Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: which coach/coaches will elevate lamar and the offense to the next level?

The problem is Lamar, not the coaching...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

LOL Lamar is literally all we have going for us, if you put an an average NFL starting QB in this offense we’re 4-12

Once again Harbaugh and Roman talk a good game about building their own offense yet another season where it hasn't come together. Can people just admit that Harbaugh doesn't know dick about offense. Also not letting DeCosta off the hook for this team either. DeCosta can't do any other solution for OL except to draft mediocre athletes who are also soft as hell in the run game. They should just come out and admit that they don't know what the hell they're doing on offense. This brain trust isn't leading this team anywhere outside of barley making the playoffs and losing because of windy conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    You can just @ me next time. The play calls and situational decision making was good on offense today in my opinion, as it really has been all year. I just find it hard to blame Roman when Lamar refuses to set his feet, the pass catchers drop balls all game, the o line gives up pressure every snap, and pass catchers can’t win a 1 on 1, they have to be schemed open. Andrews, Hollywood, etc need to be schemed open, and half the time when they are, like the play is 100% there, they drop the ball or Lamar gets sacked instantly, or Lamar doesn’t set his feet, or the fucking ball was snapped high and is rolling 10 yards behind the quarterback. That’s not coaching. That’s execution.

woudnt u call a screen or two to the WR get the ball out quickly if OL sucks or call quick slant or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I gotta say it....

Ex told everyone during the start of last season.

*ducks*

This offense just isn’t sustainable...blame it on the coaches and/or positions you want. It’s 4 games so far and only once did we barely get to 20...the other 3 we were in single digits late in the 4th quarters. This is enough of a sample size for me and it should be for everyone.
    yea i just saw that stat too...hate when sword is right

i dont think they are getting rid of lamar anytime soon so thats not an option

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    woudnt u call a screen or two to the WR get the ball out quickly if OL sucks or call quick slant or two?
    I feel that the up tempo short passing offense was there, and called quite a bit in that second half. Problem was pressure came instantly and receivers couldn’t hold onto the ball. If the players did what they were supposed to do, we’d be going to KC next week.

Lamar is the Ravens. Without him we're just the Bengals with better uniforms

Lamar is coached terribly.

Despite having an offense that fits Lamar....Roman did not change the tempo that would truly fit this offense. To me that is inexcusable. It's inexcusable that we really don't have much in terms of a short passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    The current combination is just not working. What would be your plan?
    OH, I don't know. Just got finished getting pistol-whipped in the playoffs, maybe I'll start thinking about that tomorrow.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

12. Re: which coach/coaches will elevate lamar and the offense to the next level?

When you have a crappy offensive scheme that every defensive coordinator knows you're going to run (let Lamar outrun the defense every week) it's no surprise it not going to be successful everytime. Lamar is the reason why the Ravens made it to the playoffs and won last week at Tennessee. The offensive line was pure trash last week letting Lamar get sacked 5 times and they were horrific tonight when the Bills were teeing off on him untouched on passing downs. It finally happened that he got hurt playing behind this sorry excuse of a trash o-line just like Russell Wilson with Seattle. The Bills get Josh Allen Stefon Diggs and we get Lamar a washed up receiver who hasn't played football in 3 years and extended Willie Snead this offseason. Sounds like something from the Orioles playbook. At least they have an excuse of rebuilding.