Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: which coach/coaches will elevate lamar and the offense to the next level?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Flacco and Cameron got into a heated argument on the sidelines, during the Indianapolis playoff game following the 09’ season.

Jim Zorn was brought in as the QB Coach for the 10’ season. Flacco’s mechanics actually improved significantly under Zorn. However, like Flacco, Zorn was at odds with Cameron over the offensive philosophy. Zorn sided with Flacco and Harbaugh settled it by not only siding with Cameron, but firing Zorn. Despite Flacco’s improvement as a passer. Flacco then went public with his frustration, saying that firing his QB Coach was like saying they weren’t satisfied with his play. Harbaugh then doubled down and have Cameron some QB Coach duties.
    I remember it well and it felt like Cam was jealous that Zorn was getting too much credit for Flacco's improvement as a passer.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    They won't get rid of Harbaugh but he also has no idea how to evolve the offense past what it is.
    As they clearly should not. There are probably a dozen teams keeping their head coach that would fire them immediately if they could get Harbs. Dude already has a HOF resume.

I don’t know if there IS evolving this scheme. We tried the middle of the year and Lamar looked awful when used as a pocket passer and needed to drop that and go back to running to win games again.

Roman’s scheme dragged Colin Kaepernick to the SB... I think his scheme is what it is and that is that it gets the VERY BEST out of limited passing skill athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    As they clearly should not. There are probably a dozen teams keeping their head coach that would fire them immediately if they could get Harbs. Dude already has a HOF resume.

I don’t know if there IS evolving this scheme. We tried the middle of the year and Lamar looked awful when used as a pocket passer and needed to drop that and go back to running to win games again.

Roman’s scheme dragged Colin Kaepernick to the SB... I think his scheme is what it is and that is that it gets the VERY BEST out of limited passing skill athletes.

the same limited passing qb that won mvp and let league in TDs? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Is this going to be the new 11 TD 0 INT Flacco playoff run?

Sports Illustrated

@SInow

·
    14m
    For three straight years the Ravens have shredded opponents in the regular season and come up short in the playoffs. @ConorOrr
    wonders if that's their ceiling unless they make some changes:

https://t.co/e6pSbqY5d5?amp=1

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Is this going to be the new 11 TD 0 INT Flacco playoff run?
    i mean if someone dumb says hes not a pocket passer ill show you a season full of accomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Lamar and his agent need to speak up. I think he's too much of a good soldier to do it, but it needs to happen.

Maybe I'm misremembering but didn't Flacco have his agent essentially force an OC change?

We clearly need someone who can install a legit passing attack and make Lamar better not retard his progress. Roman's inept passing scheme is stunting Lamar's growth.
    I think Lamar might speak up this off season. I get the feeling he's getting tired of continually pulling Roman's ass out of the fire with individual brilliance.

1 He went on Eisen to talk about the predictability of the offense.

2 After the Titans game he pointedly said "The coaches didn't panic" as a reason why they won.

3 At least once a week he loses it towards the sidelines when the play call comes in late again.

If he brings it up during his contract negotiations he might be able to force a change.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Exactly. I don't think you can say Lamar is a limited passer based on what he does in Roman's offense.

Mahomes would struggle as a passer throwing into the tight windows and limited options that this offense provides.

That he can't provide easier passing opportunities even when defenses are selling out against the run is the biggest indictment of Roman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

kind of coming away with this feeling as well. seeing those receivers WIDE OPEN tells me the plays were there... Oline an issue but man...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    kind of coming away with this feeling as well. seeing those receivers WIDE OPEN tells me the plays were there... Oline an issue but man...
    This is the determination the Ravens will have to make and the consequences should they get it wrong could cripple them. Is Roman and the offensive staff squeezing everything out of Lamar there is to squeeze in terms of his passing, or is the OC and personnel holding him back?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    This is the determination the Ravens will have to make and the consequences should they get it wrong could cripple them. Is Roman and the offensive staff squeezing everything out of Lamar there is to squeeze in terms of his passing, or is the OC and personnel holding him back?
    Little of both probably. I think there are clear limitations on Lamar that limit his ceiling but he can reach a higher level of play with a little more help from the talent around him and coaching staff. Problem will be when/if he gets the mega QB deal how does he perform when there isn’t as much money to put talent around him?

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’d look at Cleveland’s coaching staff. I like Roman, and I know Stefanski calls the plays, but if there’s some position coach or something that contributes heavily to their offense (like David Culley does to ours) I’d be interested in him for OC. They’re an excellent running team, and run first for sure, but they’re also great at designing that short to intermediate passing game as well. Mayfield was a terrible terrible passer last year, but now looks very confident. Give Lamar the opportunity to manage the game a little more instead of always being asked to bail us out, get some more screens going, but still have an awesome running game but unlike CLE we could get the QB involved.