Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar off-season contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Ya well it’s happening so may as well get used to it
    I think they learned their lesson about contract structures for QBs and won't let whatever they give him cripple them.

I still don't think they should offer a contract right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NestMinder View Post
    I think they learned their lesson about contract structures for QBs and won't let whatever they give him cripple them.

I still don't think they should offer a contract right now.
    There is a chance it waits until next offseason but I would bet against it. My guess is the Watson deal, shorter term with pretty big money. Don’t foresee a decade deal like Mahomes got

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    won't they just pick up his 5th year option?

this whole thing started with a tweet that "it makes sense for them to do something in the offseason". doesn't take much to run wild

Honestly I would make him play his 5th year and then franchise him... simply because he runs so much the risk for injury is high.

You can franchise someone twice if you have to honestly

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Just wait until next season. If he had picked up right where he left off in 2019 he'd be in line for a deal now but there is no reason they can't pick up the 5th year option and wait another year before offering a long-term deal.
    Exactly this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Just wait until next season. If he had picked up right where he left off in 2019 he'd be in line for a deal now but there is no reason they can't pick up the 5th year option and wait another year before offering a long-term deal.
    Exactly this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Honestly I would make him play his 5th year and then franchise him... simply because he runs so much the risk for injury is high.

I think Lamar is actually safer running with the ball then he is in the pocket. I would wait until after next season to extend him because I want to see him improve as a passer in a better offensive system.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Have seen several say this and I...don't really get it?

I admit that I haven't watched Deshaun play a ton, so I may be wrong. But when I have watched him - against the Ravens - I can't believe how long he holds the ball. It's like Jackson in the playoffs but all the time. He does some Houdini shit, sure, but overall I don't see it. And take away Hopkins and he wins four games.
    Watson completed over 70% while avg the most yrds per attempt and yrds per completion he had 33/7 TD/int ratio, but was 2nd in the league in sacks, Russell Wilson was sacked 2 times less, would you take Wilson over Jackson? I know I would! He was 5th in rushing yards by a QB. His Quarterback rating was 112.4 and his lowest in his 4 seasons is 98. we would be on the hook for $129.54m over the next 5 years, thats roughly $26m average, the next 2 years we would be paying more than Lamar, but would be much cheaper the next 3 years and we could even rework it to make it a flatter contract. His current contract is guaranteed through 2022, so without reworking it. we could get out of it in 2 years if things didnt work out. I'd make this trade in a heart beat!

8. Re: Lamar off-season contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

So tired of this lazy - and easily disprovable - take.

Lamar got concussed scrambling after a fumble in the pocket. Mahomes got concussed scrambling out of the pocket. Most injuries take place in or around the pocket and, if anything, mobile QBs LESSEN their chances of getting hurt because of their speed and agility. RG3 is a cautionary tale, but Lamar also runs smarter than year 2 Griffin ever did.

9. Re: Lamar off-season contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think Lamar is actually safer running with the ball then he is in the pocket. I would wait until after next season to extend him because I want to see him improve as a passer in a better offensive system.

Yep. You said it more succinctly than I did.

10. Re: Lamar off-season contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Watson completed over 70% while avg the most yrds per attempt and yrds per completion he had 33/7 TD/int ratio, but was 2nd in the league in sacks, Russell Wilson was sacked 2 times less, would you take Wilson over Jackson? I know I would! He was 5th in rushing yards by a QB. His Quarterback rating was 112.4 and his lowest in his 4 seasons is 98. we would be on the hook for $129.54m over the next 5 years, thats roughly $26m average, the next 2 years we would be paying more than Lamar, but would be much cheaper the next 3 years and we could even rework it to make it a flatter contract. His current contract is guaranteed through 2022, so without reworking it. we could get out of it in 2 years if things didnt work out. I'd make this trade in a heart beat!
    It might be time for you to find a new team, bud. This isn't Madden and you don't just "pick which QB you'd rather have." Ride with Lamar or whine about him being our QB1 for the next God-only-knows-how-many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

This is where I'm at. But you have to go into the season with the PLAN to see how he can develop as a passer, period.

Have seen several say this and I...don't really get it?

I admit that I haven't watched Deshaun play a ton, so I may be wrong. But when I have watched him - against the Ravens - I can't believe how long he holds the ball. It's like Jackson in the playoffs but all the time. He does some Houdini shit, sure, but overall I don't see it. And take away Hopkins and he wins four games.
    Watson had his best season without Hopkins. He's not the reason the Texans only won 4 games. Their defense was awful and that organization is a dumpster fire.