Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Keys to beating the Bills

Weather might be an issue. But it should favor the Ravens

On defense. I would put three on the line.
    Use queen to shadow josh Allen. Blitz him occasionally
    Put smith on diggs
    Use the other 7 in a staggered zone

On offense

Run run run with some deep shots. Also use the screen they started using recently to brown

Re: Keys to beating the Bills

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post

Put smith on diggs

On offense

Run run run with some deep shots. Also use the screen they started using recently to brown
    Only three on the line? Why?

Allen would kill the Ravens with only a 3 man rush.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

What we need are more jet sweeps imo. With the speed of Hollywood, Duvernay, and Dobbins, we can get some really nice chunk yardage if we just let these guys ball out in open space

Blog Entries

We need a 4 man front with the majority of plays in the dime. We need to activate Kearse for this game.

Blog Entries

With Moss out the bad running game of the Bills is really bad. Singletary is really only effective when there are holes so job one is to plug those holes up. The Ravens have been very good at doing that this year.

The biggest running threat is going to Josh Allen who is very dangerous especially in the red zone. Allen is 3rd on the team in rushing yards and has 8 rushing TDs. Without that other big rushing threat I would use a similar plan that we used against the Titans only keying on Allen as the rusher instead of Henry. This is how other teams have attacked Lamar this year and it works until Gus or Dobbins start going up the middle and blowing up those guys waiting on the edge. Singletary isn't Dobbins or Gus. They will be able to limit those bigs runs by Allen.

The Bills are going to be respond by throwing the ball. Allen has 7 games this year with 40+ passing attempts. In 2019 he had just 1. Allen is very comfortable passing and will start throwing down field. The Ravens have the DBs to handle even when blitzing. The Bills in general use a layered system of Diggs and Brown deeper, Davis in the middle depth, Beasley and Knox underneath. Everyone of them can catch and they use the whole width of the field. I think we all saw Allen fit perfect balls on the sideline to Davis at the end of half last week. It was textbook.

Don't focus on pushing Allen into tough throws. Instead focus on making the receivers make tough catches. Play tight and hit hard. Diggs had the best season in the league this side of Devante Adams. He's going to make some catches. Make him pay on every single one. 8 catches for under 80 yards would be a big win against Diggs.

On the other side of the ball the Ravens just need to continue to do what they do. The Bills allowed 21 rushing touchdowns this year which is 27th in the NFL this year. They are 26th in yards allowed per attempt. Pound the ball in the red zone. They are middle of the road against the pass and rank 9th in both TDs and yards be attempt and 7th in getting interceptions. Running the ball just makes a ton of sense.

Both the Ravens and Bills are +4 in turnover margin so both understand the importance of turnovers. Bass has been a really good Kicker in the clutch but no one is on the level of Justin Tucker. The Bills punter has a great leg. Kicking and punting will be about mistakes since both teams are really among the NFL elite in those areas.

It should be a good game but I really like this matchup for the Ravens. As good as the Bills have been I really see this as favorable for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

I have also heard from some friends who are Bills fans that Allen can get confused by disguised coverage schemes. That seems to play right into Wink’s wheelhouse. I wonder if the Ravens will play man coverage or play more zone to try to confuse Allen and to also face him to guard against him running with the ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post

Put smith on diggs

On offense

Jimmy Smith on Diggs?
    That's an epic mismatch that would result in a 200+ receiving day for Diggs.
    Will need to bracket Diggs all day which will unfortunately lead to big gains for John Brown, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    Jimmy Smith on Diggs?
    That's an epic mismatch that would result in a 200+ receiving day for Diggs.
    Will need to bracket Diggs all day which will unfortunately lead to big gains for John Brown, etc.
    Yeah, there's no way I want Jimmy Smith on Diggs. The only way I would like that as if I wasn't a Ravens fan and had Diggs on a fantasy team. I'd honestly rather see Anthony Averett on him than Jimmy Smith.

Blog Entries

Keys to beating the Bills

Jimmy is the perfect guy to put on the opposing team’s TE or bigger WR. Either Marlon or Peters would be a better matchup against Diggs, but whoever is covering Diggs should have deep safety help.

The Bills don’t have much of a running attack, so the defensive secondary can focus on pass defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

On defense Wink has stay true to his MO bring the pressure but pick his spots at the same time. Front four really has to bring it Keep Allen in the pocket because he's more dangerous outside of it. Wink just really needs to bring a lot of different pre snap looks to Allen. Gong to be a chess match

On offense, run the ball and attack the sidelines. Marquis may be matched up with White so not sure how much production we can expect out of him. Mark Andrews is the key because Buffalo's liability on D are their LBs in coverage.
    Lamar needs to be come out, play relax, take what the defense gives him. No turnovers. That's where the Buffalo D thrives.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Only three on the line? Why?
    Three on the line would slow the run and force the throw. Sigh getting man in man and 7 in zone would not leave many openings