Bobby Petrino after she found out that Petrino had Lamar fielding kicks in his first practice. In so many words, she made it clear that needn’t happen again.

Lamar is a band-aid, that's ready to fall off. Rg3 went down this path. Where's he?

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Two things: don't be surprised if the Ravens extend Lamar THIS offseason. They're already looking into it, according to the Ravens' own website (which, granted, is usually glorified propaganda).

Also, the organization isn't anywhere near as black-and-white or reactionary as its fanbase. I don't think, in leadership's eyes, Lamar has ANYTHING more to prove. Meaning, I bet he's GOING to get a deal regardless of whether he meets yours, mine, or any other fan's arbitrary definition of "progress" next season. Just a matter of when and how much re: his extension.
    Signing him to an extension this year when the cap is going to be tight would probably be a mistake. Only because it will have to eat some of the available cap space this year. That will make it harder to address any of the holes in free agency. They are better off exercising the 5th year option and having the franchise tag for the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreSean View Post
    Lamar is a band-aid, that's ready to fall off. Rg3 went down this path. Where's he?
    What path?

Exactly. People seem to really love Action Jackson as a person but that has nothing to do with what he is as a player.

I haven't read the posts in this topic (I'm a lazy yinzer after all ), but the title very well could be true and I don't know where to put this else. But that has nothing to do with Lamar's qualities. Just look at all the young QB's in the AFC.

Mahomes
    LJ
    Allen
    Mayfield
    Herbert
    Burrow
    Tua
    Lawrence
    And for now Watson

That's 9 players 25 or younger and except for Tua I believe they all can have great careers. Tua maybe too, but I'm not really convinced about him. His long passes are light years on their way and are crying to be intercepted. I'm just surprised he hasn't thrown more this year.
    I can't remember I have seen so much talent at QB in the NFL and they're all playing in the same conference, making it extremely difficult for any team to reach the SB. The only talent the NFC has is Kyle Murray.

How does Llama MVP = band-aid?

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreSean View Post
    The fastest QB in NFL history to 30 wins, NFL TD pass leader in 2019, Unanimous MVP, 3/3 making playoffs after a 4 year playoff drought, is a band-aid, got it.

Did all that with a bottom 5 WR core every year of his career as well. Nobody has done more with less than Lamar. Kid is 24 years old and all he's done is win.

RG3 is the laziest comparison of all-time. They're both black and fast.... same player. Got it.

I didn't read the whole thread. But I am guessing it's been mentioned. Peyton Manning was 27 when he got his first playoff win, and his first MVP. Lamar is already three years ahead of that. In Manning's first three seasons the Colts were 26-22. Lamar's record to date is 30-7.

What this thread is really about is not being able to imagine success with anything other than a statue quarterback. Everything else is just rationalization to validate that feeling.

It is funny watching same people come into this thread and say how great Lamar is and list all of his accomplishments only to go over to another thread and say Roman has to go because he wasting Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    It is funny watching same people come into this thread and say how great Lamar is and list all of his accomplishments only to go over to another thread and say Roman has to go because he wasting Lamar.
    Those 2 things do not contradict each other. Lamar is a generational individual talent and Roman is not the right fit for him at this point in time. Lamar would ball out with my grandma calling plays, he's the best athlete on the field 99% of the time. Lamar went 6-1 (Barring a 4th and long meltdown by the defense to go 7-0) with Marty as his OC, enough said.

LJ still needs an OC that can develop him as a passer, Roman isn't the guy to do that.

Blog Entries

Mahomes, Watson and Wilson are not statues.