2020-2021 Season Turning Points (so far)

1. Week 9 in Indianapolis.

Our first win there. Just coming off a big emotional home loss to the Steelers (Lamar’s worst game of his career). If memory serves, we were behind at halftime 10-7. We out scored them 17-0 from there on with a dominant ground game. If we lose, it’s a five-game losing streak and no playoffs.

2. Week 14 in Cleveland.

THE pivotal game of the regular season. Going in at 7-5. By then, we all know that 10-6 won’t be enough (need to win out). Without our starters on the DL, we hang in there just long enough for Lamar’s heroics at the end. Again, if we lose we’re done.

3. Week 16 at home.

We take care of business against the Giants BUT we also finally get the help we need to regain control of our destiny: losses by Indy and Cleveland (thanks to Steelers and the Bengals(!)).

4. Wildcard Round in Tennessee.

Trailing 10-0 in the first quarter, we keep our composure and our focus - and so does Lamar. We hold King Henry in check for a full four quarters. And Lamar does his magic with the full support and confidence of his teammates on both sides of the scrimmage line. THIS win is far more than just a playoff win. It is the day the Ravens became a battle-tested Super Bowl contender.

CCx

Blog Entries

Re: 2020-2021 Season Turning Points (so far)

Cowboys game.

Coming off 3 straight losses and playoffs slipping through their fingers they knew they had to go on a win streak and it had to start with Dallas.

They won that game which propelled them to beat the Browns and go on a win streak that they're still on.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Steelers Covid game. Ravens may have lost but I think it was a real 'come together as a team' moment and gave them real belief we had the team to challenge even in apparent hopeless situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    The Steelers Covid game. Ravens may have lost but I think it was a real 'come together as a team' moment and gave them real belief we had the team to challenge even in apparent hopeless situations.
    I totally agree. It's like after that game, they became super focused, winning, having fun and coming together as a team.

Blog Entries

@Cleveland Lamar comes out of the locker room to throw a 4th down TD pass to Marquise Brown. The play of the year and the turning point to the playoffs.

But I also agree the Steelers COVID game was pivotal.

Turning point was having the covid outbreak.Team went through some adversity with that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    That’s basically what I’m saying. After Pitt game they played Dallas in a must win

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

When they realized Lamar is not a pocket passer, he needs to use his legs to set up his passes, not the other way around

Thanks to all responders. I focused on the games with pivotal outcomes (except for the outside help in Week 16).

The throw to Mark Andrews on third and long to keep the Titans playoff game winnable. We were down 10-0 and we managed to get within a touchdown on that drive.