Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Trump impeached for second time

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Even if this impeachment makes it through the senate (it wont) what's stopping Trump from "exposing" whatever it is you're talking about.

I think this would make him more apt to expose something if he has it.
    One of the things they're hoping to tack on to a Senate conviction is to ban Trump from running again. So they could be afraid he gets power in another 4 years (which seems unlikely given what happened on November 4th, the morning after election night, but who knows). They could also try to use a conviction in the Senate to convince the intelligence community that MAGA rallies are domestic terrorism gatherings to ban Trump's influence when he's out of office, or make symbols like the MAGA hat official hate symbols. Basically, they could be afraid his movement will grow and further threaten their grip on power.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    One of the things they're hoping to tack on to a Senate conviction is to ban Trump from running again. So they could be afraid he gets power in another 4 years (which seems unlikely given what happened on November 4th, the morning after election night, but who knows). They could also try to use a conviction in the Senate to convince the intelligence community that MAGA rallies are domestic terrorism gatherings to ban Trump's influence when he's out of office, or make symbols like the MAGA hat official hate symbols. Basically, they could be afraid his movement will grow and further threaten their grip on power.
    I get all that, I was more talking about Trump "exposing them" for whatever reason.

Impeachment may stop him from running again if it works, but it won't shut him up, more likely to just make him louder

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I get all that, I was more talking about Trump "exposing them" for whatever reason.

Impeachment may stop him from running again if it works, but it won't shut him up, more likely to just make him louder
    If a tree falls in the dark web and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

This impeachment has already been used to deplatform him as an inciter of violence. Combine that with the FBI using the momentum of the impeachment to potentially declaring "MAGA" a domestic terrorist movement, not only will Trump have fewer people to listen to him after being censored everywhere, with nobody to attend a rally of his, but anyone caught still following him will be in the crosshairs of society and vilified, fired from their jobs, who knows. If he exposed Biden but only a handful of people are even aware, it doesn't reach critical mass to have any impact.