Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene says she’ll file impeachment articles against Joe Biden on his first day in office

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There are definitely special access programs that the POTUS doesn't have access to. However, you are right...I've not heard of a scenario where a sitting POTUS wasn't able to get access to whatever in the name of national security.

Having been in that world though, what I can say is that a lot of the material that crosses the POTUS's desk has been boiled down to some extremely high level bullets. So, even though those may be at a TS level...the original intel could have come from a SAP because of the manner in which the intel was collected, where it was collected, etc.
    Give me an example of something that the president wouldn’t have clearance for? UFOs?

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene says she’ll file impeachment articles against Joe Biden on his first day in office

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I don’t want or need to see his tax returns. Just like I didn’t need /want to see BHO birth certificate. I’ve never asked for it. All I asked is for Trump to honor what he said. He told the Americans people he’d release them after he was elected. Well...he’s now out of office and still no taxes.

Don’t say something and not do it. Honor , integrity, class. Things your boy is laking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahahaha. Your sore cause trump didn’t do something trivial??? Every politician ever has not done something they said they were going to do. But keep harping and justifying, it just makes you look petty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Give me an example of something that the president wouldn’t have clearance for? UFOs?
    I can’t go there.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    I don't know where you got this, but no one with a TS clearance provides tax returns.

And the President by virtue of his office is automatically cleared and read in. There is no qualifying for an clearance as POTUS. That doesn't mean they cannot unearth things later if someone digs enough, but the clearance comes with the position.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure one of the forms you fill out gives them permission to get them from the irs.

Probably irrelevant to a sitting president though as he is the ultimate classification authority.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

They can request them among other privacy act related information, but we do not provide anything and they are not unilaterally accessed.

To say that trump or any sitting president is required to give them his tax returns is as untrue as saying anyone with a clearance is required to give them their tax returns. The investigating authority simply can request from the IRS if they choose to.

Your point about the president being the ultimate classification authority is a fantastic point and one lost on most people understandably would be familiar with classification authorities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    They can request them among other privacy act related information, but we do not provide anything and they are not unilaterally accessed.

To say that trump or any sitting president is required to give them his tax returns is as untrue as saying anyone with a clearance is required to give them their tax returns. The investigating authority simply can request from the IRS if they choose to.

Your point about the president being the ultimate classification authority is a fantastic point and one lost on most people understandably would be familiar with classification authorities.

That's a good point. It's been a while since I've done an SF86, but they do inquire about foreign assets, property, and other financial information that could be considered a "risk" for clearing someone.

They will check to see that you are in good standing with tax filings though and if you're not, that could delay being cleared. So, while you may not have to out right provide tax returns, you do have to provide them with information relevant to tax filings and returns. And they definitely do a look-see into IRS records during the investigation/vetting process.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Since I just redid my SF-86 in Nov I can attest to my original statement that I had to submit 5 yrs of tax returns to my security officer to submit to my investigator

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Since I just redid my SF-86 in Nov I can attest to my original statement that I had to submit 5 yrs of tax returns to my security officer to submit to my investigator

Did to have to do that previously, or was that a new requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You said tax returns are required to show us for a POTUS. show the requirement.
    You do have to show your Tax returns for a top secret clearance. That process is hell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iceman43; 02-04-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

That has always been the requirement as far as I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

Yes. When I filed my first one to start the process.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    You do have to show your Tax returns for a top secret clearance. That process is hell

I never had to physically submit a return, just sign that they could get it from the irs.