Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Not a "moral victory" thread, but I'm proud of this team

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I actually like the Bills and Allen. But what you said about the better teaming winning is my issue because I'm not sure the best team won, the best team won this day. This has to be the worst performances by a Lamar ravens team. It's like the exact opposite of the Joe Flacco ravens, he would barely play average in the reg season then light it up in the playoffs. And this ravens team just feels...dare I say... Soft.

Maybe it's the bacon infused whiskey idk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    3 times ain't a fluke. It's not like they will ever have a better version of THIS offense. Hard to go back to square 1 on a team that's been this successful in the regular season since 2018, but it's obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Meh...this was a winnable game. I sure didn't see a different class of competition. What I saw was the winning team made no big mistakes but didn't really do anything special.
    The Bills were averaging over 40 points a game over their last 4. Their offense is really really good. We were averaging like 24.

I think this team was at best the 3rd or 4th best team in the AFC. Some key injuries, horrific C play, lack of training camp and a good number of rookies learning on the job as well as a lack offensive playmakers in the passing game kind of limited the ceiling of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    3 times ain't a fluke. It's not like they will ever have a better version of THIS offense. Hard to go back to square 1 on a team that's been this successful in the regular season since 2018, but it's obvious.
    You don't think if we landed Hopkins or Diggs it would have been different? I do. Baltimore continues to try to find bargain basement deals on WRs, I love Dez Bryant, 4 years ago. I'll give credit to DeCosta for getting Hollywood, but taking a dude that was injured, 170lbs, and scared of contact was mind blowing to me. He's basically John Brown was drafted in the 3rd.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    The Bills were averaging over 40 points a game over their last 4. Their offense is really really good. We were averaging like 24.
    And yet they scored 10 tonight. It was a coinflip until the pick six...Let's not kid ourselves.

What moral victory is there to gain from this. Roman sucks, Lamar isn’t showing much in the playoffs, defense actually played well and we still couldn’t give them more than 3 points. We have a lot to fix going into the off-season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    When we were 6-5 and dealing with the covid outbreak, I was ready to pack it in for the season. This team showed a lot of character down the stretch and fought their asses off. We can talk about all of Harbaugh's flaws, and there are plenty, but you can never say this team quits on him. We have fewer needs than most teams. Shore up the things we need to shore up and come back with a vengeance next year.
    I am not even devastated tonight, that is rare. 8 weeks ago, I wasn't even sure they would be here. I dont think the guys ever gave up. They fought the whole time. The Bills were just better.

Ummmm while I think some of your criticisms are fair and are why Brown is more of a good #2 receiver......you comparison to John Brown seems a little extreme. He is a good bit better than John Brown with less help around him.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    You don't think if we landed Hopkins or Diggs it would have been different? I do. Baltimore continues to try to find bargain basement deals on WRs, I love Dez Bryant, 4 years ago. I'll give credit to DeCosta for getting Hollywood, but taking a dude that was injured, 170lbs, and scared of contact was mind blowing to me. He's basically John Brown was drafted in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Ummmm while I think some of your criticisms are fair and are why Brown is more of a good #2 receiver......you comparison to John Brown seems a little extreme. He is a good bit better than John Brown with less help around him.
    Look at their first two years. I just see nothing special in Holly wood as a first rounder that we could have easily traded back and picked up of the numerous guys that made more sense.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    With the defensive effort tonight, we should have beaten the Bills by 2 touchdowns. They didn't make mistakes and they executed when they needed to. I'm happy for them. We were supposed to be good. We were supposed to be a Super Bowl contenders so to lose a game like this when we lose because of poor execution and missed opportunities I'm disappointed.
    This comes close to how I view the loss.

Just to clarify, yes I'm disappointed with how the offense played tonight. How could you not be? I'm talking about where we were after week 12 to where we got, I'm proud.

I'm very pleased with the D they balled out!
    The offense sucked arse.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk